Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22yo man on disability benefit charged with Phoenix Park gig assault

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

godeas16 wrote: »
    So everyone on disability should be hidden away in a dark room in their house.

Doesn't excuse what he did

It definitely doesn't excuse what he did.
    I just wonder why that is the focus of the OP's post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭petersburg2002

1ZRed wrote: »
    Alright stop. You don't know what is medically wrong with him so you shouldn't be making any such hints that he wasn't entitled to his disability benefit. We don't know whether he was or wasn't.

That's not relevant. What's relevant is what he did and getting the appropriate punishment for it.

Sorry, are you a Boards Moderator now? People who go around assaulting others shouldnt get State benefits, plain and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,017 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Junkies get the disablity or illness benefit instead of dole i think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Another fine man flying the flag for Clondalkin!

ElleEm wrote: »

And do you seriously think people with disabilities don't go to gigs? Seriously?!

To stab and beat the **** out of the vulnerable & drunk....seriously?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

godeas16 wrote: »
    So everyone on disability should be hidden away in a dark room in their house.

Doesn't excuse what he did.

Did I say that? no, I couldnt give a fuck what anybody on disability does, they can go sky diving for all I care, its the fact that this retard went and caused physical harm to someone who went to a gig to enjoy it, and has the cheek to be photographed smiling about it, the little shit should actually be hidden in a dark room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Sorry, are you a Boards Moderator now? People who go around assaulting others shouldnt get State benefits, plain and simple.

the point is the guy could have the mental capacity of a 2 year old, the article says nothing about why he is legitimately claiming disability

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Sorry, are you a Boards Moderator now? People who go around assualting people shouldnt get State benefits, plain and simple.
    No I'm someone who is sick of hearing about people bitch and whine about benefits and the heavy emphasis that most who are on them are scum.

I don't care whether or not he was getting any sort of benefit. I'd be more interested that he gets dealt with for what he did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

It definitely doesn't excuse what he did.
    I just wonder why that is the focus of the OP's post!

I agree the fact he is on disability bears no relation to the fact he committed a crime.

davet82 wrote: »
    the point is the guy could have the mental capacity of a 2 year old, the article says nothing about why he is legitimately claiming disability

The fact that they mentioned he is on disability goes to show they feel it's worth letting the public know about it.

• Advertisement

To stab and beat the **** out of the vulnerable & drunk....seriously?:pac:

I have a disability, to look at me you wouldn't know!
    If I was that way inclined I could beat and stab someone.... doesn't stop me from having a disability though!!!

I have a disability, to look at me you wouldn't know!
    If I was that way inclined I could beat and stab someone.... doesn't stop me from having a disability though!!!

If you were to do it, it SHOULD, that's the whole point.
    Bleedin liberals!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Slurryface

Ever hear of Innocent until proven guilty? or due process?

No I'm someone who is sick of hearing about people bitch and whine about benefits and the heavy emphasis that most who are on them are scum.

I don't care whether or not he was getting any sort of benefit. I'd be more interested that he gets dealt with for what he did.

Well a good start would be to dock his benefits for a period. Perhaps it would teach him that his actions have consequences, whether he has a disability or not. Our laws apply to all citizens, not just the able bodied!

Slurryface wrote: »
    Ever hear of Innocent until proven guilty? or due process?

You defend scumbags, but slag off hardworking polishmen who die in tragic circumstances in Ireland?
    Good one.

The fact that they mentioned he is on disability goes to show they feel it's worth letting the public know about it.

they feel its more of a sensationlist headline, i reckon its a genuine disability or it would have mentioned it in the article, i could be wrong mind you though!

Fancy him do ya? :D
    Yeah of course. That's why I give 3 fucks about any sort benefit be was on.

He committed a crime, why are you more obsessed with what kind of aid he was getting? Plenty of other people that get benefits don't commit crimes and plenty of people who aren't on benefits commit crimes.

Mad for stereotypes you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

It always boggles the mind that these people actually exist and they're not just a punchline. Playing up to the stereotype of been an absolute scumbag of the highest order, not having an iota of independent thought whatsoever. a quick google brings up his 'other half's' bebo page (so I'm going to assume he is of the same calibre of Sean Hulgrain). Check out his whiteboard!!!

http://file048.bebo.com/16/drawinglarge/2009/04/06/20/8489529589a8996974939b424322063l.gif

To draw something like that without a shred of irony really makes me dumbstruck of the reality of the fact that these people exist. If these people were portayed as a character on a show, it would be deemed too unbelievable. Ask them anything and they'd have a typical answer, ask them to elaborate and they'd be stumped

Why do you hate the gardai

CAUSE THEY'RE BLEEDING SCUM

Why is that exactly?

CAUSE THEY...TH...emmm...SCUM!!!

He committed a crime, why are you more obsessed with what kind of aid he was getting? Plenty of other people that get benefits don't commit crimes and plenty of people who aren't on benefits commit crimes.

Mad for the mickey you are.:pac:
    The only thing i care about in relation to his aid, is it being stopped.
    Fair play for standing up for criminal disability scumbags though.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

in fairness I think people are vexed because there are plenty of people with disabilities that find it hard to get any benefits, or carers too, when this little genius is out assaulting people and having the time of his life at a swedish house mafia gig, noone would bat an eyelid about his disability if he went and behaved, but the fact that he felt the need to assault someone would anger those that have relatives still waiting on any kind of disability benefit etc.

• Advertisement

Do they stop Jobseekers when people commit crimes? Do you campaign for that to happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

At least with whatever disability he has he certainly looks like a happy go lucky chap with a whopping smile- fair play!

Do they stop Jobseekers when people commit crimes? Do you campaign for that to happen?

lulz, they should.
    Do i campaign? lol
    Give us a little dance there ellen.

And that's supposed to offend me? I make a damn good point of being clear I couldn't give a shit whether I fuck girls or guys.
    Nice of you to keep that bit about me in mind though. Apt username in all.

I'm not defending him for a second! A dumbass would. I just don't get the massive emphasis on his welfare. He stabbed somebody. That should be most important and then to tackle his benefits swiftly afterwards.

And that's supposed to offend me? I make a damn good point of being clear I couldn't give a fuck whether I **** girls or guys.
    Nice of you to keep that bit about me in mind though. Apt username in all.
    Why? do you want it to offend you?
    It was actually in reference to my username but sure whatever you say.
    I'm not defending him for a second. A dumbass would. I just don't get the massive emphasis on his welfare. He stabbed somebody. That should be most important and then to tackle his benefits swiftly afterwards.
    Glad to hear it, i still think there are far better candidates out there for your defence of their rights.

has anyone read the article? he didnt stab anyone, he assaulted an off duty guard.

'man attacks off duty guard' would have been a better headline than 'man on disability charged at shm gig with assault'

the disability benefit shouldn't be the main focus of the story is the point that is trying to be made if i'm not mistaken?

davet82 wrote: »
    has anyone read the article? he didnt stab anyone, he assaulted an off duty guard.

'man attacks off duty guard' would have been a better headline than 'man on disability charged at shm gig with assault'

the disability benefit shouldn't be the main focus of the story is the point that is trying to be made if i'm not mistaken?

Gold star for you!!!! It seems the point is being missed.

Glad to hear it, i still think there are far better candidates out there for your defence of their rights.
    Again, I'm not defending him. It was kind of made out that if he was able to go assaulting somebody he was well enough not to be entitled to disability. That was the only thing I got from the some vibes here. That's the only thing I wasn't agreeing with, the rest I fully get.

Obviously I don't agree with him getting his full benefits for what he's done of course, but put that in the title and it's just an excuse to go talking shite about welfare/benefits again and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Junkies get the disablity or illness benefit instead of dole i think

Don't think he's a junkie. Grand set of nashers on him.

• Advertisement

in fairness I think people are vexed because there are plenty of people with disabilities that find it hard to get any benefits, or carers too, when this little genius is out assaulting people and having the time of his life at a swedish house mafia gig, noone would bat an eyelid about his disability if he went and behaved, but the fact that he felt the need to assault someone would anger those that have relatives still waiting on any kind of disability benefit etc.

Mickeys aside, I think this sums up what a lot of us are thinking. And I think anyone who commits a crime where other people are assaulted should have their benefits (be it jobseekers, disability or whatever) either reduced or docked for a prolonged period.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement