Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless disconnecting

• 05-03-2012 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Moved house recently and Internet finally got sorted today. Had a bit of trouble with eircom and engineer had to come out and replace the socket but it's working now. Just having a small problem with the wireless. Every once in a while it is disconnecting. Usually after about a half hour or so. It cuts out on a few different devices so it's not a laptop or iPad problem. I can't connect again wirelessly until I reset the router. My wired connection is fine. I've been using the same router for the last 3 years or so and haven't changed any settings. I'm a bit stumped! Anyone got any ideas??

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

change the channel ? could be interference from neighbouring routers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Likely interference so just change the wireless broadcast channel and it should fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

thanks for the replys lads. sorry, i should have mentioned that i changed the channel to two different ones already. the router didnt seem to be broadcasting its SSID at all at the start so i changed the name and set to public. I could only pick it up on my devices after doin that. i have the security back on now but thats when it started disconnecting. it hasnt actually disconnected since the last time i posted so fingers crossed it was just being moody!

can power line adapters interfere with wireless? im using them for the first time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

jonny666 wrote: »
    can power line adapters interfere with wireless? im using them for the first time

Yes they can. Remove them and see if the problem persists or not.

Thread moved to Wireless Forum.

jor el wrote: »
    Yes they can. Remove them and see if the problem persists or not.

Thread moved to Wireless Forum.

thanks for moving!

OK il plug out the adapters and report back tomorrow. hope its not the adapters tho!

• Advertisement

Hey sorry for the delay. Have had the power line adapters plugged out and the wireless is still going down. Every 30minutes to an hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

What channels have you tried?

Advertisement