Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aircoach Dublin-Cork express

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Your seat and bk's.
    None of us can say where the future will take us or how we will get there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭Vic_08

foggy_lad - I assume from your outburst that there will be two extra seats on Dublin/Cork services from now on? :D

Doubt it, he'd have to pay to use the Aircoach non-stop.

Vic_08 wrote: »
    Doubt it, he'd have to pay to use the Aircoach non-stop.
    Do I not pay for the train and other buses when I use them? What is so different about the aircoach non stop service?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

bk it seems to me that you have a very simplistic attitude towards the railways along the lines of - the way CIE/IE operate the railways is bad therefore railways are bad per se. True?

False.

As I've said many times I like rail, I just don't think intercity rail is well suited to the geography and demographics of Ireland. I think it is a massive waste of money and now has no justification for wasting hundreds of millions of my and others tax payers subsidies.

I have no problem with my tax money going to subsidise services I don't need or use, if the service is socially or economically important and can't be delivered at a reasonable cost by private operators.

But that is no longer the case with intercity rail. The Bus coach is now just as fast, just as comfortable, a quarter of the cost to the traveler and zero cost to the taxpayer.

Given this I just can't see how IR or anyone can continue to justify a 200 million a year operating subsidy, plus hundreds of millions more in capital subsidies.

Hanging about for a bus on Westmoreland Street and then negotiating a load of dangerous traffic for three hours on the road to Cork, with no possibility of properly stretching your legs or using the toilet doesn't appeal to me.

Dangerous!! what a load of BS. The motorway down was nearly empty of traffic and it isn't like rail has a perfect safety record, you know it isn't like rail bridges just collapse, oh wait they do!!

Stretching your legs, first of all Aircoach seats have loads of leg room, even more then the train, plenty of space to stretch out without getting up. They really are very spacious and comfortable seats, with all leather.

And nothing stopping you getting up and walking around to stretch your legs, they really are a very solid and smooth ride, much less bumpy then the train.

You are right about the toilets, but hopefully the GoBus service with toilets on board will resolve that issue.
    That said I'm happy that you're happy and will never take the train again - all the more space for those of us who prefer the faster, more comfy way of travelling - despite CIE/IE's best efforts. :D

Obviously I've hit a nerve with the rail fans!! I've done nothing but give a detailed and accurate review of this service, pointing out both it's pros and cons.

It is obvious some rail fans here are really scared about what sort of impact these services will have on the viability and future of rail.

BTW JD, do you even use intercity trains, you never mention that you actually do use these services?

I'm sure IR will be delighted when I and all my Corkonian friends living in Dublin stop using the train. Sure it will be brilliant, no work to do at all!!
    foggy_lad wrote: »
    Do I not pay for the train and other buses when I use them? What is so different about the aircoach non stop service?

You even pay for the trains when you don't use it, via your taxes and subsidies.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

One thing, I really hope that Aircoach can get their marketing and pr act together and actually promote this service and drive some business to it, to make it a success.

I was shocked that they can't even get basic PR right, that when the new service launched, that there was no articles about it in the press and no mention of it on talk radio.

The launch so far seems almost like they don't care, they need to do a far better job, they are totally leaving BE and IR get off the hook with the lack of advertising.

In fairness to IR, they as much as fart and it gets national press and radio coverage, even if it does end up negative (e.g. the recent article about IR's inflexibility with taking a different train).

BTW Westmoreland St really is an excellent location, my bus into town stops literally across the road from it and I can sit in a nice warm pub or cafe until the bus arrives, no need to be milling about in the cold. Much better location then Hueston.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

bk wrote: »
    One thing, I really hope that Aircoach can get their marketing and pr act together and actually promote this service and drive some business to it, to make it a success.

I was shocked that they can't even get basic PR right, that when the new service launched, that there was no articles about it in the press and no mention of it on talk radio.

The launch so far seems almost like they don't care, they need to do a far better job, they are totally leaving BE and IR get off the hook with the lack of advertising.

In fairness to IR, they as much as fart and it gets national press and radio coverage, even if it does end up negative (e.g. the recent article about IR's inflexibility with taking a different train).

BTW Westmoreland St really is an excellent location, my bus into town stops literally across the road from it and I can sit in a nice warm pub or cafe until the bus arrives, no need to be milling about in the cold. Much better location then Hueston.

Bk makes a valid point re the strange almost inexplicably soft-launch of the Cork Express.

I am of the opinion that the issue is somewhat of an indication of how Aircoach (Irl) has slipped down the to-do list of FirstGroup plc.

I have little doubt but if the original Irish Aircoach Management Team were in place this service would have been marketed far more effectively and in a much more targeted manner.

The current First Group situation globally,is far from stable, this is demonstrated clearly by the lack of focus relating to what,in Irish public transport terms,is a major new initiative.

It's almost as if First Group plc don't really know what,in business terms, Aircoach Irl has been given.

Reading the various posts relating to the Cork-Express services,it's sad,but to be expected,that it rapidly dissolves into a CIE vs The Rest food-throwing contest.

I've no problem,as a Dublin Bus employee,in praising the new Express nauture of the service,equally I'd have no problem using it should it fit with whatever travel requirements I have on the day.

I'm far more concerned at whats NOT being attended to in relation to this (and other) NEW services introduced under the NTA's remit.

It's the basic infrastructural stuff which is being ignored here,that causes me so discomfort.

The Dublin Terminus,Westmoreland St,whilst suitable in location,has now become a Safety Nightmare for the pre-existing Dublin Bus city services expected to utilize the same Kerbline.

It defies belief that a group of Transport and Traffic "Professionals" could totally disregard the safety requirements of Low-Floor Wheelchair Ramp equipped City Service Vehicles (and their customers) by simply tacking-on new Long Dwell Coach Services at the same location.

At the very least,the NTA,The City Council and particularly,An Garda Siochana,should have been able to recognize the basic conflict between a Long Dwell Coach Stop vs a Short Dwell City-Service Stop.

I believe there are now 7,yes 7 different Bus Poles now standing at this Bus Bay.

7 different companies,with 7 different sets of access requirements,using a variety of vehicles some of maximum permitted length.

To expect all of these vehicles (and Drivers) to operate their respective duties safely in this environment is ridiculous,if not tantamount to reckless endangerment on the part of the authorities.

It is plain simple good safety practice to segregate the different pasenger groups and allow each to have their own dedicated kerb space.

None of the respective "Statutory Bodies" appears to have the stomach to isue a directive to reassign the Bus Bay Space on Westmoreland St.

At it's simplest,remove some of the Dublin Bus Westbound Routes altogether,as their other Stop along the College Wall is,IMO,close enough to utilize.

Then bring all of the Private Long-Dwell services forward to the vacated DB stops with the N7 bound ones to the front and the Airport bound ones nearest Fleet St.

This would free up the rearmost stops for DB use only and allow City Service drivers to avoid the dangerous conflicts which currently occur by the minute.

At the moment the entire City Centre area has been wilfully turned into a Health & Safety Minefield by the actions,or non-actions of what we traditionally recognized as the responsible agencies for Traffic and Transport regulation.

It now appears that the City Council and particularly The Gardai have been relived of these responsibilities in favour of redistributing them to a variety of independent agents,such as Taxi Drivers,Coach Operators,Tour Operators and anybody who wishes to erect a tent at a specific location.

It is particularly noticable that The Garda Traffic Corps have largely disappeared from the City Centre location,and that beat Gardai have no interest in enforcing any of the RTA's requirements.

There is a long running rumour that Gardai have been told to "Go easy" on the Taxi Fraternity in the face of a supposed,Cork City based,Supreme Court,Constitutional Challenge threat regarding the Taxi Deregulation process.

In the absence of any Official Garda statements on the non-enforcement of the RTA at high-profile locations in the City this rumour's veracity becomes greater by the day.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭dardhal

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the express service at the 6pm time? Cork - Dublin? I'm debating about taking the 5pm or 6pm service to Dublin from Cork. I'll be meeting someone in Dublin airport at 10pm so the coach suits me better, just wondering how well they make time on the busier hours.

I think you already used the service, if not, please check one of my former messages in this thread, where I report about my recent Cort to Dublin express service at the same departure time.
    foggy_lad wrote: »
    How often do long distance buses stop for toilets on the Continent or in the Americas?

I can only speak about long distance bus services in Spain, and not that much, as I have not used them a lot, or for very long distances (400 Km recently, although a decade ago I had to "enjoy" a 650 Km. non-express service). There is law, I think EU-wide, that forces bus drivers (and truck drivers FWIW) to have strict maximum driving times (4 hours with no rest), which are registered on the bus themselves automatically alongside with vehicle speed. Maximum allowd speeds for coaches in motorways is also 100 Km/h, so theoretically, any service at or below 350 Km. may not need a stop. But they usually stop at some specific spots.

For example, services from Madrid to Valencia and Alicante, around 350 - 400 Km. each, have a dedicated stop at some point about half the way there. It is a huge private resting area in the middle of nowehere where dozens of coaches stop for the drivers and the passengers alike to take some rest and some food. On my only 650 Km. bus ride I seem to remember there was only one stop (other than those for pick up or setting down passengers), and I think the trip took from 1am to 9 am, so fortunately most of us where sleeping, and no additional stops where needed.
    jacko1 wrote: »
    are they sticking to the speed limit for coaches?

I understand they do, at 100 Km/h on motorways and (can't remember) 80-90 Km/h on other roads. In fact, when getting out of Cork, there is a span where the motorway is more twisted and I felt the coach was going too fast, but my GPS told me I was wrong, 100 Km/h sharp with only minor (< 3 Km/h) variations above or below the figure.

What I can't tell is what speed the coach was going along the local road on our detour to Urlingford, as it felt quite faster than I would have liked to :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Thanks Dardhal I did indeed read your posts :) I've used the service twice now at the 6pm time. Both days it arrived on time. I'm very pleased with the service and will be using it again next Friday!

So to complete my review of the new Aircoach service, the Cork to Dublin leg.

Got the 6pm service from Cork, it was 95% full, so much better.

On the downside, while the bus was there, the driver didn't arrive until 6:02, start boarding 6:05 and leave until 6:15.

We arrived in Dublin at 9:15, so exactly 3 hours on a very wet and miserable night with terrible driving conditions, so I think we can see this service being very consistently 3 hours.

No stop for toilet break and the driver made it clear at the start of the journey that it was a non stop service.

While Patricks Quay in Cork is a fine drop off location, it isn't a great pick up place. Obviously there was a large crowd waiting on a very exposed and windy quay side. And while it is very close to Patrick St, unlike Westmoreland St in the Dublin side there is no coffee shop outside the stop to wait for the bus.

While I'm not sure a private coach station is necessary in Dublin (outside of the very good suggestions AlexSmart makes above), I think Cork could benefit from a private coach station like Galway. Or at very least a series of bus shelters along the quay and maybe a shop/cafe across the street.

The stopping location in Dublin, just around the corner from O'Connell St is a great location, close to lots of Dublin Bus routes, etc.

One thing I think there is a big gap in the schedule, the next direct service from Cork after 6pm is 1am. While it is great that there are late 1am and 4am services, I think it could really benefit from a 8pm service.

Interestingly Aircoach don't stop at Hueston, unlike GoBuses direct Galway service.

BTW passed a lovely looking GoBus double decker. Looked very new and shiny, looked like it had blue LEDs lights internally. Also looked absolutely full, so looks like the Galway service is doing well.

Also a post mid way down here where Foggy Lad states that he is on a pension. This should entitle him his computer literate friend :rolleyes: to a free pass.

http://www.thejournal.ie/social-welfare-could-be-cut-by-up-to-e1bn-251727-Oct2011/

It would explain how he makes all of his wanderly wagon trips around Ireland selling his knick knacks off Advert.ie ;)

So recieving a pension entitles one to free travel? Where do I sign up for this? and please stop with the personal abuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Also a post mid way down here where Foggy Lad states that he is on a pension. This should entitle him his computer literate friend :rolleyes: to a free pass.

http://www.thejournal.ie/social-welfare-could-be-cut-by-up-to-e1bn-251727-Oct2011/

It would explain how he makes all of his wanderly wagon trips around Ireland selling his knick knacks off Advert.ie ;)

I, and I'm sure many others are sick of this sniping. Stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭SandyfordGuy

Jeez, some of you guys need to take a chill, it's the early days of the service and is most likely a soft launch with a full launch to happen when the staffing levels are right and everything is ready on all of the departures. Up until late last week the company was recruiting extra drivers for Cork and are likely to market the service when everyone is settled in their jobs.

Also I don't buy any of this doom-mongering about the situation with First, it is nowhere near as bad as some people are making out. From what I have heard there is a solid commitment to the company from the parent and they will do all they can to support the drive to improve the business here and I think those suggesting otherwise are merely whipping up a storm in a teacup.

As for those of you who claim you can do a better job, then if you have such great ideas why don't you pitch them to the company, or better still apply for the job of business manager at http://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1169565 which has been created no doubt to assist with some of the reasons people have been complaining about. The very fact such job is advertising is proof that the company are reacting and addressing what they see as areas which could be further improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭dowlingm

Re: a coach terminal for Cork.

Would it not be better to have Cork City Council buy out the Parnell Place bus station and ensure Aircoach and others access to it based on a slot allocation system? Maybe some of the BE outer suburban services could shift elsewhere if they weren't transferring many passengers to Expressway or other intercity routes?

EDIT: Are the Deane St/Clontarf St properties behind PPBS still this much of a sh1thole or has any redevelopment happened since 2009 (which Google took these images)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,928 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

In other words BE are a typical CIE company. Do what suits the staff, not what suits the customer.
    exactly. if they did start to care about the customers the unions would probably be up in arms. oh well

shut down alcohol action ireland now! end MUP today!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,928 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

False.

As I've said many times I like rail, I just don't think intercity rail is well suited to the geography and demographics of Ireland. I think it is a massive waste of money and now has no justification for wasting hundreds of millions of my and others tax payers subsidies.

I have no problem with my tax money going to subsidise services I don't need or use, if the service is socially or economically important and can't be delivered at a reasonable cost by private operators.

But that is no longer the case with intercity rail. The Bus coach is now just as fast, just as comfortable, a quarter of the cost to the traveler and zero cost to the taxpayer.

Given this I just can't see how IR or anyone can continue to justify a 200 million a year operating subsidy, plus hundreds of millions more in capital subsidies.

so your suggesting we should just close down the rail network putting many people out of jobs? brilliant idea. if the rail network closed the money would not be going to the schools hospitals or other essential services you go on about.

shut down alcohol action ireland now! end MUP today!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

I gave the Cork-Dublin airport service a try. I'd normally use the train and get a cab from Heuston to the airport for that journey, but I was tempted by the direct route.

My 8am coach left on time from Cork, after a few arguments between the driver and some confused tourists who had the wrong tickets. No folding tray or reading light as promised on the website, but the wifi worked fine. After another prolonged argument between a passenger and the driver en route, we made a quick unscheduled stop on the side of the motorway. I'm not sure exactly what was going on, but the driver was possibly the rudest I've ever seen in action. I know the service is not supposed to stop, but he insisted on making a big song and dance about it, before stopping anyway.

We passed Heuston around 10:45 I'd say, which is around the same time most off-peak trains take to do the journey. We arrived ahead of time in Dublin airport (around 3h 15m total journey time). There's no stop in Terminal 1, you have to walk from Terminal 2 (only around 5 minutes, but there's no covered walkway, thanks DAA).

Overall, it was a very efficient service, and €18 one-way is a complete bargain (the cab from Heuston to the airport alone costs more than that). They won't win any customer service awards based on that journey, and the train is far more comfortable, but it's good value for money.

PS: Cork Coffee Roasters is around the corner on Bridge St, very nice coffee and they are open early!

We passed Heuston around 10:45 I'd say, which is around the same time most off-peak trains take to do the journey. We arrived ahead of time in Dublin airport (around 3h 15m total journey time). There's no stop in Terminal 1, you have to walk from Terminal 2 (only around 5 minutes, but there's no covered walkway, thanks DAA).

Thanks indeed DAA.....

http://www.finfacts.ie/irishfinancenews/article_1021069.shtml

One just has to cry out for a Facepalm smiley at this observation,closely followed by an observation as to what exactly the "bonus payment" to the DAA's chief executive was for...??

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0626/daa.html

:confused:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

No folding tray or reading light as promised on the website

Yes no folding tray is disappointing, however there are reading lights, at least on the buses I was on, directly above you, like on an airplane, jsut hit the button.
    After another prolonged argument between a passenger and the driver en route, we made a quick unscheduled stop on the side of the motorway. I'm not sure exactly what was going on, but the driver was possibly the rudest I've ever seen in action. I know the service is not supposed to stop, but he insisted on making a big song and dance about it, before stopping anyway.

I'm guessing after criticism here of them stopping for toilet breaks, the drivers are probably now under instruction not to stop and are under pressure to stick to tight deadlines.

With interleaved stopping and non stopping service, it is understandable that with this new service, there will be misunderstandings and people taking a direct bus looking to go to an intermediate stop.

I also saw something similar ex-dublin two tourists boarded ahead of me thinking the bus was going to the airport. Took the driver a while to explain it wasn't as they didn't speak English. However the driver was very courteous.

Understandable confusion, as it is an Aircoach bus, going from a stop that says it is going to Dublin Airport. Many people wouldn't look closely at the destination with all that.

RE Bus Station in Cork.

I thought there was a suggestion of realigning Kent station and adding a bus station there to handle both BE and private operators.

However it is a little far from the city, so I'm not sure it is such a good idea.

Bus shelters along the quays would be a quick and dirty solution that could be implemented until a better more permanent solution was come up with. After all an integrated bus station will take a couple of years. Bus shelters could even pay for themselves via advertising.

You could even go for a slightly fancier solution with a large shelter with a glass canopy projecting partly onto the road, thus sheltering the passengers even as they board the bus. Wouldn't imagine it would be too costly.

Interestingly seems there are rumors with very strong evidence that Aircoach are preparing to relaunch their Dublin to Belfast service:

http://irishcoaches.yuku.com/reply/837/Belfast-Service-being-axed-#reply-837

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

AlekSmart wrote: »

am i going mad? I've used a covered walkway from T2 to T1 and vice versa

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

I did see what looked like some kind of partial walkway but it was blocked off with fences and bollards. Why can't Aircoach add another stop at T1 though?

I probably didn't see the reading light... for some reason I never thought of looking in the most obvious place.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

I did see what looked like some kind of partial walkway but it was blocked off with fences and bollards. Why can't Aircoach add another stop at T1 though?

I probably didn't see the reading light... for some reason I never thought of looking in the most obvious place.

They used to stop both the intercity routes and Dublin ones here but since the portfolio services grown it was considered there is not room to stop them all here for safety reasons so they go to the coach park with many other inter city services.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kumsheen

devnull wrote: »
    They used to stop both the intercity routes and Dublin ones here but since the portfolio services grown it was considered there is not room to stop them all here for safety reasons so they go to the coach park with many other inter city services.

I'm sure i read on here before that the DAA charge quite a lot for bus stops close to the terminal.

My view is that the airport is a major transport hub and it should have a proper central coach station as part of this.
    This should include things that tourists really need like information screens showing destinations, departure times and coach gate location etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,483 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

There is a covered walkway from the coach station to the terminals.

lxflyer wrote: »
    There is a covered walkway from the coach station to the terminals.

After a spend of several hundred million € and what amounted essentially to a total refit of the Airport's public access perimeter,I should bloody well hope they could stretch to a covered walkway.

It should be Heated,Airconditioned,Fully Carpeted and with seating to allow weary strollers to rest mid-commute.

I'm with Kumsheen on this,what was required was a comprehensive functional public-transport interchange of the simple functional type found elsewhere......what we have is...well...a covered walkway :o

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

Per Aircoach on Facebook

REVISED CORK - DUBLIN CITY - DUBLIN AIRPORT SERVICE FROM WEDNESDAY 9th MAY 2012

We are very pleased to announce that, in response to recent customer demand, we will be increasing the level of service on the EXPRESS route between Cork, Dublin City Centre and Dublin Airport from Wednesday 9th May 2012. This change will see more early morning services from Cork to Dublin and Dublin Airport, and more... services later in the evening from Dublin Airport and Dublin City Centre to Cork.

From Wednesday 9th May there will be 17 daily EXPRESS departures from Cork at:

01:00, 03:00, 05:00, 06:00, 07:00, 08:00, 09:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00, 14:00, 15:00, 16:00, 17:00, 18:00 and 19:00.

From Wednesday 9th May there will be 18 daily EXPRESS departures from Dublin Airport at:

00:30, 06:30, 07:30, 08:30, 09:30, 10:30, 11:30, 12:30, 13:30, 14:30, 15:30, 16:30, 17:30, 18:30, 19:30, 21:30, 22:30 and 23:30.

From Wednesday 9th May there will be 18 daily EXPRESS departures from Dublin City Centre (Westmoreland Street) at:

01:00, 07:00, 08:00, 09:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00, 14:00, 15:00, 16:00, 17:00, 18:00, 19:00, 20:00, 22:00, 23:00 and 23:59.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard the revised Cork EXPRESS service in the near future. Bookings for the new journeys will be available soon at www.aircoach.ie. Please remember that you can book online up to 5pm the day before you travel and guarantee a seat on the journey of your choice.

Due to a change in demand the Aircoach service between Cork, Dublin City Centre and Dublin Airport that serves the town of Fermoy, Mitchelstown, Cashel, Urlingford, Durrow, Abbeyleix, Portlaoise and Kildare, will operate to a revised, reduced timetable.

From Wednesday 9th May 2012 there will be 3 daily services from Cork which serve the intermediate stops on the route to Dublin City Centre and Dublin Airport: 07:00, 09:00 and 11:00.

From Wednesday 9th May 2012 there will be 3 daily services from Dublin Airport which serve the intermediate stops on the route to Cork: 14:30, 16:30 and 18:30.

From Wednesday 9th May 2012 there will be 3 daily services from Dublin City Centre (Westmoreland Street) which serve the intermediate stops on the route to Cork: 15:00, 17:00 and 19:00.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this change to the service through the intermediate stops and we look forward to welcoming you onboard this revised Aircoach service.

The Online Booking service and website information will be amended very soon to reflect these service changes. If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service Team on +353 (0)1 844 7118 between 09:00 and 17:30, 7 days a week, or you can email us at info@aircoach.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

They are planning to increase the frequency of express buses due to rising demand. Here is the article.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

"We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this change to the service through the intermediate stops and we look forward to welcoming you onboard this revised Aircoach service."

Intermediate stops means it's not an express service. Full stop. FFS

• Advertisement

"We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this change to the service through the intermediate stops and we look forward to welcoming you onboard this revised Aircoach service."

Intermediate stops means it's not an express service. Full stop. FFS
    They are apologising because they will now only have 3 services per day serving the intermediate stops. http://www.aircoach.ie/news.article.php?ID=350
    Due to a change in demand the Aircoach service between Cork, Dublin City Centre and Dublin Airport that serves the town of Fermoy, Mitchelstown, Cashel, Urlingford, Durrow, Abbeyleix, Portlaoise and Kildare, will operate to a revised, reduced timetable.

From Wednesday 9th May 2012 there will be 3 daily services from Cork which serve the intermediate stops on the route to Dublin City Centre and Dublin Airport: 07:00, 09:00 and 11:00.

From Wednesday 9th May 2012 there will be 3 daily services from Dublin Airport which serve the intermediate stops on the route to Cork: 14:30, 16:30 and 18:30.

From Wednesday 9th May 2012 there will be 3 daily services from Dublin City Centre (Westmoreland Street) which serve the intermediate stops on the route to Cork: 15:00, 17:00 and 19:00.

Aircoach apologises for any inconvenience caused by this change to the service through the intermediate stops and we look forward to welcoming you onboard this revised Aircoach service.

I wonder do they plan to accept the free travel passes on the Express service now or are they going to stop accepting them?

Advertisement