Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Max Payne 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

MOH wrote: »
    No problem with classic Max style shootdodging, but more with Rockstar claiming it's their innovation

The animations do look fantastic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 th3 lunatik

shoud be more hype for this game ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

sheehy83 wrote: »
    The original Max Payne will be on PSN on 2nd of May. Free for richy rich PSN+ people or 10 euro for the rest of us mere mortals.

Nice, i'm definitely getting that. I gave my ps2 copy away years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I don't want to pay a tenner for it when it's already sitting on my shelf, stupid Sony! Max Payne 1 & 2 seriously need a HD collection.

Saw another preview recently about the multiplayer and really sounds class. Can't wait to give it a go. Anyone preorder this yet?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I preordered the CE back in January on play... but now I'm thinking of cancelling it and getting it from gamestop... I'm getting worried that play won't reduce the price... it's still listed as 134e and gamestop selling it for like 50 quid cheaper atm...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

I don't want to pay a tenner for it when it's already sitting on my shelf, stupid Sony! Max Payne 1 & 2 seriously need a HD collection.

Rockstar have a nasty habit of not releasing any of their old ps2 games in a hd collection.
    I suspect gta5 has something to do with that

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    it's still listed as 134e and gamestop selling it for like 50 quid cheaper atm...

I take it you mean for PC? thats a huge price difference.
    Rockstar have a nasty habit of not releasing any of their old ps2 games in a hd collection.
    I suspect gta5 has something to do with that

Ya true, i'd say they have enough on their plate at the moment.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I take it you mean for PC? thats a huge price difference.

No 360. Must have a look again tonight, but it appears as though it's 94e on gamestop and 134 on play for the same thing.

Think I'll change orders just to be safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Any trophies in the re-release of max payne 1? Really excited for this :D

No 360. Must have a look again tonight, but it appears as though it's 94e on gamestop and 134 on play for the same thing.

Ah I saw it's 74 quid for CE on PC, can't believe it's 20 quid cheaper than the console versions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Ah I saw it's 74 quid for CE on PC, can't believe it's 20 quid cheaper than the console versions.
    I've always found PC copies tend to always end up being around 20 cheaper. Felt awesome when I got Deus Ex for 27 on release. :D

Just preordered this off gamesnash, can't wait to lash into it! Hopefully MP turns out to be good, we could setup a Boards Gang in the new Gang feature :D

Just preordered this off gamesnash, can't wait to lash into it! Hopefully MP turns out to be good, we could setup a Boards Gang in the new Gang feature :D

Just cancelled my play.com preorder and went for it on Gamestop.ie just to be sure I got the right price for the CE. (plus play don't take laser so it helps keep funding on the O2 moneycard a bit longer :D)

A boards gang would be class! If only I had internet during the summer that was capable of connecting to XBL. :(

Really starting to get excited for it now. It should be waiting for me when I move back home after my exams so happy days!

ah sucks you won't have internet, the MP sounds really good with this and not just a gimmicky add on. I just hope it doesn't get boring. Uncharted 3 MP was class but got boring too quickly. Building up a gang and then being able to use that in GTA 5 should be really cool.

Sorry if these've been posted earlier:

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/4/30/2981770/true-to-its-roots-max-payne-3-is-at-its-heart-a-game-about-max

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/345795/previews/max-payne-3-hands-on-with-the-first-3-hours/

Two previews I just saw on the Twitters. Really building my hopes for this game now... Just hope R* don't ruin what I loved about MP2... Remedy have a knack of creating brilliant world's and great atmosphere...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

To say i have been dissapointed by classic PS2 titles making the jump to PS3 would be an understatement.

God of war,GTA and Metal Gear being the most notable. So when i heard Max was coming i was less than impressed. You see Max was the first game i bought on PS2.
    It blew me away!
    How badass was i in my three quarter length leather jacket, shotgun in hand blastin mofo's left and right.

A goddamn badass mofo is the answer.

A proper game made for adults.

In short the reason i have spent literaly thousands of euros on my hobby.

It all boils down to Max.

Max Payne and Mona Sax!

Please don't mess this up Rockstar.

Max Payne 3 DLC and Rockstar Pass announced today, what ye think?

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/32771/announcing-max-payne-3-multiplayer-downloadable-content-details.html
    The Rockstar Pass grants you access to all upcoming Max Payne 3 DLC and will be available for 2400 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE), or $29.99 (PlayStation Network and PC) – over a 35% discount compared to purchasing the content individually

actual_1335825326.jpg

Also, Part 1 of the Max Payne 3 comic "After the Fall" is out on Thursday for free.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/32691/max-payne-3-issue-1-after-the-fall-coming-this-thursday.html

actual_1335560600.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

More day-1 DLC shenanigans?
    MP3 is one of the few day-1 purchases for me that I can think of over the next few weeks.
    The Multiplayer looks alright, but isn't really what I'm after with this game. I'm more enthusiastic about the continuation of Max's story.

That said; Rockstar are usually relatively substantial with their DLC, are they not? (I may be mistaken, but "Lost and the Damned" and "The Ballad of Gay Tony" spring to mind...)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭ gizmo

The Pass will be available on launch but the first piece of content won't be released until June. :)

• Advertisement

Saw one comment under it saying "Plz Rockstar announce some Single Player DLC for PC!!!"

I worry about people sometimes....

Whats most worrying is that individually, all the dlc will cost about 50 dollars and since Sony uses the same currency converter that Play uses, that means it will be 50 euro just for dlc packs! The Hostage negotiation and New York minute co op packs sound the most promising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Just noticed that gamestop are currently selling it for 23 euro on pc alongside 2 euro delivery. :D The wait is a few days longer but i'm fairly busy with exams etc and would have gotten the pc edition anyway.
    http://www.gamestop.ie/PC/Games/6096/max-payne-3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

MP3 is one of the few day-1 purchases for me that I can think of over the next few weeks.
    The Multiplayer looks alright, but isn't really what I'm after with this game. I'm more enthusiastic about the continuation of Max's story.

That said; Rockstar are usually relatively substantial with their DLC, are they not? (I may be mistaken, but "Lost and the Damned" and "The Ballad of Gay Tony" spring to mind...)

Not this time, the dlc announced read more like a list of Modern Warfare DLC with no fewer than 7 confirmed so far.
    Summer 2012
    • Disorganized Crime Map Pack
    • Deathmatch Made In Heaven Mode Pack
    • Hostage Negotiation Map Pack
    • New York Minute Co-Op Pack

Fall 2012
    • Painful Memories Map Pack
    • Trickle Down Economics Map Pack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Rockstar always does good DLC, I'm not worried :D

R* do great co-op vs AI missions in online, Hope a couple come bundled with the game. They said they know they have to make qaulity dlc to keep a game going, especially a linear shooter where people might just trade it after finishing it. They had great support for RDR with multiplayer events.

I think the biggest thing that will affect online is auto aim. I really hope they do away with it altogether. It really cheapened gta 4 and RDR online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Right f ck it.

This is me officialy excited for this now.

Pre ordered:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I need to build a rig, i just cannot fathom playing this with a joypad. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Ordered PC version through gamestop for 25quid

This game sprung up out of nowhere for me

Massive fan of the previous titles but didnt know about a third haha

So 25 squid for a surpise is always nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

someone just mssaged me saying the PC version isnot out till June

Can someone please enlighten me to this blasphemy

Advertisement