Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Missed what happened tonight? Could anyone update me what happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

doovdela wrote: »
    Missed what happened tonight? Could anyone update me what happened?

Poppy and Jodie made up and Jodie set off to find Darren and get back with him.

Yousef continues to attempt to worm his way into Zainab's bed as he gets approval from his daughter(reluctantly).

Phil feels like there is somebody following him and is bemused by finding several random pictures placed at his home and in his work place.

And that's was basically it, don't think I missed out on anything important.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

EastEnders' fearsome returnee Derek Branning arrives back in Walford next week - and his domineering presence is immediately felt among his family and those who used to know him.

When Tanya's behaviour begins to spiral out of control next week, Max (Jake Wood) arrives back on Albert Square to find out what has gone wrong back at home. However, he doesn't return alone as he has older brother Derek in tow.

As Derek reacquaints himself with Max's family, it's clear that Tanya (Jo Joyner) isn't pleased to see him, while Rainie (Tanya Franks) also seems to be uncomfortable around him.

While Max takes some time to get to the bottom of the current chaos in the Branning clan, Derek heads out to meet Jack - but his plans change when he spots Pat Evans (Pam St Clement) on the Square.

Pat is visibly nervous to see Derek, who follows her into her house despite her making it clear that he's not welcome. Derek starts to bring up some of their past, but they're soon interrupted by Carol (Lindsey Coulson) - who is even less happy to see him and warns that he should stay out of her life.

After his frosty reception, whether Derek will be able to work his way back into the Branning fold remains to be seen.

The return of Max and Derek forms part of a special 'Branning Week' which launches on Monday and sees EastEnders air five nights in a row for one week only.

With Max back, it isn't long until the truth about Tanya's cancer is finally exposed to her loved ones - but the bombshells don't end there as she also reveals a secret that she has kept for many years.

Derek - now played by Jamie Foreman - previously appeared briefly on EastEnders in 1994 with Terence Beesley portraying the role.

When Foreman's casting was announced in August, executive producer Bryan Kirkwood said: "Loyal EastEnders viewers may know that the fearsome Derek Branning, eldest son of Jim, has been a shadowy presence looming over the rest of the family for years. So it's a real coup to sign Jamie Foreman to play the biggest, baddest Branning brother."

Meanwhile, an EastEnders insider commented: "Out of all the Brannings, Derek is the one that most people fear. Although he can be charming, he will be the one that can out-alpha almost any man in Albert Square - maybe even Phil. He is going to cause a lot of disruption to his family."

EastEnders' Branning Week begins on Monday 21 November at 8pm on BBC One.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    EastEnders' fearsome returnee Derek Branning arrives back in Walford next week - and his domineering presence is immediately felt among his family and those who used to know him.

When Tanya's behaviour begins to spiral out of control next week, Max (Jake Wood) arrives back on Albert Square to find out what has gone wrong back at home. However, he doesn't return alone as he has older brother Derek in tow.

As Derek reacquaints himself with Max's family, it's clear that Tanya (Jo Joyner) isn't pleased to see him, while Rainie (Tanya Franks) also seems to be uncomfortable around him.

While Max takes some time to get to the bottom of the current chaos in the Branning clan, Derek heads out to meet Jack - but his plans change when he spots Pat Evans (Pam St Clement) on the Square.

Pat is visibly nervous to see Derek, who follows her into her house despite her making it clear that he's not welcome. Derek starts to bring up some of their past, but they're soon interrupted by Carol (Lindsey Coulson) - who is even less happy to see him and warns that he should stay out of her life.

After his frosty reception, whether Derek will be able to work his way back into the Branning fold remains to be seen.

The return of Max and Derek forms part of a special 'Branning Week' which launches on Monday and sees EastEnders air five nights in a row for one week only.

With Max back, it isn't long until the truth about Tanya's cancer is finally exposed to her loved ones - but the bombshells don't end there as she also reveals a secret that she has kept for many years.

Derek - now played by Jamie Foreman - previously appeared briefly on EastEnders in 1994 with Terence Beesley portraying the role.

When Foreman's casting was announced in August, executive producer Bryan Kirkwood said: "Loyal EastEnders viewers may know that the fearsome Derek Branning, eldest son of Jim, has been a shadowy presence looming over the rest of the family for years. So it's a real coup to sign Jamie Foreman to play the biggest, baddest Branning brother."

Meanwhile, an EastEnders insider commented: "Out of all the Brannings, Derek is the one that most people fear. Although he can be charming, he will be the one that can out-alpha almost any man in Albert Square - maybe even Phil. He is going to cause a lot of disruption to his family."

EastEnders' Branning Week begins on Monday 21 November at 8pm on BBC One.

Bet one of Tanya and Max's kids is actually Dereks or something like that!

Misticles wrote: »

So Tanya would have been with three Branning brothers :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So Tanya would have been with three Branning brothers :eek:

keeping it in the family ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

keeping it in the family ;):p

Sure why not, they're all bound to have the same size appendage as they're related... right? thats how it works.... riiighht? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

At least it will make a change from the Masoods for a while! I feel as though they are living in my kitchen at this stage!

• Advertisement

Shazanne wrote: »
    At least it will make a change from the Masoods for a while! I feel as though they are living in my kitchen at this stage!

I wish they were living in mine - id be having baghis every night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Tindie

it's also on everyday next week!

Any one seen New Eastenders advert for Branning?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Shazanne wrote: »

I was thinking that last week there on over kill, since they have been introduced to the show there used in nearly every episode getting sick of seeing them now

Tindie wrote: »
    it's also on everyday next week!

Any one seen New Eastenders advert for Branning?

No enlighten us

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Misticles wrote: »
    Urgh, that would be sooo predictable; I hope not!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Did Kat have Botox??! She looks different...

Todays ep was really good, Pat and Janine scenes are always great to watch, i really liked the Tanya scene as-well they were funny as hell today!

I really liked her be- hide the bar, she should be there more often!

I want Max And Tanya to own the Queen Vic Next year, how great would be for The Branning to run the Queen Vic!

8/10 for today eps!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

sue z wrote: »

I was thinking that myself. She has no wrinkles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Her face was kinda puffy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

I was thinking that myself. She has no wrinkles
    Her face was kinda puffy

Maybe these episodes were taped after her real life wedding drama, she could just be exausted?? Not too sure though...does anyone know if she did go back to work after all that?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Can anyone enlighten me on what the above post refers to? Kats 'real life wedding drama'?. I havent read any gossip mags for ages so am way out of the loop!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

qwertytlk wrote: »
    Can anyone enlighten me on what the above post refers to? Kats 'real life wedding drama'?. I havent read any gossip mags for ages so am way out of the loop!
    she was meant to get married to some fella a lot older than her and something like a day before the wedding he drunkingly text a topless photo of her to his ex girlfriend and it was all over the media so she felt humiliated and dumped him. He was on the This Morning programme begging for her forgiveness but I don't know if she took him back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭starlit

At least kat owned up about her ons. She wouldn't want it on her conscience. alfie is so good to her.

I felt sorry for Alfie last night he really really loves Kat

I think the actress who plays Kat is starting to put on weight again since she joined back the show

I liked the Pat and Janine scenes

I'm quite sick of seeing them 2 and their marriage troubles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭optogirl

I wish they would decide what Kat & Alfie are - one minute they are cheeky chappies in love....oooh go on love, up for a larf innit, what can I get ya guvna? the next it's trauma all the way. Head melting.

Thought I would puke last night - in one scene we see Janine and top-shirt-button-moon kissing, followed swiftly by The incredible deflating tomato (Phil) and Scarecrow woman. Mank.

6o2y6o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

yeah i thought kats face looked weird and puffy the other night too.... i saw that interview with her real life fiance on this morning and i laughed my head off ....he was begging for her forgiveness? and phil and holly had to sit there with their fake serious faces....hope she didnt take him back....

i thought tanya drunk and being ott was pathetic....the people on EE cant do drunk properally, i have never once seen an convincing drunk on that show.

by the way, am new here, and dont like the way there are no sub-catagories everything is just thrown in together. can we not have different sections for different characters and main storylines? it looks like DS but its not? typical irish , we want to plagurise everything the UK has/does, except we do a crap version of it.....!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

But isn't D.S the same, with one forum for all soaps? And I don't think boards is trying to look like other forums in my opinion; besides, I like it just as it is! :o
    There's a forum for 'feedback' anyway I think if you are unhappy with anything here. :)

Anyway, back on topic, yeah, I don't get Kat and Alfie at times- they veer from almost 'Carry On' slapstick to tragedy and drama. Strange, but I suppose that's how they're meant to be- struggling with their problems but putting on a front for the punters in the bar!
    Optogirl, that picture of Shirley is before the botox, yeah? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement