Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Matress Mick

• 04-04-2012 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭earlyevening

Has anyone seen the signs all over the northside to check out this guy on youtube? I just did. Its like an even cheaper power city ad - pretty sh*t - but almost funny for a brief few seconds.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Mattress Mick is cool. He reminds me of ads they used to show in the 90s on Australian TV for small local businesses. His dancing is classic.

"I'm not crazy!"

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Phizzler

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I thought I was mad when I saw this first, I don't fancy testing out a mattress with him!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Bumped into him outside the Padraig Pearse and shook his hand. He's opened a new shop on Pearse street too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭worded

snappieT wrote: »
    Bumped into him outside the Padraig Pearse and shook his hand. He's opened a new shop on Pearse street too.

Has Matress mick a web site?

didn't he recently have a correspondence with some twitter English comedian / celeb?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Mick is a legend!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Laughing all the way to the bank. You see him in Bram's in Fairview the odd time for breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

worded wrote: »
    Has Matress mick a web site?

didn't he recently have a correspondence with some twitter English comedian / celeb?

Stephen Fry wanted to visit after seeing his billboards on a visit to Dublin

dan1895 wrote: »
    Stephen Fry wanted to visit after seeing his billboards on a visit to Dublin

That was it.

Does he have a www?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

That was it.

Does he have a www?

He literally looks like a pimp
    http://www.mattressmick.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Back in the day when I first saw him on billboards I called into his store to see if he actually existed!

I've seen him a few times in Harry Byrnes pub on Howth Rd. Legend!

Does he have as good a range in the Pearce st store ?

Sorry where is the other store I'm on a smart phone and eyes bleeding here

He always has a big billboard in Killester, at the end of Collins Avenue. Beside the college. Had a friend living around there and he had a housemate called Michael who was on the elderly side and a bit sleazy, we called him Mattress Mick. When I was studying in Killester one of the younger lads from my course started laughing the the billboard too, his take was the same as ours - he does seem like a dirty old man with the cut of him and the name! Saw he's done some stuff for charity, and I agree the man is a legend. Definitely a Dublin character.

We decided to go to his showroom on Pearse St one day but it was all too warehouse-y and felt like we couldn't really go in just for a gawk so we left!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

He's the image of my late granny. I'll be having nightmares tonight.

He's the image of my late granny. I'll be having nightmares tonight.

Now that made me LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

He has a big sign at Tolka Park facing Grace Park Road! Scary viewing on a Friday evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,032 ✭✭✭✭neris

that has to be a wig. no one could have real hair that dodgy

Sure look at IKEA
    didn't Mr IKEA start off as matrice Malmo

How do IKEA matrices fair out for quality / price versus micks.

In fairness he stocks Irish kit and Id quicker keep someone in a job and its not an import. So I could sleep soundly.

Although there is nothing quite like a Sweedish restless night ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,716 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

interesting piece here about the Irish mattress "industry" (in reality they're all produced in just 2 factories).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Sure look at IKEA
    didn't Mr IKEA start off as matrice Malmo

How do IKEA matrices fair out for quality / price versus micks.

In fairness he stocks Irish kit and Id quicker keep someone in a job and its not an import. So I could sleep soundly.

Although there is nothing quite like a Sweedish restless night ;-)

I've had 2, both were sh1te, and odd sized. Wouldn't buy another.

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Sorry for the bump but Mattress Men is getting its worldwide premiere in Canada.
    Directed by Colm Quinn, Mattress Men shows how Flynn teamed up with aspiring filmmaker Paul Kelly to help his struggling mattress business. Reinventing himself as Mattress Mick - and roping in co-star Brian 'The Mattress Man' Traynor - Flynn used social media and online videos to get the word out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

Brian Traynor aka BARABBAS

The one and only

Advertisement