Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

so skyline is gone, help me find new car!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,280 ✭✭✭positron

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

positron wrote: »

ill bet avensis and accord will be in same boat ... .no no .. japs even not in no no list...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Here you go
    Loads of money left for tax/Petrol :D

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3256416

Full-11490705.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

To be honest I wouldnt have much faith in any E60 I'd find for 6k. Early 530i's were average enough, 231bhp at the start, 256 mid-way through life, 276 odd at the end. IS250 suggestion not bad. Focus ST is much better to drive than Astra OPC. But if you don't like them then thats that.
    How about a Legacy saloon? A few 3 litre ones might suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

vectra wrote: »
    Here you go
    Loads of money left for tax/Petrol :D

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3256416

Full-11490705.jpeg

damn manual too! :D

i gues if i go over 3.0 i might aswell get e38 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,280 ✭✭✭positron

Mar4ix wrote: »
    ill bet avensis and accord will be in same boat ... .no no .. japs even not in no no list...

chalk and cheese - shouldn't put those two in same sentence! :D

If I go for accord I would love to go for that k20 version of it, unfortunately those are out of my range.

And btw, I hate jap cars. I would newer ever own a jap car and would not put it on my list, because all of them are pure shiet. I would better go to work on wheelie bin, then anything with jap badge!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

My vote here is for the 3/6 MPS.
    Have you considered an R35 Skyline? Not a GTR now, the coupe withe the engine from a 350Z.

If I go for accord I would love to go for that k20 version of it, unfortunately those are out of my range.

And btw, I hate jap cars. I would newer ever own a jap car and would not put it on my list, because all of them are pure shiet. I would better go to work on wheelie bin, then anything with jap badge!

I'm very confused, you loved your R33 and you just said you'd buy an Accord... But you hate Jap cars?
    What am I missing here?

CianRyan wrote: »
    My vote here is for the 3/6 MPS.
    Have you considered an R35 Skyline? Not a GTR now, the coupe withe the engine from a 350Z.

I was toying with z350 idea, but tax is a killer. I just can't :(. 530d was more of exeption as I could get it cheaper, save money on petrol and justify 3.0 tax.

• Advertisement

I'm very confused, you loved your R33 and you just said you'd buy an Accord... But you hate Jap cars?
    What am I missing here?

Possibly sarcasm quotes?

chalk and cheese - shouldn't put those two in same sentence! :D
    im must be getting old, if i cant see the difference between them. :pac:
    same i cant see big difference between mb and bmw, as vw and audi, as cars in same range are very similar, i mean budget st ups, or "all bells and whistles" class. hondas and toyotas are very reliable cars, with own " - " and " + " , i woul;dnt put in same sentence germans and japs, and i always thought japs are reliable cars, germans also are good enough , id say better interior quality. from all cars what i had, id prefer japanese cars.

What am I missing here?

Check carefully this page and a few recent ones ;)

im must be getting old, if i cant see the difference between them. :pac:
    same i cant see big difference between mb and bmw, as vw and audi, as cars in same range are very similar, i mean budget st ups, or "all bells and whistles" class. hondas and toyotas are very reliable cars, with own " - " and " + " , i woul;dnt put in same sentence germans and japs, and i always thought japs are reliable cars, germans also are good enough , id say better interior quality. from all cars what i had, id prefer japanese cars.

Big differences between most of those marques. Accord is a league ahead of an Avensis, and an E-class is chalk to a 5 series cheese. VW and Audi are quite similar though!

Tea 1000 wrote: »
    Big differences between most of those marques. Accord is a league ahead of an Avensis, and an E-class is chalk to a 5 series cheese. VW and Audi are quite similar though!

sorry .. misunderstood here ... didnt mean models particularry ... i mean makes itself as japs. op wont have a jap at all.

sorry .. misunderstood here ... didnt mean models particularry ... i mean makes itself as japs. op wont have a jap at all.

*sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭deadlast

Evo 7/8, Nissan 350z(3.5 tax), Opel speedster, boxster, golf R32....

If you can afford to run a WRX....do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Feel like going back to Nissan? :pac:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3329092

Not keen on the body kit, but I've always loved that colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

dont like old jap stuff but that s15 is beautiful!

If you're going WRX, you might aswell go STI.

• Advertisement

If you're going WRX, you might aswell go STI.

if i am not mistaken, sti version was jap import 2 door subaru. saw one last winter in blanchardstown industrial estate... was messin there...., awesome machine.

Thx lads, but I will skip heavy modified jap stuff this time. Standart wrx, might be better option.

S15 became very rare too. All jap Performance is very rare now. Barely any s14 there too!

if i am not mistaken, sti version was jap import 2 door subaru. saw one last winter in blanchardstown industrial estate... was messin there...., awesome machine.

sorry, im wrong. they are 4 doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Matthewjohn

Luxurious good value and in great condition....
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3233956

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭(F.L.) Anders

arg...double post/edit fail

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭(F.L.) Anders

this OPc is for sale on donedeal. Wheels look really scuffed though. can anyone explain if that dash is nor mal too? as it went as xmas lights. funny fact about opel astra/corsa OPC - those dont have water tempreture gage... :rolleyes:

Be aware too, given the quick glimpse of the brakes in the video, i'm positive they aren't Brembos. Just cheap plastic ebay shiit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

theyre just brembo brakes covers. the 6 pot brakes on the opc are good enough standard ;)

i dont know what to make of the dash OP. looks like it flickered alright but it could be the camera too or something. that car has been for sale for a long time. the corsa opc has been also. i was looking at them about 6 months ago and both those 2 were for sale. id offer loooooow.
    there is a normal sri 3 door astra turbo on donedeal for 5k. it has 99k miles though. theyre 170 standard but can be brought up to 200 easily. needs a few upgrades to get the 240 of the opc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

argosy2006 wrote: »
    .......Full-11544842.jpeg

Wouldn't be a bad bus for €5000, not OPs cup of tea though me thinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

RoverJames wrote: »
    Wouldn't be a bad bus for €5000, not OPs cup of tea though me thinks.

They're an absolutely cracking looking car, it's a pity the front looks very 407-esque compared to the back.

Advertisement