Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini vs iPhone 4

• 16-05-2013 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

Has anybody owned and used both?

I've had an iPhone 4 for 18 months, like it, happy with it. But just got an S3 Mini on upgrade.

So wondering which is deemed better.

Fwiw both are 8gb.

(Its not a matter of just swapping over SIM cards to try it for a day, as iPhone takes a micro sim, so I'd have to swap over to a new sim, contacts etc)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Mrs. Clareman used a iphone 4 for a couple of years, I got a S3 recently and she loved it so I got her a S3 mini (I know, she's lucky to have me :)), she can't believe how easy it is to use, how much better the battery life is and most of all, she loves the notifications.

To get her contacts I just set her iPhone to back to her google account, then when I setup her S3 logged in what that and all the contacts came straight down.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

s3 mini isn't really an s3 more of a midway station between the 2 and the 3, personally i''d go with the S3 then the S2 and then the mini

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Thanks Clareman, sounds good. I just wanted a backup to the iPhone 4, but since then it seems it may be as good if not better.

Also I was told I'd need a new SIM card due to it being a micro sim, but turns out I can just use a SIM card adaptor so won't lose my contacts etc.

Now at least I can pick and choose between them and not have to get a new SIM card each time.
    danniemcq wrote: »
    s3 mini isn't really an s3 more of a midway station between the 2 and the 3, personally i''d go with the S3 then the S2 and then the mini

Thanks, but the phone was already bought so sticking with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Col200sx wrote: »
    Thanks Clareman, sounds good. I just wanted a backup to the iPhone 4, but since then it seems it may be as good if not better.

Also I was told I'd need a new SIM card due to it being a micro sim, but turns out I can just use a SIM card adaptor so won't lose my contacts etc.

Now at least I can pick and choose between them and not have to get a new SIM card each time.

Thanks, but the phone was already bought so sticking with it.

sorry was at work and misread your original post!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

danniemcq wrote: »
    sorry was at work and misread your original post!

No bother : )

One issue, I've used the SIM card adapter, stuck it in the Samsung, and all my contacts are gone?????

But putting it back in the iPhone and they're all there?????

How do I get my contacts onto my SIM card does anybody know?

• Advertisement
Advertisement