Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most Cringeworthy Character in Star Trek History

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Bog Cotton

Yes, I mean that kid looks nothing like Keiko. I suppose they just got the first oriental kid actor available, (because they all look alike!:rolleyes:)

"I want my Faarther!" :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufHZy80dmXM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Just watched DS9 The Passenger and Rao Vantika played by Alexander Siddig is defiantly a cringeworthy candidate, Siddig wasn't the greatest actor in the early DS9 episodes but this one is terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Just watched DS9 The Passenger and Rao Vantika played by Alexander Siddig is defiantly a cringeworthy candidate, Siddig wasn't the greatest actor in the early DS9 episodes but this one is terrible.

Dreadful stuff that. Season 1 of DS9 is a bit of an ordeal to get through.

Ra-oh...Vant..ika...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

EnterNow wrote: »
    Dreadful stuff that. Season 1 of DS9 is a bit of an ordeal to get through.

Ra-oh...Vant..ika...:rolleyes:

Nooooo, not bloody season 1!

Allamaraine, count to four,
    Allamaraine, then three more,
    Allamaraine, if you can see,
    Allamaraine, you'll come with me...

Ingrained in my brain...forever!

Goldstein wrote: »
    Nooooo, not bloody season 1!

Allamaraine, count to four,
    Allamaraine, then three more,
    Allamaraine, if you can see,
    Allamaraine, you'll come with me...

Ingrained in my brain...forever!

Move along home :D I have to say, for some bizarre reason, that episode doesn't nearly bother me as much as it should :o

• Advertisement

Doesn't bother me either since I skip it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Yes, I mean that kid looks nothing like Keiko
    Keiko! I forgot about Keiko, she was fairly cringeworthy... I'm sticking with Jadzia though

Yeah Jadzia, was pretty cringeworthy... but she was HOT! likewise I really didn't like it when she was talking Klingon, especially that Ablino assassination episode, where she was acting the hard-man.
    That whole marraige scene was aweful.

I always thought Keiko was a bit scary. I wouldn't like to be in her bad books.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQtt8K-2GZw

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mister_h

Bog Cotton wrote: »
    Yeah Jadzia, was pretty cringeworthy... but she was HOT! likewise I really didn't like it when she was talking Klingon, especially that Ablino assassination episode, where she was acting the hard-man.
    That whole marraige scene was aweful.

I must admit though, the Albino Klingon was an interesting story. but it rapped up to quickly i could have seen that go for a half season at least. The identity of the Klingon being kept secret for as long as possible. However i would agree Jadzia was the worst person to take the lead for that storyline, Should have been kept for worf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭Daith

mister_h wrote: »
    I must admit though, the Albino Klingon was an interesting story. but it rapped up to quickly i could have seen that go for a half season at least. The identity of the Klingon being kept secret for as long as possible. However i would agree Jadzia was the worst person to take the lead for that storyline, Should have been kept for worf

It had to be Jadzia. While the episode chickened out in the end by having Jadzia not kill the Albino, the entire point of Blood Oath was to see if Jadzia could kill.

Having Worf kill someone wouldnt mean anything. Besides Jadzia became more of a Klingon then Worf ever was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Cal Hudson form DS9, the Maquis episodes. There was just something so cringe worthy about him! Really set my teeth on edge watching it, thought the his acting was poor as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Dave0301 wrote: »
    Cal Hudson form DS9, the Maquis episodes. There was just something so cringe worthy about him! Really set my teeth on edge watching it, thought the his acting was poor as well!

I think he tried to match Ben "I-pro-nounce-ev-ery-syl-la-ble-in-ev-ery -sen-ten-ce" Sisko at his own game, and failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Harry Mudd always annoyed the hell out of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Underdraft

Kira kind of annoyed me, she always had a scowl on her face and was p1ssed about something or other. And the whole, these are my beliefs, the occupation, you've offended me with your religious insensitivity yadda yadda yadda, sigh no one cares anymore.

Agreed. I think if these characters were real people then across the 5x shows she's defo the last one I'd want to spend time with. She's just so uptight and boring (second possibly being Chakotay). Most of the other characters in ST have some interesting quirks or backstory but she has nothing. I hated when the did a 'resistance' episode and when she'd be doing an ep with Dukat he'd be knocking it out of the park and she'd just be dead weight. Even her costume/general look is stupid and when she's trying to be 'sexy' (eg in a holodeck or mirror ep it just comes off as pathetic).

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭OldeCinemaSoz

Mr ATOZ in ALL OUR YESTERDAYS...

flounding around and completely dumbounded on what was all
    going on around him...

Flotter.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭somuj

Flotter.jpg

Who the heck is that guy? First time i've havn't recognised a trek character :(

somuj wrote: »

Flotter. Naomi Wildmans holodeck character friend thing. Cringeworthy for sure

Flotter.jpg

I watched that episode today, that whole holodeck creation was never a favorite of mine but then again neither was Naomi Wildman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Flotter.jpg

I thought it was the annoying holodeck character from the Alexander Rosheko/Lwaxana Troi for a sec. AHA

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭somuj

I think I must have repressed that whole episode. With good reason too. How am I going to un-remember it now :P

How am I going to un-remember it now :P

Don't :D

Advertisement