Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird stuff going on, need help !

• 14-12-2005 3:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine has just been talking to me about strange things going on in his house of late and asked me could I help him to get someone in to check it out for him so I thought I'd put up a post here.

The house he's in is near 5 years old and he and his family have been living there since it was built. It started off with just little things like stuff going missing and items not being where they were last placed, he didn't make anything of that and just put it down to forgetfulness.
    He took some pictures a year ago in the house and noticed what looks to be orbs in them which seem to be always in pictures with his wife and child but they never show up what he's in a picture. Then about four months ago ( just my friend and his child in the house, his wife was out ) he was in the sitting room and seen a boy run past the sitting room door, naturally he thought it was his son so he went to check only to find that his son was still in bed asleep. He was a bit freaked by this as anyone would be so he kept an eye on things in the house the following weeks and no strange occurrences has happened till now that is !

Tonight I got a call from him about an hour ago ( round 2am, chap doesn't know what to do ) and he's really freaked out. Everyone is in bed and there child is in their bed too, he woke up and went downstairs to get a glass of water, he swears blind that nothing was on in the house. Now when he went back upstairs he found the bathroom light on and the TV in his child's room is on along with his games console but what's really strange is that according to him when he went into the room the games console switched itself off but the TV stayed on :eek: .
    He went and turned all the things off, done a full check of the house to see if someone was in it ( found no one ) and decided to stay up. Five minutes after this he has heard things moving in the child's room and has the feeling that he's being watched.

What can he do ? He wants to try and get someone to come in and check the house but both him and I don't know how to go about this or how much it costs.
    Any info would be a great help and thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

I think the first thing I would do is organise a visit with a genuine medium or sensitive. As is stands there is a variety of paranormal research associations just setting themselves up and while they may come and have a look around your house, they can't really do anything other than confirm or deny any paranormal activity that might be occuring.
    A medium might be able to connect with the energy thats causing the issue and help resolve the situation. (put it to rest), or put you in touch with someone who can.
    Most mediums don't charge a great deal (at least here in Ireland,) I think the average is apx 50euro for a session.

tc and best wishes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

You could also check the history of the house from older neighbours to find out what the significance of the child is. Contacting the local parish priest to bless the house could work too, and that's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Hmm. You know, it sounds to me like the kid is sneaking around at night. I remember when I was a kid, the speed at which I could leap back into bed and close my eyes was incredible.

Come on, he arrived and the TV and game console were on! He could have been playing games at night and dived into bed when he heard his father coming. What console was it? It may be that it turns off a few seconds after you press the button.

Just throwing the idea out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭HomunQlus

This sounds as if something is wrong about the house.

Try to find out when it was built exactly. Some houses have a long history. If you're not the first to live there, find out about the people who lived there before, and I mean all the families.

Then try to figure out if something unusual has happened in the house, maybe even a murderer. This sounds like as if children or at least a child was involved in what ever happened. It looks like as if the house is older than 4 years. Also try to find out if - as strange and mad as it sounds - any rituals or something like that were held in or at the house.

All of this might be related to this. It doesn't sound to me like what he describes as made up.

Also try to search all rooms for something unsual, anything, this might also help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Thanks guys, I was onto my mate today at work and he's certain in the space of time that he was downstairs ( about 2 minutes ) his child which is five was not out of bed to do it, also he said if he was he would of heard him walking round.
    The house is near 5 years old and they're the only family to have lived in it and as far as we can both make out there is not much history to the land it's built on.
    As for the game console it's a nintendo gamecube and it doesn't switch itself off to my knowledge or his, not only that but he swears blind that he saw the power button come up into the off position too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭HomunQlus

It might be something in the immediate surrounding area then. Where is the house located?

It might be that in that area strange things have been reported by others in their houses. Also, you could, if you want to, ask others in that area to see if strange things like that or similar to that happened in their houses.

He doesn't really want to tell or ask anyone else in the area about it for fear of having fun made of it and his family. I'm a very close friend of them and the only person outside of his family he has told, reason he asked me could i help was because he knows he can trust me not to go round telling everyone in the town.

are you north south east or west?
    someone here might be near enough to your location to do a few emf readings.

<It might not be directly related to the house.>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

I have heard of occurances before like this, where there is a young person in the house or surronding area, a playful spirit of a child can pick up on the playful intent of the living child and play along with them, sort of like a imagenery friend. There is nothin harmful about it maybe its just a bit freaky, but a simple blessing has resolved any cases i've heard of!

solas wrote:
    are you north south east or west?
    someone here might be near enough to your location to do a few emf readings.

<It might not be directly related to the house.>

He's in the north east.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I'm no expert but I have read a lot on the subject, it sounds to me to be like poltergeist activity. Poltergeist's tend to be attracted to children from what I've read. Check and see if there is an electrical pylon near close to the house, I've heard of strange happenings close to these too. As I said again I'm no expert but these may be worth considering.

How old is the child? Is there any other children in the house? Is anyone in the house under any particular stress. Do either of the direct neighbours on either side have any young teenaged girls?

One of the more scientiffic theories (and just about that) is that poltergeist activity is caused by the living people, not spirits. The theory goes that such things are subconcious telekenetic abilities. There have been a compelling number of cases of poltergeist activity that seem to be centred around hormonal and stressed out teenagers. As they got older the activity faded.

The most likely demographic appears to be young teenage girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

It sounds like it could all be his son.
    hellboy99 wrote:
    It started off with just little things like stuff going missing and items not being where they were last placed, he didn't make anything of that and just put it down to forgetfulness.
    His son moving stuff around or taking stuff. He might not even admit to it if he's afraid he'll get into trouble.
    He took some pictures a year ago in the house and noticed what looks to be orbs in them which seem to be always in pictures with his wife and child but they never show up what he's in a picture. Then about four months ago ( just my friend and his child in the house, his wife was out ) he was in the sitting room and seen a boy run past the sitting room door, naturally he thought it was his son so he went to check only to find that his son was still in bed asleep. He was a bit freaked by this as anyone would be so he kept an eye on things in the house the following weeks and no strange occurrences has happened till now that is !
    Again, could be his son running past the sitting room door, sneaking back upstairs and then pretending to be asleep because he's afraid to be caught awake for whatever reason.

Tonight I got a call from him about an hour ago ( round 2am, chap doesn't know what to do ) and he's really freaked out. Everyone is in bed and there child is in their bed too, he woke up and went downstairs to get a glass of water, he swears blind that nothing was on in the house. Now when he went back upstairs he found the bathroom light on and the TV in his child's room is on along with his games console but what's really strange is that according to him when he went into the room the games console switched itself off but the TV stayed on :eek: .
    His son, waking up, going to the loo and left the light on or turned the toilet light on so he can see because he didn't want lights in his room on in case he gets caught. Decided to play with the gamecube, heard his dad coming and only had time to hit the power button on the console and not the tv before he jumped back into bed. His dad just though he saw the console switch going up because he's freaked out already and seeing things.
    He went and turned all the things off, done a full check of the house to see if someone was in it ( found no one ) and decided to stay up. Five minutes after this he has heard things moving in the child's room and has the feeling that he's being watched.
    His kid is running around again cause he's obviously awake while he freaks out some more and thinks something is watching him... Maybe he should ask his son what is going on instead of jumping to conclusions. I've done similar things with watching tv in my parents room when I should be asleep and don't have time to turn everything off before jumping back into bed when they got home.

CodeMonkey wrote:
    It sounds like it could all be his son.

The child has been ruled out as of from last night. Same thing happened in the childs room last night, his son was in bed with his mam while my friend decided to stay up all night sitting on the landing to make sure it wasn't him getting up in the night and turning stuff on :eek:

Why did you ignore everything I said?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

hellboy99 wrote:
    The child has been ruled out as of from last night. Same thing happened in the childs room last night, his son was in bed with his mam while my friend decided to stay up all night sitting on the landing to make sure it wasn't him getting up in the night and turning stuff on :eek:
    Same thing happened in the kids room? Are up saying while he was sitting there in the landing he saw the tv got turned on, gamecube came on, bathroom lights came on and he heard noise from the room? Or did he think he observed one of those things? What exactly did he see? He was up all night so how tired was he when he observed what he thought he saw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Very often so called "Ghosts" or "Spirits" are somehow related to furniture or the house itself and sometimes they don´t even know what is going on, meaning that they can´t move on for one reason or another. If they are vicious and have enough power to manifest light switches to go on and off or misplace things then it is probably a problem.

What often helps is this:

Call Upon Lakshmi,the beautiful, golden skinned moon goddess of prosperity and good fortune. She is also associated with space clearing for the home. She is powerful and full of positive energy and may rid you of whatever it is that is there. Stay focused on your desire to clear the house from unwanted `guests´ and "armed" with Sandelwood incense sticks you walk from room to room chanting: "Om Nameh Lakshmi Namah" which is a prayer of thanks and reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mark13

he's imagining it,he should grow up and cop on,tell him to buy a video camera,film some ghostly happenings and i guarantee he'll be able to buy 10 houses.maybe the problem is,he has an over active imagination,is generally forgetful and has dropped a lot of acid in has time

EDIT: Much better! :)

/sighs a weary sigh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭mysteria

Hi to Hellboy99, I'm a professional in this field, not looking for business or money, but if your friend still needs help send me a private email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Sapien

mysteria wrote:
    I'm a professional in this field
    *curiosity*

What is it that you do, mysteria?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭mysteria

Merry Meet Sapien,
    Parapsychologist/researcher/author/holistic & paranormal advice columnist. I've been successfully involved in most of Ireland's high-profile "haunted house" cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Can you give us deatails and stories?

Advertisement