Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEED HELP!! math's grinds and some advice

• 29-02-2012 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

first off im looking for math's grinds for engineering math's have an exam at the end of march and need help wit complex numbers and some parts of algebra i have past papers to work off its the dit entrance exam

second im looking for an engineer to give me advice to wat college is like coz im falling behind on all the theory but i no the practical side will be no problem i dont have a problem understanding wats going on and i no how things work but things like complex numbers just boggles me and the report writing is hard to get on the paper to the way the teachers want it

my background

im 26 qualified carpenter and all round handy man can pretty much do any thing i put my mind to (not reports or homework) iv always had an interest in electronics so i wanted to do it but never did well in school im dyslexic and its only now that im getting a chance to go back as a mature student but the plc corse im doing now is just like school feel bogged down with written work im not a head in a book type of man id rader do i learn quicker that way iv applied for level 7 and 8 mechatronics in blanchardstown

hope this all makes sence and i get some proper advice thanks in advance sorry about the grammer

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I'm not fully sure were exactly you're studying at the moment but Engineers Ireland have online tutorials in Maths for the Leaving that may be of help to you:

http://www.steps.ie/maths/maths-video/videos.aspx

Some colleges have a specialized Maths learning centre so check out of your college has one. They're there to help students with any Maths problems they may have. Or if you're doing an entrance exam contact the college and ask them for any possible help.

Regarding report writing DCU have a good website on how to do them:

http://www.mecheng.dcu.ie/reports/section_1.htm

One good trick is to print out and then read over your report at the end. You'd be surprised at how many mistakes you'd missed on the computer screen that are in the actual paper copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭D-OLEARY

thanks u there very helpfull i have been using steps befor just need some 1 to 1 grinds

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

Get in touch with the DIT student union. They will probably have a record of students that provide grinds to other students. A large portion of these would be engineer students aswell so you may be able to ask them any other questions you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ray giraffe

I can give you Engineering Maths Grinds, only €40 per hour. Details here!

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

I'm struggling with C programming and or Mathlab.
    Need grinds. I'm in the dublin area.
    Any takers?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Dunphus

megapixel wrote: »
    I'm struggling with C programming and or Mathlab.
    Need grinds. I'm in the dublin area.
    Any takers?

There's a lot of stuff for these two online. I was trying to give myself a matlab refresher and found plenty of stuff online from primers to specific topics like loops and dynamic systems. Same with C, C#, C+ etc. I would imagine.

If you haven't had a gander maybe give it a google and you might find something helpful if you're stuck!

Advertisement