Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mugging in the cinema...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

I can still stomach the price of a ticket - the price of the popcorn/coke/sweets on the other hand...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Wickerman1

I still miss buttered popcorn. The health nazi's did a job on that too!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

T-Maxx wrote: »
    I can still stomach the price of a ticket - the price of the popcorn/coke/sweets on the other hand...:eek:

True! Brought the husband to see "Clash of the Titans" a while back (it was ****e) between the tickets for the 3D film and small popcorn and coke it cost almost E40!!! It would be cheaper to go to the pub!!!! :pac:

I dont understand why the cinema is so expensive anyway - do they really have such overheads that they can justify what they charge? I know they have public liability insurance, but people are sittting down, not bungee jumping! And as for the popcorn - they dont seem to have 40 staff hovering around that need to be paid....., so why the big rip-off????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Sligo do a fiver on a Tuesday all tickets (I think Tuesday),or so they did before the summer anyway,haven't being in ages. Think 3d were 7 euro or so those nights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 uSmellLikeSoup

I was at the cinema a few weeks ago to see 'Hot Tub Time Machine' and it cost himself €25 or €26 for two adult tickets iirc. That was in IMC Mullingar.

Evening adult tickets in Mullingar are €8.50 each
    Times two would be €17

Before 6pm the adult tickets are €6.50
    Times two, €13

Hot Tub Time Machine was a normal 2D film and not 3D, so thats the max amount you could have paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Firblog

Evening adult tickets in Mullingar are €8.50 each
    Times two would be €17

Same price in Letterkenny for Friday evening.. plus I remember that they were found in a survey to have the cheapest priced popcorn..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I would gladly pay more than €11 for the continued top quality productions from Hollywood.

Derp.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭BornIn84

its 5 euro for a bag of M&M's now in Vue and in Parnell in town....now thats a rip off!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I went to see the avatar and was charged for the glasses, whats the general 3d glasses charges countrywide now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Wickerman1 wrote: »
    I still miss buttered popcorn. The health nazi's did a job on that too!:(

It's not for health reasons. It's to cut costs.
    They were spending too much on cleaning chemicals to take the butter off the seats.

Always follow the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Was in the cinema in Belfast last week and on Tuesday night it was £4.

Went to Avatar 3d in cineworld... 2 x tickets, 2 x glasses, 1 x popcorn, 1 x drink and a bag of sweets. Over €40 euro for it. Have cut my trips to the cinema right back, maybe they'll learn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

meglome wrote: »
    Was in the cinema in Belfast last week and on Tuesday night it was £4.

Went to Avatar 3d in cineworld... 2 x tickets, 2 x glasses, 1 x popcorn, 1 x drink and a bag of sweets. Over €40 euro for it. Have cut my trips to the cinema right back, maybe they'll learn.

Nope, they'll never learn, I'm thinking Naas cinema is one of the dearest about!

Advertisement