Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Story for Wii is Released 24/02/12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Can't wait for this to be released :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLc4i3Iuq2s&feature=related

Jap version looked amazing..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ordered the limited edition from amazon works out at 55,but might cancel if I get it cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Apperently Game isn't stocking the limited edition even though I preordered it yesterday in Game with 3 posters plastered around the store lol, >.< I think its off to Amazon (Also I dont know why I use Game at all anymore its the 5th preorder they couldn't get stock of they are bloody useless)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,772 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My amazon order hasn't shipped yet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    My amazon order hasn't shipped yet.

Nor has My,are you getting the Limited edition?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,772 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Getting two limited editions! One for me and one for my american friend :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Will this be tough to get in town on Friday? Just remembering Xenoblade Chronicles was a nightmare to get, and i don't want a repeat of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

you know, sometimes i really think that i am not a FF fan at all - i am but the big fan of the epic rpg feeling from sakaguchi plus the emotional soundtrack from nobuo. cannot wait to play this but wii is not with me :(

eu version trailer:

Just buy one. Despite the common consensus the Wii's library is full of amazing games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I just got the Limited Edition for €45 in HMV on Henry Street, Dublin. That's the same price as they were charging for the regular version and they had at least one other Limited copy left that I could see

• Advertisement

Hot favourite for the 2012 most annoying voiceover's game ... :(

MY Arrived yesterday :)

So what are people's opinions?

I've played about 5 hours, and am up to chapter 16 (toons are level 20) or so..

I like it, but it's overly simple and far too linear for me you really don't get the opportunity to explore (not that I am normally that arsed :).. but it must be very linear if I am complaining).. The end bosses should be a lot harder, and its kinda disappointing that they tell you how to beat each and every boss at the begining of the battle..

Not bad.. but not a patch on Xenoblade..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

I've played about 15hrs now and as I expexted Xenoblade is miles better but the combat in Last story is very fun and keeps making me come back.

Just wish it were on ps3/xbox tbh the framerate can hit <5fps at times and the grapics are sometimes very good but mostly poor lol (there is this one guy's hat Horace, its supposed to have a logo but the texture is just a blurry mess )

So has anyone completed this yet? For the first time in years I am about to give up a game before completion.

I am on Chapter 40 (or thereabouts) of 44 fighting
    Dagran
    and to be honest the game has become a chore fighting boss after boss with little storyline inbetween and few save points .. The last 3 nights have been about sitting down for an evening fighting a single boss several times until he is done as the fight might be 30-60 mins long with no saves points if you win.. If you die you restart the whole sequence, and that the evenings play time done.. Seems very lazy game design..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

I was really unimpressed with Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon. Is this any better? I don't have a Wii but I'm just curious.

Mindkiller wrote: »
    I was really unimpressed with Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon. Is this any better? I don't have a Wii but I'm just curious.

Not played the two you mention.. For me.. it's good, but not very good (liked the combat system).. a bit too much rail like for me.. you can't wander about and discover (not that i ever do, but this was very much led from scene to scene).. and the final 10 chapters or so became dull boss fights..

Xenoblade was very good though.. much better..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Just finished it there. I can sort of see what you mean with the last few bosses being a bit of a chore but I thought that the fight with
    Dagran
    was refreshingly challenging after I found most of the game to be easy enough. I thought it was damn good though. It could be a bit linear at times, and the narrator got quite annoying; it just seemed lazy to have somebody say "and then this happened" rather than showing it properly. But after playing Xenoblade for so long I was a bit glad of the linearity. The battle system ranged from being quite engaging in a lot of the boss fights to button mashing for some fights. The story itself isn't anything to write home about, but I thought the characters themselves were extremely well written for and the voice acting was great. The band of mercenaries all felt very natural and the dialogue between them was great, and I thought the ending was quite moving.

Well now that's over, to exams!

Well it kept nagging me that I never finished the game, so I went back and played last night :)

I watched a quick video of the boss fight, and I was about 6 levels lower than the char in the video (I was only level 55).. Did some quick mob fights to level up and then destroyed the main boss first go (and it took about a quarter of the time of previous attempts).

Good game overall.. Not as good as Xenoblade imo.. but really glad it finally got a European release. It's games like this that make the Wii a good purchase.

Next up.. Pandora's tower :)

finished this. what can i say. sagakuchi and nobuo never fail me.

If you want a good story and amazing music that blends perfectly well to the game, go play The Last story. Sakaguchi's story is never perfect though but in the end of every game directed by him, i feel really rewarded and highly satisfied.

Fck FF13. Fck SquareEnix. Thank god mist walker exists. I feel like i am healed lol

and erm, hope the horrible english voice acting team leave the job for real professionals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

I finally have some money so had to order this game, long with Xenoblade and Pandora's Tower...

...right...now i just need to get the lend of wii of someone lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Anyone know where the cheapest place online to get the limited edition of this is? Or do any of the bricks and mortars store around Dublin still stock it?

^try amazon. my fav place to get my game now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

sorry to dig up an old thread, but is this worth getting? was looking for an RPG that's a bit different. Is The Last Story too hard/easy/complicated? and is it very long/short?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Personally, I've had less time for gaming in recent times than I'd like, so I'm selective of what I chose to spend it on. I had high hopes on this game, but it just didn't do it for me, to be honest. It certainly has its technical issues. It's more than the graphics that are poor, things like enemies being able to hit you through obstacles, for instance was irritating. If I had more time for gaming, I'd have played on. I still own my copy and will go back to it eventually, but it isn't a pressing concern.

Advertisement