Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

This is it!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Methven

Very tired this morning - couldn't do workout early. Time of the month and felt icky all day. Much better this evening though and did Turbo Fire - Fire 45EZ. The battery on my HRM went today so have had to guess at calories. Around 320 I think. Must replace it soon - I hate guessing!!

Friday 10 February - Rest day.

Sat 11 February: Turbo Fire - Fire 60 - 420 calories. Got a stich in my side half way so found it tough going but finished it thankfully!

Bought my first pair of skinny jeans yesterday - happy days :-)

Turbo Fire - Fire 60 done. 420 calories.

Turbo Fire - Fire 45EZ done tonight. Tried to get up early but alarm was switched off (wonder who did that?......) - I am soooooo not a morning person! Should have done Lower 20 as well but didn't have time. Will 'try' and get up tomorrow at 5.30 (yuck yuck yuck!) and do it and a HIIT workout. My HRM still on the blink (only got new battery for sensor part as I thought that was the problem - nope! Must get one now for the watch part. Feel lost without it :-( ). Anyway from previous workouts I estimate 320 calories for tonight although I worked reeeeeally hard! :-) so it might be more.......

Hmmmmm..... well the early start didn't happen. Up lots of times during the night with my little one so absoultely wrecked this morning. Oh well I'll do it tonight instead.

• Advertisement

Hubbie late at work tonight - on Valentines :-( so did an hour long Turbo Fire - Fire 60 - 420 calories. Still an estimate as haven't had a chance to get a battery for the watch part of my HRM.

Oooh so tired tonight - managed to do my workout though. So tempted not to do it but I did :-). Fire 45 - 395 calories. Hadn't done that one for a while and forgot about the sumo burpees - they definitely woke me up. Big lunch out tomorrow from work with drinks etc so will HAVE TO GET UP EARLY and do my workout!

Turbo Fire - Fire 55EZ done. 410 calories :-) Can enjoy my lunch out now!

Rest day today thankfully as I'm a bit hungover. Have become a complete light weight when it comes to alcohol. I know I'm getting older but think the weight loss is a factor too - that happen to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

Methven wrote: »
    Rest day today thankfully as I'm a bit hungover. Have become a complete light weight when it comes to alcohol. I know I'm getting older but think the weight loss is a factor too - that happen to anyone else?

It depends if you have been only loosing fat and not putting on muscle, if you have, then you might well feel the effect of the drink more. (As you are reducing your over all mass)
    Surprisingly if a lean muscular person drinks they will be less effected by the drink that a un-muscular of the same weight as muscle absorbs alcohol quite effectively and fat doesn't, leaving less in the blood stream and less alcohol to effect the brain.
    It's why alcohol usually effects women more than men because they have less muscle mass.
    I'm not saying that's always the case as some women might well have more muscle mass then a man, but I'm just stating in general.

Have a read through this if you want to know more!
    http://science.howstuffworks.com/alcohol3.htm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

If I go to the gym and drink int he two or three hours afterwards it goes right to my head. I had one beer last night and just went home to bed, I was feeling the effects :P I'd also had two chicken fillets and a protein shake and a post workout shake so it wasn't an empty stomach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

I was just posting the same thing on one of my other threads! The healthier & fitter I become the less I can tolerate alcohol - so sick the next day - it's really annoying me! I don't want to give up drinking but it's getting to be that it's not worth it :rolleyes: I seem to be worse when it's a meal out & a slightly later than usual night. For example I went out for dinner on Weds, 3 of us shared 2 bottles of wine (matched with equal amounts of water) Home in bed at 11.30. Awake tossing & turning at 5am and DYING the next day.

I was just posting the same thing on one of my other threads! The healthier & fitter I become the less I can tolerate alcohol - so sick the next day - it's really annoying me! I don't want to give up drinking but it's getting to be that it's not worth it :rolleyes: I seem to be worse when it's a meal out & a slightly later than usual night. For example I went out for dinner on Weds, 3 of us shared 2 bottles of wine (matched with equal amounts of water) Home in bed at 11.30. Awake tossing & turning at 5am and DYING the next day.
    Well I can beat you! Home in bed at 8pm on Thurs night after my long lunch out! Slept til 6am and still felt bad yesterday. Not even sure I'm 100% today. Oh dear! My normal drinking is to share a bottle of wine on Friday night and another on Sat night with my hubby. I honestly think that is my limit now :-(. Oh well I suppose its better to be a healthy and (nearly) thin 42 yr old who can't handle her drink than a fat unhealthy old one who can party all night! Will miss my mad girls nights out though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

My normal drinking is to share a bottle of wine on Friday night and another on Sat night with my hubby. I honestly think that is my limit now :-(. Oh well I suppose its better to be a healthy and (nearly) thin 42 yr old who can't handle her drink than a fat unhealthy old one who can party all night! Will miss my mad girls nights out though.....

Exact same, jaysis. We'll be smoking hot milfs & sitting on our sofas with our husbands, what a waste! :D

My normal drinking is to share a bottle of wine on Friday night and another on Sat night with my hubby. I honestly think that is my limit now :-(. Oh well I suppose its better to be a healthy and (nearly) thin 42 yr old who can't handle her drink than a fat unhealthy old one who can party all night! Will miss my mad girls nights out though.....

Exact same, jaysis. We'll be smoking hot milfs & sitting on our sofas with our husbands, what a waste! :D
    LOL - I hope they realise how lucky they are :-)

Well visitors all weekend so couldn't do a workout on Saturday or Sunday - grrrrrr! Anyway back at it today and did Turbo Fire - Fire 60 - 420 calories. My HRM is still on the blink - double grrrrrr! despite changing batteries on both sensor and watch, washing and soaking the strap numerous times and having it so tight I can hardly breathe! Really peed off as I only have it 10 months and it is a good one (Polar FT7). Think I read somwehere that sometimes you have to get a new strap so must look into that. Any other advice welcome (the heart rate reads as 00).

Turbo Fire - Fire 45 & core 20 done - 437 calories.

Bad week for exercise. Missed last 2 days due to travel with work. Lots of eating out etc. Tried hard to make the right food choices and skipped deserts, starters, bread etc but still up a pound this week :-( Oh well onwards and downwards. At home today with sick daughter so will get in a long workout and I'll get around to ordering a new chest strap for my Hrm. Report back later.

Back again. Fire 45 and Core 20 done - 465 calories. Another long workout planned tomorrow plus swimming in the morning.

Fire 60 done - dripping after it and my face could light up the whole of North Co Dublin :-) Anyway estimate 420 calories.

• Advertisement

Fire 55EZ and Abs 10 done - 435 calories. Jeeezzzzz - the abs are shaking after the latter!

Turbo Fire - Fire 45EZ & Abs 10 - 455 calories.

Tues 28 Feb - Fire 55EZ / Abs 10 - 470 calories. Rest day today.

Thursday 01/03/12 - Upper 20 / Lower 20 / Core 20 done - 295 calories.
    Will report back later on today's workout.

Fri 2 March - Fire 30 / Lower 20 - 305 calories. Sat 3 March - what a mad buzy day! Anyway managed to get in my workout - Fire 60 and the dreaded Abs 10. How can only 10 mins feel soooo tough?!! Oh well as Jillian Michaels says "you don't get these Abs for free people!" :-) Calories burned - 475.

Sun 4 March - Turbo Fire 60 done - 420 calories. Plus 2 hours of clothes shopping lifting lots of bags :-)
    Mon 5 March - Turbo Fire 45 - 380 calories.

45 tough minutes........ HIIT 15, Upper 20 and Abs 10 - 368 calories. Arms shaking after all the pushups.

Rest day yesterday. Will report back later on today's workout.

Thursday 8 March: Turbo Fire - Fire 55EZ. Only did half as I was as weak as a kitten - couldn't jump/kick. Time of the moment completely drains me :(:(:(

Out tonight for a big work do so won't get a chance to workout :mad::mad::mad:. Oh well life interrupts sometimes. Will make up for it tomorrow and Sunday.

• Advertisement

Time of the moment completely drains me :(:(:( QUOTE]

Obviously meant time of the month! It affects my spelling too :D:D

Advertisement