Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen

• 13-11-2011 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

New album and tour in 2012 so we should start a thread.

Can all fans register their interest here please? I'll keep it updated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Common Sense

Count me in! Nice to have an Irish Forum. My Boards name is Common Sense but I name on Greasy Lake and Backstreets is Kavana.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,802 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Count me in! Nice to have an Irish Forum. My Boards name is Common Sense but I name on Greasy Lake and Backstreets is Kavana.

I'm drumbum on GL but tend to post only in the sports forum and read around the music parts! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Stabler008

Hey,

My name on greasy lake is Stabler009.
    Is it a fact that there's a new album and tour in 2012 or is it just a rumour???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 brendanbelfast

Hi all, new here though been on GL for a few years. An Irish date next year is almost nailed down, I was speaking to someone today who was able to tell me that negotiations with camp Bruce are well advanced for an outdoor, ESB show. No word on date yet.

Grab your ticket and your suitcase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭meep

Freakiest thing ever brendanbelfast, exactly as I read your lyric, LOHAD was kicking in and the first line was sung.

Did a double take!

Pixel from GL reporting for duty

really seriously thinking of doing a multi-show tour in Europe if it happens. Any advice? (getting tickets etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    New album and tour in 2012 so we should start a thread.

Can all fans register their interest here please? I'll keep it updated.

Regular visitor to Backstreets using same username. Count me in.

Lots of rumours on BTX re gigs with the ESB, including gigs in Israel, Sunderland, Hyde Park etc but nothing has been confirmed. BB's post here re an Irish gig is breaking news to me. So fingers crossed.

Very little re new album though there was talk of a solo project a few months back (absolutely nothing about an ESB project). It would seem a bit strange if he released a solo album and then toured with the band but who cares?

Wonder how they will fill Clarence's role?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Wonder how they will fill Clarence's role?

They can't. :(

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Excellent. Don't want to be morbid but chances to see Bruce in Ireland have to be running out:mad:. I'll be there for sure.
    What's this greasy lake thing?

Excellent. Don't want to be morbid but chances to see Bruce in Ireland have to be running out:mad:. I'll be there for sure.
    What's this greasy lake thing?

It's one of a number of message boards dedicated to the Boss:

http://www.greasylake.org/the-circuit/index.php?/forum/9-the-circuit-bruce-springsteen/

• Advertisement

meep wrote: »
    Freakiest thing ever brendanbelfast, exactly as I read your lyric, LOHAD was kicking in and the first line was sung.

Did a double take!

Pixel from GL reporting for duty

really seriously thinking of doing a multi-show tour in Europe if it happens. Any advice? (getting tickets etc.)
    I have only ever been as far afield as Paris, a one off, one show trip on the Rising Autumn tour, 2002. I did that through a travel agency which organised the tickets etc.

I would love to go to Barcelona or Milan, and if I did I would just book a flight directly, pick up tickets on Ticketmaster etc. But ££ is the issue with that kind of trip.

London is an easy trip so if Hyde Park rumour comes to pass I'll go there too.

I have only ever been as far afield as Paris, a one off, one show trip on the Rising Autumn tour, 2002. I did that through a travel agency which organised the tickets etc.

I would love to go to Barcelona or Milan, and if I did I would just book a flight directly, pick up tickets on Ticketmaster etc. But ££ is the issue with that kind of trip.

London is an easy trip so if Hyde Park rumour comes to pass I'll go there too.

Should have gone to Hyde Park last time....Paris is always an easy ticket - been there three times. Went to Cardiff, Mannheim and Santiago de Compostela as well.
    Definitely will go somewhere, but usually like to make it a good-value weekend away with my wife, book early, cheap flights etc., so it's not just a Bruce weekend.......makes things easy at home as well that way!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 The Ghost of Tom

Just joined up here after following the link from BTX. Also on Greasy Lake as 'ghostoftom'. 40 shows under the belt and itching for more! May have to put the wife and kids into second place if the rumours are true. Here's to 2012:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ill Follow the Sun

Hi all,
    European dates confirmed for next May-July, dates will be announced this week.

http://brucespringsteen.net/news/index.html

"Well, things are starting to heat up down on E Street.

A lot of you have been hearing that Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will be on tour in 2012. That is absolutely correct. The European dates run from the middle of May until end of July and are being announced this week. Info on the US dates and the World tour dates will coming up shortly.

In addition, we want you to know that the music is almost done (but still untitled), we have almost settled on the release date (but not quite yet), and that we are all incredibly excited about everything that we're planning for 2012. That's all the info we have for right now, but we'll get back to you--real soon."

:)

There was some speculation that Absolute Radio would announce Hyde Park headliners this morning. Maybe that prompted camp Springsteen to post this. Wonder will our dates be at beginning of Euro tour - in May?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

fantastic news indeed
    hope to catch him on a date outside of ireland on this tour also

According to BTX, shows confirmed for Sunderland FC on Thu 21 June and Man City on Fri 22 June. Also confirmed on http://www.hardrockcalling.co.uk, he will be headlining Hard Rock Calling on Sat 14 July . Presumably, any Irish shows (note the plural - being optimistic here) will happen around these dates.

Just discovered that he is also headlining the Isle of Wight festival on 24 June
    http://www.isleofwightfestival.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,990 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

21 June Sunderland, England Stadium of Light 3 Dec
    22 June Manchester, England Etihad Stadium TBA
    24 June Isle of Wight, England Isle of Wight Festival 25 Nov
    14 July London, England Hard Rock Calling 3 Dec

Dates announced so far

http://www.breakingnews.ie/entertainment/springsteen-to-tour-new-album-in-europe-and-us-529175.html

21/11/2011 - 10:21:51
    Bruce Springsteen has announced a new album and tour for 2012.

The 'Born to Run' hitmaker and his E Street Band have almost completed work on their latest as-yet-untitled record and are planning to play a series of European and US dates next summer.

The Boss will hit Irish shores on July 11 and 12 at Dublin's RDS.
    In a message to fans on his website Brucespringsteen.net, he wrote: "We want you to know that the music is almost done (but still untitled), we have almost settled on the release date (but not quite yet), and that we are all incredibly excited about everything that we're planning for 2012. That's all the info we have for right now, but we'll get back to you - real soon.”

Ron Aniello – who has previously worked with Gavin DeGraw and Bruce's wife Patti Scialfa - produced the new record.

This will be the first tour for Bruce and the E Street Band since 2009's 'Working on a Dream' concerts and also since the band's saxophonist Clarence Clemons died this summer.

Although the US dates have not yet been announced, the European leg of the tour which will run from the middle of May until end of July and include headlining slots at the Hard Rock Calling festival in London on July 14 and the UK's Isle of Wight festival on June 24.

John Giddings, Isle of Wight Festival promoter, said, “It's taken years to get him here, but it will have been worth the wait - he is one of the greatest acts of all time, it's going to be a classic year.”

Toby Leighton-Pope, promoter for Hard Rock Calling, said: "It's great to welcome Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band back to Hyde Park. They always put on a fantastic show and 2012 is set to be a special one."

Other dates announced so far in the UK include Sunderland on June 21 and Manchester on June 22.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭NTC

HAPPY HAPPY DAYS

Now, when do tickets go on sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Daveaherne

this is the best news you could ever get on a monday. cant wait for the irish shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kara123

Well done for getting this up and running, should hear about tickets later this week

Kara123 wrote: »
    Well done for getting this up and running, should hear about tickets later this week

Timing seems to have been pretty lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 MerryLegs

He has released his dates for UK so they presume he might come here too, hopefully! Fingers crossed.. il be stying up the night before they go on sale apparently his last tour in Ireland in 2009 he sold them out in 15 minutes.

MerryLegs wrote: »
    He has released his dates for UK so they presume he might come here too, hopefully! Fingers crossed.. il be stying up the night before they go on sale apparently his last tour in Ireland in 2009 he sold them out in 15 minutes.

There were tkts avilable for all in the end if I remember. However, possible tkt scarcity makes it all the more reason to have a little irish 'community' on boards.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Murmurs that he's playing Croke Pk?

I'll be saying my prayers it's not in June because heading to the European Championships for the bulk of the month.

Nunu wrote: »
    Murmurs that he's playing Croke Pk?

I'll be saying my prayers it's not in June because heading to the European Championships for the bulk of the month.
    17th July. Don't know venue yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭ Shane Sharp Juror

17th July. Don't know venue yet

Where did you get that date from?

There is another thread in Gigs & Events by the way if any of you haven't seen it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN & THE E STREET BAND,
    17th July 2012, RDS Arena, DUBLIN.

Tickets: 96.00 Euros & 86.00 Euros.
    Tickets go on sale next Thursday, 1st December at 9.00am from www.ticketmaster.ie & Ticketmaster outlets nationwide.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe.

Advertisement