Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auditions, Auditions, Auditions!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 anixela

Want some more material for your show reel?

LOW/NO BUDGET BLACK COMEDY SHORT FILM ABOUT WHAT YOU WOULD DO IF YOUR SON STARTS DATING A BLOW UP DOLL?

* 44 – 56 year old woman
    * 44 – 56 year old man
    * 21 – 30 year old man
    * 21 – 30 year old woman
    * 19 – 30 year old woman
    * 4 – 8 year old boy

Please e-mail C.V. and head shots for consideration to:

libertiesproductions@gmail.com

Or phone Orla on 086 0738341.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭hayser

Auditions for Hamlet in the Tivoli Theatre. Please text STARJOBS dbfxi to 51000.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Short notice but...
    • MALE needed for brief spoken role in an online advertisement video.
    • Role is a BOUNCER so need to have the look. Ideally in late 20s-early/mid 30s.
    • Need to be available in Blanchardstown Centre THIS WEDNESDAY @ 11.30am. Will be finished by approx 1.30pm.
    • Role is unpaid. Experience not essential as full direction will be given.

Email applications with relevant experience, contact details, a headshot and ideally a showreel to OfficialRaginRick@gmail.com.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 corpuschristi

Shooting a very short film (5mins) for an exhibition about NAMA @ the end of the month and need 2 actors to play Mulder and Scully from the X-Files.

***Actors do not need to look like Mulder and Scully (in fact ideally they won't!), so it's a pretty open casting...***

Shooting will take 3/4 hours in an indoors, city centre location on the 20th of January.

Unpaid, but food and refreshments will be provided, and it should be kind of fun to shoot. Working from a finished script, but am also open to input/improvisation from actors involved.

If interested, please email headshots/photos to: chriscotimms@gmail.com
    ...thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mrpeech

Hi,

Myself and two colleagues of mine are producing a 30 min documentary about performing artists in Dublin and Wicklow. Just watching an interview with Daniel Day Lewis today he said something very clever 'your greatest asset is your availability'. Being open in other words. We'd like to listen and see what drives you as a performer. Where you find the mental energy.
    We are looking for people of all ages, both male and female. So if you'd like to share your journey with others (the highs AND the lows), what you have learnt along the way. We'd love to hear from you.

Contact: khruken@yahoo.ie or send me a PM with your details and background.

Interviews are being conducted in Dublin and Wicklow from now (Fri 28th Jan until the 3rd March 2011)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 erosejohnson

St Ann’s Dramatic Society
    In conjunction with the DUBLIN, ONE CITY, ONE BOOK festival 2011
    are staging a series of dramatised readings entitled CHANGELING.
    Based on the acclaimed novel, Ghost Light, by Joseph O’ Connor.
    The dates for the show are the 14th - 16th April 2011
    Casting is this Friday 4th February 2011
    St Ann’s Parish Centre, off Molesworth Street, at 6pm.
    You can get in contact with us via e-mail stannsdrama@gmail.com
    Or
    Ring the producer Emily Rose Johnson on 0863761379.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ndubz

5711980_auditions_copy.jpg
    Hey Guys,

St Kevins VEC/Pearse College Crumlin are producing a Short Student Film this month.

They are auditioning in Pearse College Sports Hall on:

Thursday the 10th of February between 2pm-6pm

Male Actors between 20 - 30 required
    Female Actors between 18 - 24 required

These are unpaid roles but are excellent for your showreel and for more experience, which you can never have enough of.

The address is Pearse College (Sports Hall), Clogher Road, Crumlin, Dublin 12.

BUS LINKS: 121 (FROM CC) Leaves you directly outside. Other routes are 83, 18, 77, 150

RSVP Diarmuid : 085 843 5421 Gary: 085 248 4916

• Actors required for Fund-Raiser:

4 x Male actors

1 x female actor

Blue Gun Theatre are holding their first fundraiser on March 2nd in the Mercantile. We need actors to play out scenes from 4 movies and help out on the night. This will be a paid gig for actors chosen.

Auditions will take place this Tuesday (15th Feb)

Please PM if you're interested/would like to hear more

Thank you,

Papa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Velvet Goldmine

Papa Smut wrote: »
    Actors required for Fund-Raiser:

4 x Male actors

1 x female actor

Blue Gun Theatre are holding their first fundraiser on March 2nd in the Mercantile. We need actors to play out scenes from 4 movies and help out on the night. This will be a paid gig for actors chosen.

Auditions will take place this Tuesday (15th Feb)

Please PM if you're interested/would like to hear more

Thank you,

Papa

I'm interested but im not sure how to use this forum at all, so i cant figure out how to pm "/ is there any way i can just leave an email address or something? I'm desperately trying to gain experience!
    Thanks in advance for any reply!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

I'm interested but im not sure how to use this forum at all, so i cant figure out how to pm "/ is there any way i can just leave an email address or something? I'm desperately trying to gain experience!

Click on his username. Click 'leave private message'.

• I'm interested but im not sure how to use this forum at all, so i cant figure out how to pm "/ is there any way i can just leave an email address or something? I'm desperately trying to gain experience!

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Velvet Goldmine

Click on his username. Click 'leave private message'.
    Thank u (:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Swift Kick Productions

Hi, we're looking for 2 male actors and 1 female actor to do a short film that will be shot later this month. The film will be entered into some smaller competitions but later in the year it will be entered into the Cork film Festival and hopefully others.

Characters:

Jeremy: Male, 25, Preferably tall and thin. Must have very short hair or a skin head, or must be willing to cut hair for the role. Jeremy is the main character in the film.

Kevin: Male, 19, medium build, shaggy hair. Kevin is a Jeremys flatmate and a bit of a party animal. He's the main supporting actor.

Tara: Female, 21, short, attractive. She is a girl that Kevin has brought home from the night before.

I'm not going to post a script here but If you're interested in any of the roles then drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap with a script and storyboards etc. If you have an online profile/portfolio of previous work and experience then PM me a link to that too.

We can't pay you a wage for the day but we will feed and transport you for the entire shoot. It's a 3 day shoot. Auditions are being held this Sunday 20th Febuary in Cork. Shooting dates are 4th-6th of March. Thanks for reading, looking forward to hearing from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 paulkinsella

Hi, we're looking for a male and female actor for a horror movie based in Wexford to be shot in early March.

Characters:

Jenny: Is very attractive and strong minded. Jenny is the main character in the film.

Zack: Again is good looking and happy go lucky guy. He's the main supporting actor.

We are holding auditions in Wexford on Sunday 20th Feb from 11am.

We are not going to post a script here but If you're interested in any of the roles then drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap with details. If you have an online profile/portfolio of previous work and experience then PM me a link to that too.

We can't pay you a wage for the day but we will feed and transport you for the entire shoot.

It's a 2 day shoot max. Shooting dates are 4th-6th of March.

Thanks for reading, looking forward to hearing from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 paulkinsella

When contacting us via email (hello@highwindfilms.ie) please send head shot and details of previous work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 inmaculada

Hello everybody,

I'm looking for foreign people interested in performance art, it is for my final degree project in college. They don't need to be professionals, but have an interest in performance art. They will be using their own mother tongue and not English. The audition is the 15th March. If you are interested, you can contact me at inmanow@hotmail.com.

All the best,

Inma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ms.smce

Person wanted for part of the Dublin St. Patrick's Day Parade.

Person must be able to cycle, and available tomorrow the 12th of March from 2 to 5pm for dress rehearsal. Some experience in performance an advantage.
    Transport to and from Dublin by bus is covered, as well as bicycle and costume. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sparkzter

Actors & Actresses Wanted

We are Film Students of The Digital Skills Academy, Dublin 8 & we are looking for some volunteers to help us with our Film Projects this year.
    We are looking for a variety of people to fill the various roles for our 4 short movies. We are beginning filming on the week beginning 28th March 2011. And we will be filming usually between the hours of 8am & 1pm and in the Dublin area.

We are looking for the following;

Man 50- 60 years old
    Woman 50- 60 years old.
    Woman 40's
    Man 40's
    Man 30's to 40's
    Man early to mid 30's
    Woman early to mid 30's
    Girl 17-18 years old
    Young Girl (About 8 years old)- If any of the female actresses (mid 30's) has a daughter or niece etc. that has a similar look as themselves & they can bring them along- that would be great!

These are the main roles but we will also need a few extras on the day too.
    Although this is a non-paying role, it promises to be a great experience & lots of fun for everyone involved.
    We will only need you for a few hours in the morning for a few days over the next few weeks & everyone who volunteers will get a copy of a professionally shot & edited short- movie for their show reel.
    If you are interested, please email digi.media.casting@gmail.com for further information & times of auditions. We are planning to have the auditions on Friday 25th March, so if you are available, drop us your CV and details & we will get back to you.
    See you there!

Contact-email us at: digi.media.casting@gmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Yo-yo

Auditions are being held today the 6th of April at the Film Base in Temple Bar from 6pm-10pm for the characters detailed below. At the moment we are looking for males as there is a shortage but there are also two female characters, late twenties to early thirties. There will be a public reading of the play by the successful actors/actresses in front of an audience as part of the 8th Dublin gay Theatre Festival taking place in May. Contact Paul on 0876246466 with a time that suits for this evening and I will confirm back. You will be asked to read an extract from the play at the audition. Successful actors may be asked to take part in full production which will be paid on a profit share basis.

JOHN: Twenty six years old, average looking, single, straight acting, low self confidence.

SIMON: Twenty six years old, unemployed, single, good looking, confident, bitchy.

ROBERT: John’s date, late twenties, average looking, shy and unsure of himself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 blondestbarbie

Any auditions coming up for a female 18 - 25?? would be interested:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kivamurphy

Hi everyone, I am looking for some clowns and kids entertainers for birthday parties, festivals and corporate events.

I am particularly looking for people with experience in this field already but I will be having a workshop day you will be able to learn a load of these skills as well!

Skills that will be useful will be magic ( basic kids show magic is grand) balloon modelling, ideas of lots of child friendly exciting energetic games, and a love of all things silly and messing about!

Workshop is next Thursday in dublin- please check out www.alakazam.ie for more info and email your CV and details to info!alakazam.ie

Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭caesura

Hi guys we're looking for 2 actors to play Mimes At War

As the characters are mimes gender and age are not important factors - so the mimes can be 2 males, 2 females or a male and female but expressive physicality is essential as there are only 2 lines of dialogue in the film so all communication will be through gesture.

In other words: Miming :)

Filming sheduled for Fri 15th April 2011

Time TBC but will be sometime between 9am and 5pm so availability during this time is essential. As this film requires a certain amount of choregraphy at least one preproduction rehearsal may also be necessary.

Interested actors please email: alancantrell83@gmail.com

As this is an end of year student production there is unfortunately no payment possible but for those interested it could be a great opportunity. I'll also keep records of anyone who wishes to be considered for future film opportunities.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭legendal

Hi there! I'm looking for a female voice actor rather urgently (preferrably mid-late 40s or 50s) for a radio documentary I'm doing for my final year project.

I have an interview recorded with someone, but for anonymity's sake I need someone else's voice. It would be about 10-15 mins of audio in total, and I will of course throw a few bob to whoever can do it. I'm based in north Dublin myself, but if it came to it I would travel.

If you fit the bill or know someone who does, please DM me ASAP :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 HomeJam

HomeJam Productions is seeking a presenter for a live music event taking place this month in The Button Factory, Dublin. Candidate should be fun, lively, confident with a good sense of comedy.

Headshots, cvs and video links (where possible) to be sent to
    homejamproductions@gmail.com asap with HOST in the subject box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 KaroRR

Hi there,
    I am looking or one or maybe two musicians for a recording I am doing for my weddings website. I need a harpist and pianist.
    The work will of course be paid.

Please send me a message if you are interested. You can check out my website first if you like to listen to my style of singing on:http://www.karolineroseosullivan.com/

Thanks,
    Karoline

• Registered Users Posts: 7 born

Anonymous TVF will be holding auditions next Tu, We, Th 6- 9pm

Men, Women
    17-40 appearance
    Dancers, Actors and those who can do both.
    Minorities encouraged to apply.

Freefall:Heroes a movement style play written and directed by award winning writer and company with works staged off-Broadway, LA and Edinburgh. The fastest selling, most sold out, highest grossing show of the Galway theatre fest will be performing at the Dublin Fringe this Sept.

Rehearsals are scriptless initially and work is developed in the room. Commitment in time and energy is preferred over any other value.

Important:
    Send headshot and resume as a pdf with Freefall Audition in the subject line to AnonymousTVF@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Cattleforker

Hi,
    Auditions will be held in the Gonzo Theatre in Cavan town, (upstairs in the Imperial Bar) this weekend, Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd, from 11 to 5 each day.

The film is a drama set in a rural town in the region, so if you are interested, please get onto us with a introductory email and cv/ headshot if you have it at billyburnsmovie@gmail.com

here is a link to the facebook page, including a synopsis of the story.
    Hope to hear from you.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Open-Auditions-No-Party-for-Billy-Burns/145975585476007?sk=info

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mcpodgemeister

CASTING FOR SHORT FILM

Audions are taking place for a no budget short film being produced by PinchhitterFilms.
    The film is set to shoot in early July and auditions will be taking place on Monday 20th June.

'The Whistler' - Comedy.

A mysterious man walking by a bridge, meets another man on the verge of commiting suicide, which he attempts to prevent.

There are two roles, both male characters.

Man 35 - 45

Man 25 - 35

If you are interested, please contact PinchHitterFilms@gmail.com for a sample of the script, or with a link to website, headshots or showreel.

We can then give you a time and location for the audition and provide you with an extract.

Thanks

Pinch Hitter Films

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 mcpodgemeister

CASTING FOR SHORT FILM

Audions are taking place for a no budget short film being produced by PinchhitterFilms.
    The film is set to shoot in early July and auditions will be taking place on Monday 20th June.

'The Whistler' - Comedy.

A mysterious man walking by a bridge, meets another man on the verge of commiting suicide, which he attempts to prevent.

There are two roles, both male characters.

Man 35 - 45

Man 25 - 35

If you are interested, please contact PinchHitterFilms@gmail.com for a sample of the script, or with a link to website, headshots or showreel.

We can then give you a time and location for the audition and provide you with an extract.

Thanks

Pinch Hitter Films

Advertisement