Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2012

• 19-07-2011 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What are you expecting to see from this game, and what improvements do you hope will be made?

They reckon it will be released around October 2011, with SI making an announcement in August and the demo around September.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Paully D wrote: »
    What are you expecting to see from this game, and what improvements do you hope will be made?

They reckon it will be released around October 2011, with SI making an announcement in August and the demo around September.

at this stage I honestly dont know what they can do to improve it, I dont want them wasting more time on a match engine when I pay bugger all attention to it, I love the game at the moment and am more than happy to just have the updated squads every year to be honest!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I dont want to pay €40 for the game, then wait 3 months for a patch to fix all the issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,601 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I still think there is a good bit they can do to make the game more realistic, I agree that the match engine isn't really a priority at all anymore. Fine as it is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Maybe an upgrade to the match engine.
    Wouldn't mind if they didnt do anything to it at the same time tho. Not that big of a deal.

More intense beta testing. To me it seems like they put **** all effort into testing FM11 considering all of its problems.

More options for team talks/press conferences. Too boring and predictable.

Pretty sure I'll think of more stuff later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Proper AI squad building
    Improve implementation of Agents
    Press Conferences generally are boring and mundane ****e talk for managers but it does need more options in the game.
    Improve how coaches work at a club (make it more than just about training ratings)

Most of what they have to do is clean out the existing bugs rather than tack on completely new features that have been half tested.

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    Most of what they have to do is clean out the existing bugs rather than tack on completely new features that have been half tested.
    This.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

No glaring faults on release.

I won't be getting it anyway, I tend to get it every second year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭kksaints

Improved Press conferences and better team talks during the matches. Both of them are fairly poor.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

kksaints wrote: »
    Improved Press conferences and better team talks during the matches. Both of them are fairly poor.

I don't like doing either.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

All i ask for is:

improved ai transfers-just limit the activity, too much signings happen imo.
    improved squad building-should be a management stat, obviously some managers will be shocking at building a squad but its not exactly rocket science. if a player retires(like scholes irl) it should be like a big deal of who they get to replace them, with a particular player highlighted.

they should make a bigger deal out of transfers 2, like messi signed for city for 72 mill and barely a word was said about it.

director of football-a dof should happen in the game-targets players and gives you a list of players for certain positions

oh and improve MLS please, the ****ness of ai becomes apparent when managing here. they should allow u edit wage cap(and also stuff like how much it increases every so often) and allow u to edit expansion teams for a certain date and also have a few random expansions every so often

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Fix injurys!

3 consective games, 3 times a player has been injured EXACTLY on 4 mins.

I find having to buy extra players just to compensate.
    3 season in and each season a player has broken a leg leaving them out for the season (Usually a pretty good player to)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Fix injurys!

3 consective games, 3 times a player has been injured EXACTLY on 4 mins.

I find having to buy extra players just to compensate.
    3 season in and each season a player has broken a leg leaving them out for the season (Usually a pretty good player to)

Like I said previously, the 11.3 patch screwed up the injury frequencies and put them way too high.

Anyway, I've uploaded my database fix

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6Q9JZ9JK

Only downside is you'd have to start a new game

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Like I said previously, the 11.3 patch screwed up the injury frequencies and put them way too high.

Anyway, I've uploaded my database fix

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6Q9JZ9JK

Only downside is you'd have to start a new game

I did take note and thanks for that. I just cant bring myself to start a new game just yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I'd like to not have to trawl through the editor to get things fixed

Or have to delete files in order to have the real German and Japanese teams... took me ages to find how to get them

And to follow up on Dempsey's post, realistic squad building. The amount of shite players playing for the best teams and the lack of depth is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,811 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Teams shouldn't have 40 players in their team if you can only register 25.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

I would be so happy if I could get the 01-02 game with updated transfers.

That game was epic.

Mark Kerr and Cherno Samba.

doesnt hold up well mate

• Registered Users Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I'd love if you could make in game shouts to individual players instead of the entire team.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Tombomb7

This website has a nice list of changes which could appear in the 2012 version.

http://www.fmscout.com/a-football-manager-2012-new-features-suggested.html

Some pretty neat stuff. As for the release date it's usually around the second or Third week in October I thought. Looking forward to getting stuck in to Liverpool.

bad list no mention of improving the worst part of the game, the management ai.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

One thing I noticed was that you are unable as a club manager to go watch other matches, to scout players.
    You often see at the start a match " _______ has been spotted in the stands today"
    I know you can watch matches as an international manager but not as a club manager which I think should be added.

Unless of course you can and I have been ignorant to it all this time :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Haven't liked any of the new FM games and I'm still playing the 07 version!

I'm a dinosaur I know,maybe,just maybe,if 2012 gets good reviews I might buy and actually play it for a decent amount of time!

07 was a pretty good game actualy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

One thing I noticed was that you are unable as a club manager to go watch other matches, to scout players.
    You often see at the start a match " _______ has been spotted in the stands today"
    I know you can watch matches as an international manager but not as a club manager which I think should be added.

Unless of course you can and I have been ignorant to it all this time :o

You can. Just click on the v between the two clubs playing ;)

Gamestop have November 4th on their system as the release date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

@FootballManager Football Manager
    We are proud to announce that Football Manager 2012 will be released before Xmas 2011, and have today revealed a handful of the over 800 new features in the game this year – for more info, see http://bit.ly/29jafC #FM12

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

Manage Anywhere, Anytime – the ability to add or take away playable nations in your saved game as often as you want. Manage in that country at the start of the next season - meaning you don’t have to decide on which nations are playable at the start of your career.

I have been waiting for a feature like that for years. Pet hate of mine was that the leagues you loaded at the start, you were stuck with them. Always nice to add a new league in for a change in a long game.

Looking forward to it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Indeed, especially useful for if you end up managing at international level for a country where you don't have the league selected.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

800 new features, how many actually will work when the game is released? 5....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,811 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

You go on a 8 or 9 game win streak, you lose one game and then suddenly your team plays like a pub team for the match after that. Needs to stop.

Advertisement