Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stadium

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I wonder how long until we break ground shirt deal is up this year and now is the best time to be talking about getting a shirt and stadium sponsor when we are fighting at the very top of the league. if we can get 250m 10 year deal we will be doing very well but to be honest I wonder if we would need to be making even more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DamienKilmurray

It looks like the plans for a Hotel at the stadium have been shelved.

http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=31223&posts=3

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

A hotel in Tottenham was always a dodgy prospect, even Chelsea struggle with theirs and that's a much nicer part of town.
    Not convinced flats will work at the moment either though

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

New Stadium blueprint. Can any civil engineers translate?? :)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BA0zGPhCUAAR5rd.png:large

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

Not a civil engineer but it sure looks purrrty :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Any more info on it or just the sketch ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

It looks like the actual paxton road will disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭WHL

I guess that it would have to disappear given the way that they are doing it. Those pictures on the hoardings around the stadium look to be the job. Are they not already clearing ground to the north of the stadium - there was work going on when I was over in November and I presumed that they had started :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club (THFC) has moved closer to transforming its White Hart Lane ground, as Haringey Council approved a land deal for the clubs new stadium.

The 56,250-capacity stadium is being built as part of the wider regeneration of Tottenham, North London, following a pledge by THFC and Haringey Council.

Under the deal the Council will acquire land for the development to remove the risk of owners of neighbouring properties seeking an injunction to prevent construction of the development.

The Council will then grant a 999-year lease of the land to THFC.

http://www.leisureopportunities.co.uk/detail1.cfm?pagetype=detail&subject=news&codeID=304506

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

fingers crossed mate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

http://hereisthecity.com/2013/05/01/ld-white-hart-lane-redevelopment-make-or-break-time-for-spurs/?

I'm really excited about this stadium. The boardings look amazing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Rumours in Twitter this morning of a stadium deal with Nike, the Nike arena

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Rumours in Twitter this morning of a stadium deal with Nike, the Nike arena
    That would be starnge given we already have a tie up with Under Armour for another 4 years?

That would be starnge given we already have a tie up with Under Armour for another 4 years?

Thats only attire though. Stadium is a separate entity.

I was looking forward to "The Guinness Stadium" though :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I'd be delighted to have a major sports entity sponsoring our sports venue!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭golfball37

As long as we still call it WHL I don't mind what the official title is.

golfball37 wrote: »
    As long as we still call it WHL I don't mind what the official title is.

They're selling the naming rights so 100% will not be called White Hart Lane.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

irishmover wrote: »
    They're selling the naming rights so 100% will not be called White Hart Lane.

I thought it was always going to be "naming rights"@white hart lane..so the nike arena at white hart lane

I thought it was always going to be "naming rights"@white hart lane..so the nike arena at white hart lane

If you can show me where exactly it's said that's the case that would be great but the indication I've always got is that the naming rights will be just like any other stadium (I.e. etihad and the emirates).

See the naming rights paragraph in the below link. Not definitive answer though.

http://spurstalk.co.uk/new-tottenham-stadium-july-update/

irishmover wrote: »
    If you can show me where exactly it's said

Sorry, can't help you there - too much like real work ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I think he meant that us fans will always call it WHL no matter what the official name is. I still refer to the Aviva as Landsdowne Road.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    I think he meant that us fans will always call it WHL no matter what the official name is. I still refer to the Aviva as Landsdowne Road.

Then why didn't he just say that!! :)

http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7515934
    Update for those who care (Pelebore). All the following info is from the same guy (mentioned in the first tweet) . I should point out that Rob works on the site and his info is 'solid'.. .

Work on the 288 residential/commercial units are due to start on completion of the stadium, Around May 2017, With £31.6m in private funding

FCC (Spain) have built Real Madrid's Sport City, Jerez F1 circuit, Espanyol Stadium plus the Euro 08 & 12 stadiums.

They have teamed up with FCC Infrastructure and combined will be a well equipped and experienced developer

I said McLaren are the favoured contractor due to their work on the training ground and supermarket.

The contractor has not been named but tenders are returned from BAM, Laing, McAlpine and McLaren

The Stadium is due to start 5/5/2014 with £188.2m coming from private funding

Work at 500 White Hart Lane (industrial unit) is scheduled to start 4/2/2013

McLaren are scheduled to finish the supermarket and handover on 4/11/2013

Spurs stadium update (As little info as it is)...............

Is the £188.2m from 'private funding' coming courtesy of Mr Joseph Lewis? That'll hurt a few members on here IF that's the case. Better get some counselling sessions booked in!!

And this is some info about an initiative that our club is looking to make happen in the local area....

Spurs offers school site.

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club is trying to attract new investors to N17 by offering a rare government-let opportunity.

The Premier League club is selling a 26,000 sq ft free school, Brook House, at 881 High Road, close to its planned £430m White Hart Lane stadium scheme.

A 25-year lease has been agreed with the secretary of state for education from completion of the school, which is expected in January 2015.

It will generate rent of £468,000 pa, with rises every five years.

A Tottenham Hotspur spokesman said: 'With work on the project now well under way, we have instructed Lambert Smith Hampton to take this development to market to attract new investors to the area and allow us to focus on our core scheme, the new stadium development.'

As well as providing capital for the club, the disposal is in line with Haringey council's ambitions to attract new investors to the north London area.

The property sits within a Newlon Housing Trust redevelopment of the 2.2-acre former Cannon Rubber factory on Tottenham High Road. It is also within Haringey's Tottenham regeneration zone, where the council is aiming for up to 1,650 homes, new open space equivalent to 34 tennis courts and leisure space over a 15-year period.

Offers in excess of £10m are sought for Brook House, reflecting a 4.42% net initial yield....

That's all there is, hopefully it's something you can at least attempt to be positive about. I'll return with more as and when it becomes available.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2013/10/20/4344215/-
    The plans have been in place since 2008, and even though the club have asked a new company for fresh ideas they expect to be in a position to start building next summer

By Greg Stobart

Tottenham plan to begin construction of their new stadium in the middle of next year - despite appointing the architects responsible for the Olympic Stadium to come up with new designs.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has not ditched the 56,000-seater designs produced by architects KSS but has appointed Populus - who also designed the Emirates Stadium and the new Wembley - to come up with alternative plans.

Regardless of whether the north London club continue with the original plans - first revealed in 2008 and already considered slightly out of date - they are confident of beginning construction by June 2014.

In such a scenario, Spurs would move into a partially completed stadium for the 2016-17 with the final venue completed in time for the following campaign.

The first phase of the Northumberland Development Project started last June, with a Sainsburys supermaket scheduled to open to the north of the new stadium site next year.

The £400 million project will mainly be financed by a front-loaded naming rights deal, with the club continuing to hold talks with a number of potential partners in the Middle East, Far East and the United States.

Tottenham are owned by Bahamas-based billionaire Joe Lewis, who is ready to guarantee bank loans for the stadium construction, while a £17m funding agreement was agreed with London mayor Boris Johnson in 2012.

The development is considered crucial to Tottenham’s chances of remaining competitive both commercially and on the pitch, especially in light of Uefa’s financial fair play regulations.

Funding difficulties and other problems have already caused a four-year delay in the project but the club are wary of being left behind by rivals and have noted the commercial success of Arsenal's Emirates Stadium.

Spurs supporters are also anxious to move into the new venue, the current design of which is based on proximity to the pitch and a huge single-tier stand.

Advertisement