Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HD 5850 €109.90 Pixmania.ie

• 24-04-2011 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just posted this is bargain alerts, but may be more useful here:

Link here

Shipping is €15.99. Use fatcheese.ie to get 3% cashback

Not a bad price if you were looking to crossfire, or upgrade as it is usually better for gaming than the hd 6850

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Very nice.
    I was thinking about upgrading to a 5770 Vapor-X on Amazon for €124,
    but this looks a much better card for €126, including shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

dkmedia wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just posted this is bargain alerts, but may be more useful here:

Link here

Shipping is €15.99. Use fatcheese.ie to get 3% cashback

Not a bad price if you were looking to crossfire, or upgrade as it is usually better for gaming than the hd 6850

Epic deal here ! If people didnt know, these support voltage adjustments with that new Sapphire TriXX software

Edit : I'll be ordering on on Tuesday, all things going well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭dkmedia

Moon54 wrote: »
    Very nice.
    I was thinking about upgrading to a 5770 Vapor-X on Amazon for €124,
    but this looks a much better card for €126, including shipping.

Pixmania also have the hd 5770 for €89.90 + € 14 delivery = €109.90

although I would suggest picking up the hd 5850 as its much better for gaming & not that much more expensive

Cheers OP. I ordered that 5850 1GB. :)
    According to hwcompare.com it's about twice as fast as my current 4850 512MB ;
    http://www.hwcompare.com/1083/radeon-hd-4850-512mb-vs-radeon-hd-5850/

and also, it's not far behind the 6950 1GB in performance;
    http://www.hwcompare.com/6133/radeon-hd-5850-vs-radeon-hd-6950/

About twice as quick as a 4850 sounds right ! They run very cool too

• Advertisement

Moon54 wrote: »
    Cheers OP. I ordered that 5850 1GB. :)
    According to hwcompare.com it's about twice as fast as my current 4850 512MB ;
    http://www.hwcompare.com/1083/radeon-hd-4850-512mb-vs-radeon-hd-5850/

and also, it's not far behind the 6950 1GB in performance;
    http://www.hwcompare.com/6133/radeon-hd-5850-vs-radeon-hd-6950/

Excellent, glad the thread was useful to people.
    Was stunned when I saw it at that price.
    As a matter of interest, did you use fatcheese.ie?

Excellent, glad the thread was useful to people.
    Was stunned when I saw it at that price.

Same with me, annoying as I had to spend 30 seconds picking my jaw up off the floor. I can't wait to put my order in for one now ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Binder

Keep an eye on the bargain alert sticky in this section

This BA was posted about a week ago there

Binder wrote: »
    Keep an eye on the bargain alert sticky in this section

This BA was posted about a week ago there

Didn't spot that sticky, at least some good came out of posting it in a new thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I might be a bit dense..but would this be a better card than a Sapphire HD6850 1GB :confused:

I've a voucher for peats so pricewise the HD6850 would work out about the same for me as this

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

It would be a slightly more powerful card, but its about ~30W more power hungry under load.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/295?vs=291

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Wouldn't the HD6850 claim a slight upper hand in DX11 and during tessellation due to its optimisations?

Solitaire wrote: »
    Wouldn't the HD6850 claim a slight upper hand in DX11 and during tessellation due to its optimisations?

yep, although
    The difference isn't all that much

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cinnamono

Question here, is that Zen thing mandatory on Pixmania? I can't get rid of it when I got to order. I don't want to pay an extra €40 on my order for it!

cinnamono wrote: »
    Question here, is that Zen thing mandatory on Pixmania? I can't get rid of it when I got to order. I don't want to pay an extra €40 on my order for it!

Nope not mandatory, under each item there is small text - a gray colour, "find out more" "remove"

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cinnamono

Nope not mandatory, under each item there is small text - a gray colour, "find out more" "remove"

Aha, missed that. Cheeky sods. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

oh i remember that little bastard

look at the zen charge - in very small writing there is a link to 'delete' it

kill it.. kill it with fire

I just received my 5850 and I'm very happy so far. :)

Windows Experience Index is up to 7.5 and it runs a lot cooler than my
    4850 on idle, about 42 degrees. Nice and quiet too.

I'll be trying a few games later on tonight. Thanks to the OP.

Mines sitting on my desk right now..dunno if I'll stick it in my current rig in case the PSU keels over, it might have to wait for an upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Floodric

Bought mine on wednesday, payed the extra euro for the express shipping, but its still in the preperation stage, yet to be shipped. Anyone else have this issue?

• Advertisement

Floodric wrote: »
    Bought mine on wednesday, payed the extra euro for the express shipping, but its still in the preperation stage, yet to be shipped. Anyone else have this issue?

If you ordered it after 12 noon, then I would have expected it delivered today.
    Send an email to customer_careIEUK@pixmania.com & explain the situation & ask them when the order will be dispatched. I had a problem the other day with them, I ordered an ssd which was in stock, once ordered it suddenly became unavailable in my order info, sent them an email & the next day it was delivered.

Just be prepared for automated like responses :rolleyes:

It was after noon, but it should still be on its way if not deliverd already. Sent an email there, fingers crosses there won't be any problems. Thanks

And just like you said I got an automated response saying they'll get back to me within 48 working day hours, so it'll be tuesday probably. Hopefully it'll have arrived by then.

I emailed them this morning about another order & within an hour I got a response, so keep an eye on your emails!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

How loud is this card under load?

shuyin1 wrote: »
    How loud is this card under load?

I'm using default settings in CCC, auto fan only, and I can't hear the fan at all.
    My load temp after a bit of gaming was 57 degrees which is nice.
    Idle temp is about 42 degrees for me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭hamhamwich

Hey guys.

I'm thinking about buying the HD 5850 but my power supply is only 400W. Do ye think it could work with this supply?

If not could anyone please recommend a power supply that I would work for this card? Something cheap. :p

Thanks.

box says 500w minimum and 600w for crossfire

hamhamwich wrote: »
    Hey guys.

I'm thinking about buying the HD 5850 but my power supply is only 400W. Do ye think it could work with this supply?

If not could anyone please recommend a power supply that I would work for this card? Something cheap. :p

Thanks.

Provided your other components aren't too OTT (I ran my rig with 4890 off a HX450 to give you an idea) , and your 400W is a decent PSU, then you could get away with it. If it doesn't, then a Corsair CX430 or the Super Flower 450W are ideal choices for a 5850 equipped rig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭hamhamwich

Deano12345 wrote: »
    Provided your other components aren't too OTT (I ran my rig with 4890 off a HX450 to give you an idea) , and your 400W is a decent PSU, then you could get away with it. If it doesn't, then a Corsair CX430 or the Super Flower 450W are ideal choices for a 5850 equipped rig

Ok thanks.

I might try my 400W PS but I really don't think it will work.

I if not I might go for this Super Flower 550W since its only €4 more expensive than the 450W.

Does anyone know how much P&P is from that hardwareversand site? I cant seem to find it in English.

Advertisement