Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommended Movies on TV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Godfather II on RTE2 @ 9pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Early warning for Shogun Assassin on Film 4 next Friday night at abut 11 pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

^^

Interesting.

I've never seen Shogun Assassin.

I bought the Lone Wolf & Cub / Baby cart 6 movie boxset a number of years ago so never felt the need.

Must have a look.

Camp 80s classic Flash Gordon is on Film4 at 18:45 this evening and 19:45 on Film4+1

If you havnt seen it I cannot recommend it highly enough. It perfectly transfers the comic book to the big screen, Max von Sydow plays a wonderful Ming the Merciless, Brian Blessed is a flying bird man and a brilliant soundtrack by Queen.

Perfect way to kick off the weekend!

If that film had been released in 2000 rather than 1980 it would have been a hit globally rather than just in the UK market (number 3 film for the year).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

If that film had been released in 2000 rather than 1980 it would have been a hit globally rather than just in the UK market (number 3 film for the year).

Back in 1980 I think films reels travelled around countries, Flash Gordon may have played in the midlands of England in 1983.

In saying that it is a truely dreadful film IMO.

I though they are making Defenders of the Earth

Well we'll have to agree to disagree.

Tomorrow BBC TWO - 1.35 PM A rare screening of John Milius historical yarn The Wind and the Lion which stars Sean Connery and Candice Bergen. Based on a real event in 1904 its very much a greatest hits of classic adventure film-making styles and tropes.

Well we'll have to agree to disagree.

No I demand that you give a reason as to why Flash Gordon is one of the better Super Hero movies! Though I'd rate it above many myself thus my arguement not to agree to disagree would be soon moot.

Elmo wrote: »
    No I demand that you give a reason as to why Flash Gordon is one of the better Super Hero movies! Though I'd rate it above many myself thus my arguement not to agree to disagree would be soon moot.

Brian%20Blessed.jpg

Thats why.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

Yojimbo @ 12:55 on Film 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Monsters vs Aliens: RTE1, 18:35 Sat. Lots of wacky aliens for the kids, lots of in-jokes for the adults.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

The Adventures of Baron Munchausen starting on RTE on ten minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

FunLover18 wrote:
    The Adventures of Baron Munchausen starting on RTE on ten minutes

Correction, it's starting now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Superman III just starting on 5 USA +1.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,833 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The General's Daughter is on TV3 at 9pm

Roman Polanski's Carnage is on TG4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭brian_t

Headhunters is on BBC 4 at 9:00pm tomorrow Thursday 22nd Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,949 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hot Fuzz is on ITV2 tonight @9pm. Very funny movie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

RoboCop marathon on MGM at 22:30 ending at 04:00

1 2 and 3

The movie event of 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

The Hurricane rte 2 9pm. Brilliant film

• Advertisement

I Went Down Starting in 10 mins on TV3

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

The Perks of Being a Wallflower is on Film 4 tonight at 9.

So much better than you might be lead to believe from the trailer and press that it had when released.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

The Road on BBC 2 ni tonight starring Vigo mortensen. One to cheer ya up if ya had a bad day;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

squadro wrote: »
    The Road on BBC 2 ni tonight starring Vigo mortensen. One to cheer ya up if ya had a bad day;)

Tough watching, but well worth it. The book which it is based on is also excellent. McCarthy's prose is very deliberate in the book and is reflected in the book, particularly in the relationship between the "boy" and father.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭onform

E.T. on itv2 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Coen Brothers version of True Grit is on BBC 2 tonight at 10.00pm.

Very good, but think I prefer the lumbering John Wayne and his version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

The Wayne is a classic. The new one though while slower paced is very, very good. BBC so HD and no ads!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Chicken Run is on right now on TV3.

Dodgeball is on RTE 2 now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

Hal Ashby's excellent 70s drama The Last Detail is on tonight on Film 4 at 1:15

Advertisement