Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Ghostleader

dnme wrote: »
    I have managed to install CCcam 2.2.1. But I have no cccam.cfg file. I cannot figure out the settings to use. Can anyone pm or share their cfg file. You can blank out your box id, its just the file I need. Many thanks

Im running 2.3 mate, does the job, if you have premium channels like movies, HD etc you will need your $ky boxes serial hex, you got that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭dnme

Im running 2.3 mate, does the job, if you have premium channels like movies, HD etc you will need your $ky boxes serial hex, you got that?

Yea I can get it from my sky box afaik. I just need a cccam.cfg file

Yea I can get it from my sky box afaik. I just need a cccam.cfg file

Two minutes mate.

BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 1e 8f 3d 7c
    SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/sci0 3570000

BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 1e 8f 3d 7c
    SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/sci0 3570000

Just cut and paste that into notepad plus and put in your boxkey details instead of the example "1e 8f 3d 7c" with your boxes serial turned into hex, you know how to convert yeah?, then save the notepad file with the "save as" name of: CCam.cfg and ftp it across.

• Advertisement

Just cut and paste that into notepad plus and put in your boxkey details instead of the example "1e 8f 3d 7c" with your boxes serial turned into hex, you know how to convert yeah?, then save the notepad file with the "save as" name of: CCam.cfg and ftp it across.

Many thanks for your help

Are you sure I only need two lines?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,340 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Ghostleader, Hope thats not your actual boxkey?
    Wouldn't take S#Y too much to work out your card I.D if they come across those posts ;)
    Many thanks for your help

Are you sure I only need two lines?

To open your own card, ghostleader is spot on that's all you need.

banie01 wrote: »
    Wouldn't take S#Y too much to work out your card I.D if they come across those posts ;)

Thank you both. I'm reading my old sky box sn from
    Services - System Setup - System Details - Serial Number.

I am then putting this into an online decimal to hex converter. Will this do it or am I missing something?

Thank you both. I'm reading my old sky box sn from
    Services - System Setup - System Details - Serial Number.

I am then putting this into an online decimal to hex converter. Will this do it or am I missing something?

If you have a windows pc dont use the online convertor page, use the calculator in accessories by typing in your serial number and then just click the "hex " button, thats your boxkey right there mate.

banie01 wrote: »

Dont worry mate, its not just made it up for the example, rather than "xx xx xx xx". Lol

• Advertisement

I'll try that. Many thanks

I'll try that. Many thanks

No probs, give us a shout if you get stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

Assuming it's possible, what's the quickest/ easiest way to set up the BBC Olympics channels on the Duo? Should I do a complete retune?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Assuming it's possible, what's the quickest/ easiest way to set up the BBC Olympics channels on the Duo? Should I do a complete retune?

grab the latest bouquets from SgtFlipflop or Mr.Mister and use dreamboxedit to upload onto your Duo

Why dont you download the latest "Catseye" channel list mate? They are there.

OK, after spending the best part of an hour reading through guff I found a download link to what looks like the latest SgtFlipFlop Bouquet here. I got that and loaded it into DreamboxEdit, but since it overwrote my existing bouquet listing it's not really any good to me on an ongoing basis -especially since I'm using my DTT stick to view Irish channels, but also because I like my existing channel order/ structure.

Is there any way to quickly update the main services list [in DreambodEdit] to show the correct full set of channels, but leave the bouquet/ favourites section intact?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Is there any way to quickly update the main services list [in DreambodEdit] to show the correct full set of channels, but leave the bouquet/ favourites section intact?

yes, when you import the updated bouquet just uncheck all the bouquets and then choose the ones you want to import and click process

kingtiger wrote: »
    yes, when you import the updated bouquet just uncheck all the bouquets and then choose the ones you want to import and click process

Thanks.
    That didn't work (the DTT channels disappeared from my bouquet because they weren't available in the SgtFlipFlop selection, I guess). But while I was trying that I thought of something else...

I highlighted the full list in SgtFlipFlop in Dreamboxedit (CTRL-A), then opened my own list (from the Vu Duo), highlighted all those, then did a CTRL-V. :)

I had some problem a few weeks back whereby the epg wasn't updating. I kinda fiddled with various settings and eventually set it to download a new epg each night at 4AM.

The problem ever since is that I switch it off at night and in the morning it's on again. I know there's a "force reboot after download" type option somewhere. It seems I likely set that on, but I can't for the life of me now find where it is. Can anyone help please?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Righthammer

I had some problem a few weeks back whereby the epg wasn't updating. I kinda fiddled with various settings and eventually set it to download a new epg each night at 4AM.

The problem ever since is that I switch it off at night and in the morning it's on again. I know there's a "force reboot after download" type option somewhere. It seems I likely set that on, but I can't for the life of me now find where it is. Can anyone help please?

There is an option to put the duo into deep standby via a timer .Just set it for a time after your download is completed every night.Works for me ..:)

• Advertisement

Yeah that's an option alright I suppose and I might well do that now you mention it. But still, I'd rather know where the "don't reboot" setting is because it never used to do this before.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The reboot option is under the CrossEPG settings options, I've mine set to download and reboot every night as well, very handy I feel as it resets all the network settings and other stuff.

Clareman wrote: »
    The reboot option is under the CrossEPG settings options, I've mine set to download and reboot every night as well, very handy I feel as it resets all the network settings and other stuff.

I'm looking at crossepg/ configure setup now and theres no such option. Unless I'm blind and/or mad.

See
    IMG_20120817_215816.jpg

IMG_20120817_215900.jpg

IMG_20120817_220029.jpg

What am I missing!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭stesaurus

I'm looking at crossepg/ configure setup now and theres no such option. Unless I'm blind and/or mad.

See
    IMG_20120817_215816.jpg

IMG_20120817_215900.jpg

IMG_20120817_220029.jpg

What am I missing!?

Maybe have a look at crontab and see what's been setup to happen in there? Also maybe your box is just crashing. Try set the time for 1-2mins from now and see what happens, does it reboot or crash and reboot.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I just checked there and I've no option to reboot, sorry I lied :( I checked my QBox upstairs, I've it enabled on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

my box was crashing on epg download randomly, so sometimes i'd get up in the morning, and the clock would be stopped at 04:00, and I would have to do a hard reboot.

I have worked around the crashing issue by doing a reboot at 4, and epg download at 4:30, but this means that the box is still on(not crashed) when I get up.

ideally I would like if there was a 'reboot to standby' option. I have seen this somewhere, but can't remember where ( it could have been on a different box/firmware)

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭SalteeDog

If you are running VIX then under Menu: Setup -> VIX -> Power Manager there are options to allow you to setup reboot and standby times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xxyyxx

Which is the best version of VIX to use? Is the most latest version stable or would you recommend an earlier one? I think 2.4 is the most recent.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭SalteeDog

I'd recommend Vix 2.4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,340 ✭✭✭✭banie01

xxyyxx wrote: »
    Which is the best version of VIX to use? Is the most latest version stable or would you recommend an earlier one? I think 2.4 is the most recent.

I use 2.4 and its fairly intuitive and easy to use compared to some of the other images.
    If you are new to Enigma2 its probably the absolutely most user friendly Image out there.
    1 thing the VIX team are good for is stable release's their latest is 3.0 was released this weekend and I'm just in the process of flashing it myself.
    As usual in the big i.e 2->3 version number jumps its not recommended to restore backups.
    A full clean flash is required.
    SalteeDog wrote: »
    I'd recommend Vix 2.4.
    +1 and I'll be back shortly with an update on 3.0 ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement