Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Old_-_School

How's Netflix for new releases?
    For some reason the "browse selection" feature in their website doesn't work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

How's Netflix for new releases?
    For some reason the "browse selection" feature in their website doesn't work for me.

For 6.99 a month, amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I would love to see two things introduced to their site

1) Watch later function where you can queue programmes that you would want to watch a later time

2) A not interested button that while browsing the selection if you see programmes you have no interest in you can click it and they wont show up on your account any longer

Also as this just started to watch BattleStar Galatica I dont see the big deal with it s far and have watched the 1st 7 eps

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

campo wrote: »
    I would love to see two things introduced to their site

1) Watch later function where you can queue programmes that you would want to watch a later time

2) A not interested button that while browsing the selection if you see programmes you have no interest in you can click it and they wont show up on your account any longer

Also as this just started to watch BattleStar Galatica I dont see the big deal with it s far and have watched the 1st 7 eps

Depends what your into, but for me its a very smart allegory for the US wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and their so called "war on terror", with great story lines and twists, its up with Sopranos, West Wing and The Wire as the best tv series of the last 15 years or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Depends what your into, but for me its a very smart allegory for the US wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and their so called "war on terror", with great story lines and twists, its up with Sopranos, West Wing and The Wire as the best tv series of the last 15 years or so.

I love sci-fi stuff but this does not grab me but will stick with it and see
    also have you noticed how the poster for the series looks like the last supper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishash

The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret - Missed this first time when it was on Channel 4. I thought it was a brill comedy and I am pleased to hear it is coming back for a third series....maybe.

On US netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

The Colony.

A reality tv show... no wait keep reading! Its basically 6 people brought together to try an survive 10 weeks after an apocalyptic catastrophe.

There is about 2 mile square of LA cordoned off for this "social experiment". They enter after being deprived of food, water and sleep for 30 hours and have to walk 8 miles into the zone where they can scavenge food and find shelter. There are outsiders, attackers and other elements to feck up whatever they put together. Each ep lasts about a week and its quite compelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

saw the colony when it originally aired, well worth watching. First season ,the group of people are all smart enough to deal with the problems.Season 2 is really funny though, cause they throw a bunch of lazy idiots into the mix and disaster ensues.
    Would highly recommend it. Similar to it is the alaska project(think have wrong name).A bunch of fairly useless, normal people resort to eating rats and freezing cause they're incapable of rationing food or using basic hunting/fishing techniques.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Coal is a good 10 part documentary about coal miners in west virginia.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

campo wrote: »
    I love sci-fi stuff but this does not grab me but will stick with it and see
    also have you noticed how the poster for the series looks like the last supper.

there's a reason, dont ruin it for yourself though, just watch it, its a fantastic series. the end of season 2/beginning of season 3 is spectacularly good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭itchy elbows

rgiller wrote: »
    The Princess Bride: great comedy fantasy adventure film from the late 80s. I'm sure most of you have seen it but, if you've missed out, it's up there on Irish NF

You killed my farther, now prepare to die. Great film haven't seen it.in about 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

You killed my farther, now prepare to die. Great film haven't seen it.in about 10 years.

My name is Inigo Montoya, you ruined my quote, prepare to die!!!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 10,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Separate threads for film & TV

You keep quoting that line. I do not think it went how you think it went :P

(But yes, fantastic film and one I'm quite happy to have in my "Watch it again" list on Netflix :))

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Sling Blade.

Don't know how I hadn't heard of this film but just watched it tonight and it's superb. Billy Bob is incredible in it. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭markc1184

krudler wrote: »
    the 2nd was around the time of the writers strike so its meh to crap, but stick with it, it gets better and better. I thought I was gonna hate Tim Riggins from the first few episodes but he's my favourite character in it now.

Agreed. Real loveable rogue type of character.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The Beaver has been added, didn't see it on there before today anyway. I think its a wee bit underrated, not a bad film at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Kamjana

I watched "Cocaine Cowboys" last night,thought it was very good.

And 9 songs isn't bad either ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭Justin10

Finished Friday Night Lights. Get past the 2nd season and its brilliant.
    If you dont like sports im sure anyone would still really enjoy it.
    But the game scenes are very well done.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sin Nombre:Thought this was brilliant. Follows the story of a family trying to sneak into the states from central america and also the story of a young gang member. Thats all I'll say about the story. Its beautifully shot and very well acted, definitely check it out.

Little Big Soldier: Jackie Chan plays a hapless soldier who more or less accidently captures the enemy general. A story of friendship and brother hood ensues. I thought this was pretty decent, its certainly the best film i've seen Jackie Chan in in a long time and its nice to see him returning to his homeland to make a movie. Really good performance from him too. There's not all that much wacky martial arts battles in it but there are a few. The only gripe I had with it was the slapstick comedy parts don't fit in with the more tonally serious parts all that well but having said that it's still well worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,341 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

The exposure Friday Nights Lights has got from the Netflix launch here is great.

Maybe the potential movie could actually be a bit of a success on this side of the Atlantic.

• Advertisement

S.M.B. wrote: »
    The exposure Friday Nights Lights has got from the Netflix launch here is great.

Maybe the potential movie could actually be a bit of a success on this side of the Atlantic.

The movie already came out well before the series and it was great. Or are they planning another one?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The movie already came out well before the series and it was great. Or are they planning another one?

Berg is talking of doing another film but I wouldn't hold my breath. We heard the same talk after Deadwood and Rome finished and the plans for a film quickly fizzled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,341 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Well Berg says the script is done and dusted. The next challenge is scheduling.

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

Its always Sunny in Philadelphia...

Big UPS to this show, wel worth a watch...

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Well Berg says the script is done and dusted. The next challenge is scheduling.

Link

I still wouldn't get too excited, plenty of finished shows have scripts for the proposed film but nothing ever comes of it.

• Saved by the bell added to the US store :D

Loved that show when I was younger.

Saved by the bell added to the US store :D

no.
    fcuking.
    way.

• krudler wrote: »
    no.
    fcuking.
    way.

Sarcasm? :pac:

Sarcasm? :pac:

hell no, can see if Kelly is still a smokin hottie, and watch the greatest tv fight ever, AC Slater vs Zack Morris :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Spike Lee's 25th Hour. Hadn't heard of it before and was pleasantly blown away. Barry Pepper and Ed Norton, among others, are great in this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement