Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vimeo Video embedding

• 13-04-2010 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Any chance you could install this to enable vimeo embedding along side the youtube one?

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=180921

Vimeo is fast becoming a big site and is full of really good projects and High Def short films etc and it would be nice to have an on-board video rather than a dull link.

Cheers guys

Tallon

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I would +1 this proposal. Have started using Vimeo myself instead of YouTube lately.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I already asked for this a while back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Jonathan wrote: »
    I already asked for this a while back.

Well maybe you need to source a big stick and poke Conor :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Here's the code and graphic we use on Lolocaust. Don't say I never help. ;)

vimeo.jpg

Usage: [vv]ClipCodeNumber[/vv]
    <object width="425" height="350">
        <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" />
        <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" />
        <param name="movie" value="http://www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id={param}&amp;server=www.vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" />
        <embed src="http://www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id={param}&server=www.vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="425" height="350">
        </embed>
    </object>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

Added to the list.

As easy as it would be to just copy and paste the code from Hagar (thanks BTW), I don't want to just jump straight in. There are several multi-video smart embedding options which I'd like to investigate first. We came pretty close to installing one a few months back only to find that it could break the YouTube videos we already have so I don't want to make the problem harder by having to deal with a legacy of YouTube and Vimeo.

• Advertisement

Thanks so much man, really appreciate it...... :)

*off to upload moar videos

Any more on this Conor?

Tallon wrote: »
    Any more on this Conor?

Nope. I haven't had the time, sorry.

Conor wrote: »
    Nope. I haven't had the time, sorry.

No bother at all, just said I'd remind you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I'd also love to see this feature, uploaded quite a bit of underwater video clips on vimeo recently, would like to be able to embed on the scuba forum.

EDIT: Also great for time-lapses on the photo forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Has there been any progress on this? Just wondering :)

Nope, sorry. It's quite a way down a very long list.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭v.e.r.b.a.l

Any update on this??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Would be great to see this linked up, there's a wealth of quality original videos on Vimeo now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Bump, any chance of this happening soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

It's nowhere on the development plan to be completely honest

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

That's a shame, it would a handy additional feature, and smaller boards than this have a multiple video embedding configuration

I'm afraid we've got bigger tasks on our hands than implementing multi-video embedding plugins for software that's going away soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Any chance of adding youtube embed button to the quick reply box... I know I'm being very very lazy here :D

smash wrote: »
    Any chance of adding youtube embed button to the quick reply box... I know I'm being very very lazy here :D

There is a chance, but it falls under your previous request too - not that urgent :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

I'm afraid we've got bigger tasks on our hands than implementing multi-video embedding plugins for software that's going away soon.

So its been a year and one month.. has whatever "software" thats going away been done and can Vimeo integration (which is surely "off the shelf") be added to the Roadmap?

A year and a month on, and we're down to two developers but still making progress in removing vBulletin. You'll know when we migrate away from vBulletin since a lot of things will be different, and not just in a new-skin type of way :)

It's still on our list of things we'd like to implement but the status of this feature hasn't changed I'm afraid.

Danny

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement