Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC Live Streaming

• 24-04-2006 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭

Is there anyway to fool the BBC live stream to believe you are a UK viewer.

It gives the message "This stream is available to UK users only"

Any tweaks or tips to get past this , could I use a anonymous proxy or somit ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Yep. Just go to the proxy list here:
    http://www.publicproxyservers.com/

Look for one from Great Britain. In Internet Explorer:

Tools -> Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN Settings -> Tick "Use proxy server..." -> Enter the address and port that you found on the list in the above site.

You will have a very slow connection, sometimes it won't work. If it doesn't work just look for another proxy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Woohoo, got it, excellent. Go on Ken, 2-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

eirebhoy wrote:
    Yep. Just go to the proxy list here:

Look for one from Great Britain. In Internet Explorer:

Tools -> Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN Settings -> Tick "Use proxy server..." -> Enter the address and port that you found on the list in the above site.

You will have a very slow connection, sometimes it won't work. If it doesn't work just look for another proxy.

try proxy.com took me a half hour to find one....it s worth it..i watching an interval now! people coughing etc ...great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭LizardKing

What Proxies are you using , will they work in Firefox too ??

eh page 9 proxy.com
    found good proxy remeber port is 8080 distorting, should work in firefox
    ip 94.80.112.101

ken just jumped the cue, hes playing sh*t after a good start he's down 4-2

• Advertisement

take a look
    hehehehe this is great live snooker at work...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭digiman

Does anyone know if this would work if you are behind a proxy already that is Irish. I tried the one that you said stevejaxx and it just times out. If it helps I am behind a proxy in DCU.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

I cant get that to work either, however the windows media feed does work for me, albeit in narrowband quality. Any ideas as to whats wrong?

before you log with proxy entered clean your interent files with ccleaner
    the ip above works its been working all day for me
    ps choose win media player couldnt get to work with real player, oh go via link from video audio page as opposed to direct link from main screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 uisneach

Its tricky business trying to get this live streaming to work. Ive been trying since the World Championships started, went through a lot of different uk proxy servers and no luck connecting. Tried even connecting directly to the stream itself over the windows media mms:// protocol
    mms://wmlivegeo.bbc.net.uk/wms/sport/sport5buk_s1 (table 1)

The Beeb have a list of over 100 uk isps and if the ip you are connecting under isnt part of that ip range, you are out of luck.

stevejazzx, that IP doesnt seem to work anymore. Anyone have any other IPs that work?

• Advertisement

yep that ip is F****ed now, proxy.com ones seem to work will posy one if i get a chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Sorry to be a bother now, but can anyone give a step by step to use proxy servers in order to get the snooker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

:(

I find it soooooo difficult to watch. Very jerky and rebuffers itself every 2 seconds for about 10 secs each time.

Why is this? Should I select a different proxy server or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭legologic

@digiman... I can't get any live-streams to work through the DCU proxy as staff or student. I stopped trying long ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

i got it to work but the quality is crap. it settled down for a few minutes the it buffered it self so i eventually lost interest.
    just wondering though what happens if i dont change the proxy settings back to the way they were

Advertisement