Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A very unusual psyche test

• 28-04-2011 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭

http://www.hypnoid.com/psytest2.html

Here's my result. It's actually very accurate. I wouldn't mind seeing what the other results are though.

Diagnosis:
    Quiet and very self-assured, you tend to keep your own council. Pragmatic and practical to a fault, you are not one to worry about the finer points of philosophical discourse. In fact, because you are very much an individualist, you often finds yourself at odds with the established truth or the wishes of the majority. You will often earn the wrath of an employer by taking upon yourself decisions which are rightly those of your manager. You are not one to take credit unless it is deserved. Similarly however, you will also not happily give credit where it is not due. In a romantic relationship you can be very frustrating. While you do care deeply and sincerely, and are willing to work at a relationship, your confidence in your own abilities can on occasion make it difficult to see the world from a partner’s point of view. Quiet and stoic at times, you can drive a more emotional individual completely up the wall. You can become overstressed and fatigued without knowing it. Taking time to rest between bouts of hard work can help to prevent a breakdown later on.
    Tagged:

Comments

Hmmm, that's very strange alright.

My result was pretty vague and nonspecific. I suspect that the test just produces results in a general, nonspecific way? Similar to horoscopes, I guess. It gives a result that most people would like to think represents themselves, regardless of whether it's true or not.

I'd like to see the science behind it, if there is any.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

You may be right there. On a second reading I actually misread one of the points into a more fitting point. Go me! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hookah

Odd questions. I would have clicked the Atari jaguar option for a lot of them if it was available. What's with question 12?

My diagnosis...Handy in the real world manipulation of objects and events, you are easily enthused by practical projects. You often ignore or conveniently forget rules and boundaries that limit your freedom. This need for freedom extends even to the personal sphere and though you are kind and gentle, you will often be hard to pin down to a monogamous lifestyle. Because you tend to verbalize so seldom, you can be seen as phlegmatic or impassive. In moments of high tension you can often surprise those around you with a lighthearted or humorous remark. Because of your facility with the physical world, you are often engaged in sports that require dexterity, such as motorcycling or hang gliding. You will rarely have time for flights of fancy or unproductive discussion. Constraints on your freedom will be regarded as a personal attack.

...but your diagnosis could fit me equally well, 18AD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Saffers

I got the same as Hookah:

Handy in the real world manipulation of objects and events, you are easily enthused by practical projects. You often ignore or conveniently forget rules and boundaries that limit your freedom. This need for freedom extends even to the personal sphere and though you are kind and gentle, you will often be hard to pin down to a monogamous lifestyle. Because you tend to verbalize so seldom, you can be seen as phlegmatic or impassive. In moments of high tension you can often surprise those around you with a lighthearted or humorous remark. Because of your facility with the physical world, you are often engaged in sports that require dexterity, such as motorcycling or hang gliding. You will rarely have time for flights of fancy or unproductive discussion. Constraints on your freedom will be regarded as a personal attack.

Hardly describes me at all. I doubt if it diagnoses anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

What a bizarre test.

Mine was this...
    You have a poetic sensibility and an ability to see beyond the day to day. You often seem to be living in a higher realm, or to be not-of-this-earth. Occasionally you imagine interior lives for friends and associates that are near-complete fabrications based on your fears or hopes for the future. You are often not aware of your own feelings. You have a strong sense of right and wrong, and because of this are often disappointed. Despite what can sometimes be a destructive inward-turning anger, you are very gentle. You are sometimes a bit out of touch with the ebb and flow of modern life. If your behavior is out of synch with your moral values, a severe psychic disturbance can result. Because connectivity is so important to you, you can become quiet and sulky if you feel that others around do not understand your point of view.

Strangely enough, that does describe me quite well, but I think that could be down to coincidence more than anything else. His blog doesn't give any from of insight into his qualifications or the reasoning behind it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Well, thats certaintly one of the stranger pysche tests I've seen and taken on the internet. As for my result;
    You have a poetic sensibility and an ability to see beyond the day to day. You often seem to be living in a higher realm, or to be not-of-this-earth. Occasionally you imagine interior lives for friends and associates that are near-complete fabrications based on your fears or hopes for the future. You are often not aware of your own feelings. You have a strong sense of right and wrong, and because of this are often disappointed. Despite what can sometimes be a destructive inward-turning anger, you are very gentle. You are sometimes a bit out of touch with the ebb and flow of modern life. If your behavior is out of synch with your moral values, a severe psychic disturbance can result. Because connectivity is so important to you, you can become quiet and sulky if you feel that others around do not understand your point of view.

This seems to describe fairly me well, kind of odd really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Reminds me of the end of the internet webpage. It's just one of those little anomalies drawing on our attraction to mysteries.
    Nicely put together though, and if you take the time to read the blogposts, it does add a certain something to the experience.
    I'm going to recommend Every Day The Same Dream, a webgame, to you all. I've a feeling some of you will enjoy it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Here is what I got even though I haven't a clue what the hell I was answering:confused:

Diagnosis....
    Always happy in a crowd, you love to converse, to relate, and above all to have fun. You tend to think in a more holistic manner than many others. Like a crow you are attracted to shiny objects, new ideas, playful exciting colors and the thrill of a new personal relationship. You love to talk or gossip. You are highly invested in the reality of day-to-day life. Practicality is far more important than issues of honor or allegiance. You are a creature of the here and now. You are a natural multi-tasker, often switching mid-thought from one duty to another. You have a flair for presenting your personality in your work, and are known as a great storyteller and natural actor. You are very skilled at taking in a barrage of information and distilling what is most important from it. Naturally charming, you are quick to win new friends. Over stimulation is a danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

how very weird ! and most of the diagnosis doesn't seem to apply to me, in fact, other than a distaste for rules most of it is utterly wrong.

Diagnosis: You are in a perpetual quest to find the new, the exciting. Emotionally volatile, you are known for sudden changes of opinion, of appreciation, and behavior. Following rules and established methods is difficult for you and the difficulties of higher education are usually quite daunting. Knowledge is best gained through an intimate association with the matter at hand. Usually driven by attitudes and desires of the group, you are talented in an established field of endeavor. Emotions come and go without a strong understanding of their causes. They are unexpected guests in an otherwise placid landscape. You live by your own codes of conduct, which can be noble or terrible depending on the individual. Authority is meaningless to you. You hate to be predictable, at all costs. Rarely verbally effusive, you can at times feel as if your feelings are too deep for words. You are very observant, but rarely express these observations to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Same here, apart from being unaware or disdainful of certain social conventions and lazy with verbal communication, its mostly wrong, I'm practically never in the here and now, am very impractical and have zero interest in all sports, most of the conversations I'm interested involve theoretical ideas and hypothetical situations, I have zero interest in sports, especially ones requiring dexterity as I'm not dexterous at all and am essentially clumsy, except with musical instruments.

Handy in the real world manipulation of objects and events, you are easily enthused by practical projects. You often ignore or conveniently forget rules and boundaries that limit your freedom. This need for freedom extends even to the personal sphere and though you are kind and gentle, you will often be hard to pin down to a monogamous lifestyle. Because you tend to verbalize so seldom, you can be seen as phlegmatic or impassive. In moments of high tension you can often surprise those around you with a lighthearted or humorous remark. Because of your facility with the physical world, you are often engaged in sports that require dexterity, such as motorcycling or hang gliding. You will rarely have time for flights of fancy or unproductive discussion. Constraints on your freedom will be regarded as a personal attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Full.Duck

I dont get this test at all. What the hell am i answering. The result is close enough though.

Though quiet on the outside, you are often the hidden hero; someone who rushes in when needed and then after the emergency is over fades back into the woodwork. Because of this sense of duty and honor, you can also on occasion be rigid in your viewpoint and unyielding in the face of other ways of thinking. Usually cynical and rarely trusting of others, you maintain a small set of intimate friends. These bonds are stronger than most. You are always grounded in the present moment. Your close bonds can also lead to clique-ishness and a tendency to gossip about those who are deemed less worthy. You are an integrative thinker, collecting data from a wide range of sources and applying it to your worldview. You can become overly task-oriented. In stressful situations you often withdraw from the world to seek peace in contemplation. You often seem cold and withdrawn. Often you will withdraw rather than verbalize your discontent.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

What crazy fool devised this test? And who would continue to do it after 3 or 4 questions? What a waste of time.:mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Nevore wrote: »
    Reminds me of the end of the internet webpage. It's just one of those little anomalies drawing on our attraction to mysteries.
    Nicely put together though, and if you take the time to read the blogposts, it does add a certain something to the experience.
    I'm going to recommend Every Day The Same Dream, a webgame, to you all. I've a feeling some of you will enjoy it. :)

That was very cool. Brazil's been animated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Galen

Besides the headache it gave me, it says that I have a poetic sensibility and an ability to see beyond the day to day. You often seem to be living in a higher realm, or to be not-of-this-earth. plus plenty more bs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

Oh my dear Jesus. That is by far the greatest thing I've ever seen on the internet.

Holy Jesus! I couldn't have described myself better. Absolutely outstanding.

Heres mine: Though quiet on the outside, you are often the hidden hero; someone who rushes in when needed and then after the emergency is over fades back into the woodwork. Because of this sense of duty and honor, you can also on occasion be rigid in your viewpoint and unyielding in the face of other ways of thinking. Usually cynical and rarely trusting of others, you maintain a small set of intimate friends. These bonds are stronger than most. You are always grounded in the present moment. Your close bonds can also lead to clique-ishness and a tendency to gossip about those who are deemed less worthy. You are an integrative thinker, collecting data from a wide range of sources and applying it to your worldview. You can become overly task-oriented. In stressful situations you often withdraw from the world to seek peace in contemplation. You often seem cold and withdrawn. Often you will withdraw rather than verbalize your discontent.

I am without words...

Do I sense a touch of sarcasm? I hope you're being sarcastic, at least!

Do I sense a touch of sarcasm? I hope you're being sarcastic, at least!

Me? No. It described me so well. Quite unbelievable.

Me? No. It described me so well. Quite unbelievable.

Ok, well if the case is that you're not being sarcastic I'll address the points you've put in bold.
    Test wrote:
    you can also on occasion be rigid in your viewpoint and unyielding in the face of other ways of thinking.

I've highlighted the important phrase (as I'll do in all of my points). I'd doubt you'd disagree that any single person wouldn't say that, on occassion, the above wouldn't apply to them. Don't you think? It applies to every single person, especially in self assessment.
    Test wrote:
    Usually cynical and rarely trusting of others, you maintain a small set of intimate friends.

I don't need to address the latter half of that sentence, as it applies to the vast majority of people. Almost everybody has a small set of intimate friends. As for the former half: It's a hit-or-miss statement. It'll either apply to you or it won't. In your case it has applied to you. Just look at all of the phrases you didn't highlight. They're all misses, yet you ignore them. It just so happens that the above is a hit, but in the face of all of the misses, that means nothing.
    Test wrote:
    a tendency to gossip about those who are deemed less worthy.

Again, it's a hit-or-miss statement. And, even at that, it's a rather vague one. Most people gossip, even if they'd like to believe that they don't.
    test wrote:
    You are an integrative thinker, collecting data from a wide range of sources and applying it to your worldview.

Another blanket statement that, in self assessment, everybody would like to apply to themselves.
    Test wrote:
    In stressful situations you often withdraw from the world to seek peace in contemplation. You often seem cold and withdrawn.

It's funny how much the above contradicts the very first sentence, namely: "someone who rushes in when needed and then after the emergency is over fades back into the woodwork." That's the opposite of somebody who withdraws under stressful situations, wouldn't you agree? So, either one of the statements will apply to you. Hit-or-miss. And, once the hit is seen, the miss is disregarded.

That's how these things work (horoscopes, angel readings, speaking with the dead, etc., etc.). Some statements will apply to everybody, especially in self assessment, e.g. "you are intelligent". It doesn't matter if you're not intelligent, you'd like to think that you are (speaking in general, of course). Other statements will be hit-or-miss. In 10 statements a person might get one hit (which is inevitable), yet 9 misses. That person, if gullible, will, almost subconsciously, disregard the misses and focus on the hits.

If you learn to think about thinking then these forms of cons become blatently apparent.

Ok, well if the case is that you're not being sarcastic I'll address the points you've put in bold.

I've highlighted the important phrase (as I'll do in all of my points). I'd doubt you'd disagree that any single person wouldn't say that, on occassion, the above wouldn't apply to them. Don't you think? It applies to every single person, especially in self assessment.

I don't need to address the latter half of that sentence, as it applies to the vast majority of people. Almost everybody has a small set of intimate friends. As for the former half: It's a hit-or-miss statement. It'll either apply to you or it won't. In your case it has applied to you. Just look at all of the phrases you didn't highlight. They're all misses, yet you ignore them. It just so happens that the above is a hit, but in the face of all of the misses, that means nothing.

Again, it's a hit-or-miss statement. And, even at that, it's a rather vague one. Most people gossip, even if they'd like to believe that they don't.

Another blanket statement that, in self assessment, everybody would like to apply to themselves.

It's funny how much the above contradicts the very first sentence, namely: "someone who rushes in when needed and then after the emergency is over fades back into the woodwork." That's the opposite of somebody who withdraws under stressful situations, wouldn't you agree? So, either one of the statements will apply to you. Hit-or-miss. And, once the hit is seen, the miss is disregarded.

That's how these things work (horoscopes, angel readings, speaking with the dead, etc., etc.). Some statements will apply to everybody, especially in self assessment, e.g. "you are intelligent". It doesn't matter if you're not intelligent, you'd like to think that you are (speaking in general, of course). Other statements will be hit-or-miss. In 10 statements a person might get one hit (which is inevitable), yet 9 misses. That person, if gullible, will, almost subconsciously, disregard the misses and focus on the hits.

If you learn to think about thinking then these forms of cons become blatently apparent.

I do agree with you, I despise horoscopes, etc. But if you knew me personally you would have to laugh. The phrases I highlighted describe me perfectly. All the other phrases still describe me just not as specific.

Usually I discard these things as balderdash, but this was extremely accurate.

I do agree with you, I despise horoscopes, etc. But if you knew me personally you would have to laugh. The phrases I highlighted describe me perfectly. All the other phrases still describe me just not as specific.

Usually I discard these things as balderdash, but this was extremely accurate.

That's interesting. As I said above, if there is any science behind it I'd love to see it. It's a very strange, interesting test. So, perhaps it was just lucky in your case where it got a lot of direct hits. Or, it's genuine, and can tell a lot about a person.

It'd be interesting for you to take the test again and see do you get a similar result. Provided, of course, you forget what the questions were and what answers you gave the first time around.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

That's interesting. As I said above, if there is any science behind it I'd love to see it. It's a very strange, interesting test. So, perhaps it was just lucky in your case where it got a lot of direct hits. Or, it's genuine, and can tell a lot about a person.

It'd be interesting for you to take the test again and see do you get a similar result. Provided, of course, you forget what the questions were and what answers you gave the first time around.

Methinks you are too kind.
    Behind this, I see someone with a natty graphics program who decided to chance his arm with an animated, unverified version of the Rorschach test.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Well, that's a strange test! Here's what I got :

"Thoughtful to the extreme, you are often obsessed with perfection and the rules governing your own personal interests. Your world is black and white. You love to work within a logical system, such as language, computer programming or mathematics. Manipulating a system that can be completely understood is a distinct pleasure to you, because of your confidence in the underlying veracity of your belief system. Because of your appreciation for logic and order, those who speak or think in a sloppy manner are apt to generate more than their fair share of wrath. Although very amiable, you are not drawn to friendships out of a sense of personal need. You are just as happy by yourself with a good book or puzzle. Because you are so involved with thought, you will on occasion have difficulty dealing with the day-to-day problems of normal life. Taking out the trash, doing the dishes, these are left until the last possible moment, if done at all."

Quite accurate, except that last line. I always do the dishes right away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Always happy in a crowd, you love to converse, to relate, and above all to have fun. You tend to think in a more holistic manner than many others. Like a crow you are attracted to shiny objects, new ideas, playful exciting colors and the thrill of a new personal relationship. You love to talk or gossip. You are highly invested in the reality of day-to-day life. Practicality is far more important than issues of honor or allegiance. You are a creature of the here and now. You are a natural multi-tasker, often switching mid-thought from one duty to another. You have a flair for presenting your personality in your work, and are known as a great storyteller and natural actor. You are very skilled at taking in a barrage of information and distilling what is most important from it. Naturally charming, you are quick to win new friends. Over stimulation is a danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

Thoughtful to the extreme, you are often obsessed with perfection and the rules governing your own personal interests. Your world is black and white. You love to work within a logical system, such as language, computer programming, or mathematics. Manipulating a system that can be completely understood is a distinct pleasure to you, because of your confidence in the underlying veracity of your belief system. Because of your appreciation for logic and order, those who speak or think in a sloppy manner are apt to generate more than their share of wrath. Although very amiable, you are not drawn to friendships out of a sense of personal need. You are just as happy by yourself with a good book or puzzle. Because you are so involved with thought, you will on occasion have difficulty dealing with the day-to-day problems of a normal life. Taking out the trash, doing the dishes, these are often left until the last possible moment, if at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

Verbally and mentally fluid, you are refreshing and illuminating to those around you. This is occasionally somewhat discounted by the obvious pleasure that you take in exercising your mental acuity. Although generally peaceful you can often take a verbally aggressive tact in relations with the world, which can often be misunderstood by those around you. Innovative in the extreme, you can often think yourself right out of the correct answer to a given problem. Many times you are referred to as your own worst enemy. You tire very quickly of routine and so make poor clerks or administrative help. You also have no respect for authority and little patience for those you regard as inferior, most especially those in charge. Experimentation is your watchword and can occasionally lead to experience for its own sake and shallow decadence. Your thought can sometimes be scattered and disconnected.

Stuff in bold is accurate enough although I'm on the "horoscopes" side overall.

Interesting ideas in the test though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,939 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The stuff in bold is absolutely true, the stuff in italics is absolutely untrue. The rest is meh. It is amusing that the 'moments of high tension' bit is described as surprise, rather than annoy or irritate, which might be more accurate!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,939 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The stuff in bold is absolutely true, the stuff in italics is absolutely untrue. The rest is meh. I am amused by the humorous remark bit being described as 'surprise those around you' rather than annoy or irritate!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

Load of rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

"You are always grounded in the present moment."
    I wish mate I am always reliving the past or fantasising about the future!

Its an art project I tell yeee!

Try the http://www.colorquiz.com/
    Far better than this for what its trying to be, the vague neuroses are much more entertaining

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

You are not a leader of men but an organizer of men. You need order and organization to feel secure about your life. You will usually have extensive knowledge of your family history and tradition. You have little use for things that are not useful. Hard work, thrift and dedication are the way to your heart. You will always deal with others in a steadfast and straightforward manner, and will consequently expect others to behave the same way. The strange, the illicit, the unusual, have no place in your mindset. Proper planning and organization is a distinct pleasure to you. Because of your sense of responsibility, you will often accept leadership roles that can be onerous and difficult. Your thinking is sequential. Relationships for you often revolve around a sense of mutual responsibility. Good parenting is of prime importance, as is the duties that one lover has to another. You are intensely loyal, but on occasion can be so obsessed with the duties of a relationship that you can forget to address the private moments that give a relationship meaning. Oddly, you can be extremely sentimental.

Now that's BS of the first order!

EDIT: Just read more about it, and it seems the guy who devised this "test" got paid for doing so!! Where can I make $$$ pulling random shapes out of my head, and pairing them with random questions pulled from my arse?!

Advertisement