Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

illicit fuel laundering

• 24-02-2012 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,634 ✭✭✭

breaking news.ie are running with a story about a filling station in county limerick falling foul of the customs, has anyone any more info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Passed a place called low price fuels, out next to curraghchase selling diesel for 1.41 this day last week. Was thinking there was something dodgy about that! Wouldn't surprise me if it was that place!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭Raiser

The government that replaced Fianna Fail in the sad, sad, hobsons choice scenario that was our last election continue to take ~50% of what you pay at the pumps..... Its extortionate and then when they have filled their own deep and greedy pockets with our money they then go on to squander the small remaining revenue in so, so many sickeningly stupid ways.....

- Long live the fuel bootleggers! They're not as bad as the filth that are selling off our state assets, robbing the poor people of this nation and slowly bleeding this dying country dry.

Its a pity Aldi and Lidl etc aren't allowed to sell fuel at a reasonable price in this country, seems like the whole notion on the EU breaking down borders and common market etc is not an obstacle to the Irish Citizen getting taken from behind by Fine Gael every 10 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

The local Centra is selling Kerosene in small containers (25l maybe) at
    the moment under the label of being emergancy fuel.

Never seen that before and found it odd that people are either so tight
    or have so little spare cash that they would buy it is such small quantities
    and its selling pretty well cos every time I goto the store I see people buying it.
    (and I usually stop off at the store daily)

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭Raiser

bullets wrote: »
    The local Centra is selling Kerosene in small containers (25l maybe) at
    the moment under the label of being emergancy fuel.

Never seen that before and found it odd that people are either so tight
    or have so little spare cash that they would buy it is such small quantities
    and its selling pretty well cos every time I goto the store I see people buying it.
    (and I usually stop off at the store daily)

~B

For what much money?

- Saw this before in a hardware shop and it was ridiculously expensive when compared with getting Emo etc to deliver. (Obviously volumes are diff but still)

Raiser wrote: »
    For what much money?

- Saw this before in a hardware shop and it was ridiculously expensive when compared with getting Emo etc to deliver. (Obviously volumes are diff but still)

Have not got a clue I never checked the price (its not labelled on them outside) as I've got Gas heating at home
    and the only reason I noticed was cos I locked my bike to the fuel cage when going into the shop. :D

~B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭firesidechat

- Long live the fuel bootleggers! They're not as bad as the filth that are selling off our state assets, robbing the poor people of this nation and slowly bleeding this dying country dry.
    Unlike the scum who dump the leftover sludge from their illegal activities on the side of the road.
    It contaminates our water and we must ship it over to germany to be processed.

Who is robbing the country of it's enviroment, damaging vehicles , trying to restart a war in the north and costing us to ship it abroad...?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

Unlike the scum who dump the leftover sludge from their illegal activities on the side of the road.
    It contaminates our water and we must ship it over to germany to be processed.

Who is robbing the country of it's enviroment, damaging vehicles , trying to restart a war in the north and costing us to ship it abroad...?
    Ah yes, the true Republicans from the oilfields of South Armagh

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭manna452121

The custom people were doing a major check at the Kilcornan station/Coach Inn in the last hour also Garda had a truck stopped at the nearby church.
    I posted this last thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,634 ✭✭✭flutered

a new filling station just outside tipp town on the limerick road is selling it for 146p per litre today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭jimbomalley

The government that replaced Fianna Fail in the sad, sad, hobsons choice scenario that was our last election continue to take ~50% of what you pay at the pumps..... Its extortionate and then when they have filled their own deep and greedy pockets with our money they then go on to squander the small remaining revenue in so, so many sickeningly stupid ways.....

Its a pity Aldi and Lidl etc aren't allowed to sell fuel at a reasonable price in this country, seems like the whole notion on the EU breaking down borders and common market etc is not an obstacle to the Irish Citizen getting taken from behind by Fine Gael every 10 mins.

right...until their dirty diesel f**ks up your fuel injectors and you have to fork out 1500euro to fix them...run for politics if you wanna fix things and reignite fianna fail rather than posting this tripe

• Advertisement

For what much money?

Passed by tonight and asked how much that was:
    20L of fuel for 30 Euro's
    If you bring back the empty container you get
    it for 25 Euro's.

(I have no clue if that's cheap or expensive)

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

bullets wrote: »
    Passed by tonight and asked how much that was:
    20L of fuel for 30 Euro's
    If you bring back the empty container you get
    it for 25 Euro's.

(I have no clue if that's cheap or expensive)

~B

Thats €1.25 a litre, you can buy kerosene at the pump for about €1.05

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

And had FF no exorbitant taxes on fuel ?
    Is this cheap fuel good for your car ?

Different questions,,,same answer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Locking this thread as it seems to be going down a rabbit hole of FF bashing as well as questions around quality of fuel.

If you want to discuss Politics, there are forums for that.
    If you want to discuss cheap fuels and their impact on your car, there are forums for that.

Also, I see the topic for this thread as being a topic on ongoing legal issues, so I am locking it for that reason as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement