Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycleways Cup Sunday March 4th

• 28-02-2012 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Anyone have a strava or map my ride profile of the circuit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

This is all the info I can find on the web:

Cycleways Cup
    Cycleways Cup Sunday, 4 Mar 2012
    Province: Leinster
    Promoter: Navan R.C.
    Contact Details: John Nolan, 087-2238873
    Time/Sign On Details: Navan Rugby club 12.30pm
    Categorys: A1,A2,A3,A4
    Distance: A1,A2=130k, A3=80K, A4=70K

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Same day as the rugby. Oh well, there's more races in a month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

Great will see you up there. Well kind of the young lads have a blitz there at 10.30. Nothing for me for a few weeks yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 iridemybike

sign on at 12.30? seems very late! What time would the race be starting at for the different categories?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

kenmc wrote: »
    Same day as the rugby. Oh well, there's more races in a month or so.

Dublin Wheelers have a race in Summerhill on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭C3PO

sign on at 12.30? seems very late! What time would the race be starting at for the different categories?

Hard to tell whether it's Sign On or Start at 12.30? Anyone got any further details?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

cant remember it starting that late last year, im sure someone should know before the weekend

Dublin Wheelers have a race in Summerhill on Saturday.
    I've been coerced into that one! my first open race, after club league last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭buffalo

I've been coerced into that one! my first open race, after club league last year.

It was my first ever race last year, reckon it's a good one to start with. All left-hand turns iirc, and just the one bump over Dorey's Forge. Assuming it's the same course, and that my memory is infallible.

• Advertisement

Am also aspiring to take part in both these this weekend, but I might require another visit to the doc in the meantime. Also have to move house. Excuses, excuses...

Actually, I'm taking the room of one of your colleagues kenmc. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 superotty

Sign on from 10.00. Racing starts 12.30

See you there so. I'm giving Sunday a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

See you there so. I'm giving Sunday a miss.
    I understand that Saturday has been canceled as a mark of respect due to the death of a senior member of the promoting club.

The email I got specified the mick lally memorial and I didn't want to seem insensitive by asking did that include the other races, but I expect it does.

uberwolf wrote: »
    I understand that Saturday has been canceled as a mark of respect due to the death of a senior member of the promoting club.

The email I got specified the mick lally memorial and I didn't want to seem insensitive by asking did that include the other races, but I expect it does.

http://www.dublinwheelers.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=412&pid=2033#post_2033
    the open races scheduled for Summerhill on Sat 03-Mar have been cancelled.

I didn't know the man myself, but condolences to those who did.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Pablo Rubio

Cycleways Cup.
    Any more updates on what time this race starts at?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭LCRC_BAX

Cycleways Cup.
    Any more updates on what time this race starts at?

From Sticky Bottle.com
    (Sign on usually opens at least an hour before the race)

Cycleways Cup, Co Meath

The Cycleways Cup in Navan had always traditionally been the season-opener in Ireland but with the racing having crept forward a couple of weeks in recent years, this Sunday’s running of the event will see it unfold on the third weekend of racing in the new season.

The sign on for the races is at Navan Rugby Club, with racing starting at 12.30pm. The start is on the Slane Road with the finish at Proudstown Road.

Promoted by Navan Road Club, there are three races down for decision.

The combined A1/A2 race will be over 130km; the A3s will race 80km and the A4s 70km.

For more information contact John Nolan, 087-2238873

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Looks handy enough off a course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭PeadarCo

Sign on starts at 10.30

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭LCRC_BAX

Looks handy enough off a course.

You'll be good for a placing then eh! :)

• Advertisement

Wife took pity on me following the cancellation of the Summerhill Race and has told me to go to Navan. I am now in hellenic levels of debt on the domestic front.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

Anyone know if this is the exact same course as last year?

The A4 race was billed as 70k but ended up at 85k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

the race was supposed to be nuetralised i think last year till the first right hand turn but that never happened so thats where you get the extra distance, plus the organisers cant publicize a race of that distance for A4, id say for sure its the same course as last year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

any news?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭jimbo28

Ya.......im tired:).

• Registered Users Posts: 13 iridemybike

I rode the A4's. Good turnout, heard there were a couple of crashes (not sure of the details) - Some of those A4's definitely shouldn't be A4's though! Very strong group!

I rode the A4 race today - that result doesn't look right to me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭C3PO

joker77 wrote: »
    I rode the A4 race today - that result doesn't look right to me

Hmm .... I might well be wrong but that looks like one of our jerseys (Epic MTB) in 3rd or 4th in the A4s finish photo, but hard to be sure, and not mentioned in the results!

• Advertisement

RPL1 wrote: »
    Hmm .... I might well be wrong but that looks like one of our jerseys (Epic MTB) in 3rd or 4th in the A4s finish photo, but hard to be sure, and not mentioned in the results!
    Where? I don't see any baggy shorts there :D

Advertisement