Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Does anyone here know how to apply for ucd accommodation? Like I've looked at the website accommodation page and FAQ but it doesn't actually go about how you book. Like is there a telephone number or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭leavingcert.

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Does anyone here know how to apply for ucd accommodation? Like I've looked at the website accommodation page and FAQ but it doesn't actually go about how you book. Like is there a telephone number or something?

Bookings open 9th May for CAO students i believe :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Arghhh, I'd really like to get an A in geography but I'm so worried about the option section since its worth 80 marks. Every year they interchange between hot desert climate account and mid latitude depressions and the latter is due up this year, but if it doesnt come up... :S I cant do half the past questions coz my teacher mainly did obscure, never asked ones and cant help me with the ones they HAVE asked.

I'd like to learn the 5 geoecology essays that PF posted in that thread but I dont know if its too late :( My teacher would be able to mark them since he used to do that one but he'd kill me! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Arghhh, I'd really like to get an A in geography but I'm so worried about the option section since its worth 80 marks. Every year they interchange between hot desert climate account and mid latitude depressions and the latter is due up this year, but if it doesnt come up... :S I cant do half the past questions coz my teacher mainly did obscure, never asked ones and cant help me with the ones they HAVE asked.

I'd like to learn the 5 geoecology essays that PF posted in that thread but I dont know if its too late :( My teacher would be able to mark them since he used to do that one but he'd kill me! :rolleyes:

I learnt 4 in one day! Took a day off school a while back before the mocks, wrote out 4 geoecology essays and learnt them off! Took ages but if you really stick at it you'll get it done! I did in a library though because I'd imagine it'd be difficult to do that at home, but hey everyone's different :P

But beware.. geoecology is extremely boring.

Wesc. wrote: »
    I learnt 4 in one day! Took a day off school a while back before the mocks, wrote out 4 geoecology essays and learnt them off! Took ages but if you really stick at it you'll get it done! I did in a library though because I'd imagine it'd be difficult to do that at home, but hey everyone's different :P

But beware.. geoecology is extremely boring.
    I imagine I could do it too with the bank holiday coming up!
    I'd prefer boring to ridiculously hard :o We did the atmosphere-ocean environment and the chief examiner's reports always say how badly answered it is and how unattempted it is...and its no surprise because its ridiculously scientific :eek:

Soils 4 lyf! :P I kind of know the hot desert biome anyway, I have an A-O question about it done with the distribution and climate, so all I'd need is flowers/fauna :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Most of the teachers leave the geoecology option til near the end so it should be fine. My current teacher still hasn't gone over the option.
    There's only a few questions which can come up. If you're doing the human option the Sahel question links in with it.

Most of the teachers leave the geoecology option til near the end so it should be fine. My current teacher still hasn't gone over the option.
    There's only a few questions which can come up. If you're doing the human option the Sahel question links in with it.
    Yeah we only did ours back in February, pretty late like. I did the economic one, but sure I might not even do the geoecology if my teacher is really against it, cant hurt though imo. It might be marked harder than the others as my teacher said, but no sense doing an 'easy marked' option if you cant bloody write anything to get marks for :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

We did Geoecology before Christmas in 5th year! :pac:

We did Geoecology before Christmas in 5th year! :pac:

Oh my teachers seem to leave the option right til the end :S. My last teacher did give us sample answers but literally a few days before the mock of last year. This one is still yet to cover it and will probably just print out sample answers or make us copy it off the board something . He's still yet to finish human hes only done an answer on population density and a bit on The Sahel . I don't know if it's worth giving him answers to correct...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Oh my teachers seem to leave the option right til the end :S. My last teacher did give us sample answers but literally a few days before the mock of last year. This one is still yet to cover it and will probably just print out sample answers or make us copy it off the board something . He's still yet to finish human hes only done an answer on population density and a bit on The Sahel . I don't know if it's worth giving him answers to correct...
    Are ye only on Population Distribution/Density in Human Elective yet? That's the first chapter though :O

• Advertisement

Yeah we only did ours back in February, pretty late like. I did the economic one, but sure I might not even do the geoecology if my teacher is really against it, cant hurt though imo. It might be marked harder than the others as my teacher said, but no sense doing an 'easy marked' option if you cant bloody write anything to get marks for :rolleyes:

You could cover both so just incase you don't like the other topic you have the geoecology as a back up if you wanted to. I'm not sure how hard or how it's marked, I'll probably hand a few up to be corrected apart from the ones I'm learning from the Sue Honan book.

Are ye only on Population Distribution/Density in Human Elective yet? That's the first chapter though :O

I have it all covered from last year so it's not too bad for me I have it done . I'm just going over everything by myself. Anyone who hasn't done geography before will be well behind . And he's still not done the non-eu region for the regional section. The notes he gives are from the srp book I think I have those notes from it from the institute I only did that option the guy who wrote the book teachers there so I have answers for the rest of the course or know it from last year and can easily go over it. All I need is a map really for the settlement question as I've lost mine.

Bookings open 9th May for CAO students i believe :)

Yeah I read that, but I can't find on the website where it explains how you book your place :S

What kind of Seamus Heaney poetry questions could come up? I can only find about 2/3 questions on him in the exam papers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Ugh why is everyone on Draw Something so slowwww today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Namlub wrote: »
    Ugh why is everyone on Draw Something so slowwww today

I keep leaving most of mine for a week or two at a time, I'm surprised I still have so many games on it TBH. ^_^

Edit: Noooo I had a 42 game streak and the user just resigned. D: They were epic - guessed everything I drew even when the drawings were rubbish! ;_;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Oh, you're one of those :mad:

And my plan to study did not go well, absolutely dying this morning and usually I don't eveb get hangovers...

Oh, you're one of those :mad:

Yeah... :o Well at first I did all the drawings like two or three times a day. Now I just keep forgetting about them. :cool:

Togepi wrote: »
    Yeah... :o Well at first I did all the drawings like two or three times a day. Now I just keep forgetting about them. :cool:

I liked your potato. I thought it was a sponge at first! :P

Siobhnk wrote: »
    I liked your potato. I thought it was a sponge at first! :P

Lol I was wondering if you'd know what it was! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

What kind of Seamus Heaney poetry questions could come up? I can only find about 2/3 questions on him in the exam papers.

Personal response, drawing on personal experience, meshing of history and the personal. He's only been up once so they won't ask anything completely mad.
    I'd love it if Heaney came up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Study leave finally :D never been happier to hear the word study in a sentence :D

Chuchoter wrote: »
    Personal response, drawing on personal experience, meshing of history and the personal. He's only been up once so they won't ask anything completely mad.
    I'd love it if Heaney came up!

I can't think what to write for a personal response to his poems , although I couldn't find a question based on personal response though only a discussion question. I was looking at my poetry notes book they had a few questions on creativity and some other things i think.

Study leave finally :D never been happier to hear the word study in a sentence :D

Early enough to be out isn't it? I'm still in about 2/3 weeks but I won't be going in every day for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Chuchoter wrote: »

Early enough to be out isn't it? I'm still in about 2/3 weeks but I won't be going in every day for it.
    Study leave from work my part time job like :)

That makes more sense! :P

[I'm onto like 15 with someone who just writes out the word every time. Creative...

I've had a few of those. I actually got so sick of it I just kept writing 'draw something' above each of my drawings. :pac: One of them finally got the message. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kitty9

i'm goin to have a shower, should i shave or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭justBlake

Jus sayin' am new here so hello yee seem like goid craic lads umm i wanna do optometry in DIT or computer science in nuig

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

justBlake wrote: »
    Jus sayin' am new here so hello yee seem like goid craic lads umm i wanna do optometry in DIT or computer science in nuig

What's this I hear about stealing craic?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement