Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sky Jobs

• 27-03-2012 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

I applied for a job with sky for there new call centre in Dublin back in January got an e-mail from the to say they were just getting there team leaders in place and then they would contact me. All I had to do was make sure my application was complete, got another e-mail from them to say it was but not heard anything else. Just wondering has anyone else applied for a job with sky and if so have they heard anything from them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Ya I applied to them but I didn't get through to the first round after application. So my application wasn't successful.

I am sure they get in touch with you. Keep your phone handy and check your emails regularly. Its the end of March they should nearly get back too you as soon as they have sorted out the team leaders. The fact that they emailed you to state that then I would imagine they might get in touch with you before this week is out or by next week. Its imminent that they probably get in touch.

Some applications take longer if there were a lot of applicants. Every company is different at how long they get back too you. It has varied for me, some back in touch within a week, others a few weeks some even a couple of months, a month, two to three months, the longest I have waited to hear back from a company is seven months!

Maybe get in touch with them again in the next few weeks, but hang on till just before or after Easter when it is coming into April it be worth sending them an email to see what the story is. If you haven't heard from them by Easter get in touch with them and ring them. They have to get in touch with you after that number of weeks from the date of application. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭UMMMM

I applied for a team lead role and heard back at the end of Feb. telephone interview very soon after hearing back then got invited for a assessment day just before paddys didn't get past this stage but there would of been a second round so long in short ,I would it would be mid April before the team leaders are recruited !! The recruiters are very process driven so you will hear from them .

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Frezzin

Anyone have feedback or can talk a bit about what happens at the assessment centre? I'm lined up to go in on Monday for a role and would love to have a heads up on what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Frezzin wrote: »
    Anyone have feedback or can talk a bit about what happens at the assessment centre? I'm lined up to go in on Monday for a role and would love to have a heads up on what to expect.

How did you get on?, I have mine on Wedneday. What was the process? Email says its 2 hours long.

It's actually pretty much as described on the tin.

The only thing I would add is that the questions/process seemed very tailored to the role. So depending on which one you go for, the whole process could change. I think that's sort of the point to be honest. I got the distinct impression they wanted to see how you worked under pressure and throwing questions at you that you wouldn't have thought to prepare for.

My only advice would be to be yourself and answer honestly and that's about the best you can do. And prepare, prepare, prepare for any kind of interview situation lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Frezzin wrote: »
    It's actually pretty much as described on the tin.

The only thing I would add is that the questions/process seemed very tailored to the role. So depending on which one you go for, the whole process could change. I think that's sort of the point to be honest. I got the distinct impression they wanted to see how you worked under pressure and throwing questions at you that you wouldn't have thought to prepare for.

My only advice would be to be yourself and answer honestly and that's about the best you can do. And prepare, prepare, prepare for any kind of interview situation lol

Best of luck, I hope you get selected.

I have a presentation and competency's interview. I heard the 2-3 hr session format starts with a welcome presentation regarding working for sky (benefits) and then a maths test and then role play. Does that stack up?
    Did they throw any difficult questions about sky itself?

Thanks, same to you!

Actually doesn't stack up at all, except for the CBI stuff :)

It probably goes without saying to prepare for the worst in terms of the CBI. I know I didn't prepare as much as I should have cus no one told me that it was a part of the process.

No, no questions about Sky itself, but then in terms of my interview I was well prepared with my Sky info so I probably worked it in on the fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ronsgonawin

I applied for the sales advisor role. Did anyone here back from this. I received an email saying that I would here from them but nothing as of yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 lisil78

I applied about a month ago and received an email last week saying that they were currently recruiting managers etc and that they would be back in touch in about 8 weeks once this process was complete .... i have to say i was very impressed with this, first time ever a company has kept me updates in their recruitment process, at least now I know not to think about if for a few more weeks.

I didn't end up getting the role i went in for, but I have found some additional info.

The interviews depend on what role you're going for. The one I went for was for a training role and seemed much more traditional to me than the interviews they do for Team Leaders and agents, which involves the group stage, then a one-on-one. In the training role I was interviewed by two guys, one HR and one the Training Manager. To be honest, as I mentioned the CBI questions threw me as I wasn't expecting them and I'm not great thinking on my feet for those when under pressure.

My advice would be, regardless of the interview, that you very strongly prepare for CBI questions. Make sure you're comfortable answering them. And also make sure you're comfortable presenting.

They are still hiring Team Leaders, so likely won't be hiring agents till they finish that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 AwkwardEnough

I got an email the other day saying that I have been successful in getting an interview for Sales Advisor. They are holding two round of interviews, starting on the 11 of June. Dont think the actual job starts until September. Email said they would be in touch regarding times. Havent heard anything yet but its still a week an a half away.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Bringbackrafa

Hey could you give me the details on how to apply?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Hey could you give me the details on how to apply?

workforsky.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Castle-Frank

I applied for a job in Sky and have an interview/assessment next Tuesday. Does anybody have any feedback about the process or what it is like to work there? Was also told the job does not start till the start of November

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

I applied for a job in Sky and have an interview/assessment next Tuesday. Does anybody have any feedback about the process or what it is like to work there? Was also told the job does not start till the start of November

pm sent.

Double post. Stupid phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Smurts

Im also going a sales advisor assessment tomorrow - no idea what to expect? Has anyone done one yet?

Best of luck today Castle-Frank, hope it went well!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Smurts

Did anyone hear anything back from the interviews last week yet?

Smurts wrote: »
    Did anyone hear anything back from the interviews last week yet?

pm sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 I_like_pie

Hi all,

I attended an assessment day at the new Sky centre in Ballsbridge recently and got a call today saying I was successful with getting through to the 2nd round of interviews. It says in the email that I can expect an individual exercise as well as a group one and it will last 2-3 hours. Has anybody been for one of these before and could tell me what to expect? I would hate to mess it up after getting this far.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

I_like_pie wrote: »
    Hi all,

I attended an assessment day at the new Sky centre in Ballsbridge recently and got a call today saying I was successful with getting through to the 2nd round of interviews. It says in the email that I can expect an individual exercise as well as a group one and it will last 2-3 hours. Has anybody been for one of these before and could tell me what to expect? I would hate to mess it up after getting this far.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

smile for 3 hours:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 will26

hey, im in with sky for my first interview/selection session on monday,for a service advisor position....can anyone give me some info and tell me what to expect, have not had an interview in a few years so pretty nervous about it....and help would be much appreciated, thanks

will26 wrote: »
    hey, im in with sky for my first interview/selection session on monday,for a service advisor position....can anyone give me some info and tell me what to expect, have not had an interview in a few years so pretty nervous about it....and help would be much appreciated, thanks

Send me a pm, and I'll fill you in as best I can.

p/m sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Had my interview on Tuesday for service advisor, haven't heard anything yet. I think it went very well though, so here's hoping

JBoyle4eva wrote: »
    Had my interview on Tuesday for service advisor, haven't heard anything yet. I think it went very well though, so here's hoping

I was speaking with them on the phone today (in Ballsbridge not Newcastle) and they were up to their eyes, so it may be Monday or Tuesday before you hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 tripper1963

hey, im in with sky for my second interview/selection for a service advisor position....can anyone give me some info and tell me what to expect, have not had an interview in a few years so pretty nervous about it....and help would be much appreciated, thanks

hey, im in with sky for my second interview/selection for a service advisor position....can anyone give me some info and tell me what to expect, have not had an interview in a few years so pretty nervous about it....and help would be much appreciated, thanks

p/m sent.

I was speaking with them on the phone today (in Ballsbridge not Newcastle) and they were up to their eyes, so it may be Monday or Tuesday before you hear.

Cheers for that info, hopefully good news will be had :)

• Advertisement

Just an update, heard back today. Been invited to the second assessment next week. Happy days :)

Advertisement