Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Wii 4.3 hack: LetterBomb (No need for exploitable game)

• 09-08-2011 6:28pm

Up until now the only way to liberate your Wii console and enable the use of homebrew with System Menu 4.3 was to use a gamedisc based exploit such as “BatHaxx”, “Return of the Jodi” and others.

Today we are announcing a project that changes this completely and removes the requirement for an exploitable game.

In memory of BannerBomb, we present you with LetterBomb , a brand new System Menu exploit that will allow you to enable homebrew with the push of an envelope icon_wink.gif (no stamp licking involved)
    This exploit reuses (and abuses) some of some Nintendo’s Wii Messageboard functionality. icon_smile.gif
    You will need:
    • A Wii running System Menu 4.3 (E/U/J/K)
    • A SD(HC) card with some free space
    • Your Wii’s WiFi MAC Address (available from your Wii’s system settings). This is needed because the Wii will only accept messages addressed to its specific MAC address.
    • A few minutes of your time
    For this very special occasion we have created an easy-peasy webpage that takes away some of the pain that is usually involved with getting homebrew onto your system:
    http://please.hackmii.com

http://hackmii.com/2011/08/letterbomb/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

i've been out of the wii scene for too long, are wiikey's useless now, have a few of there lying around here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Today - Nice, no more €200 lego games.
    Next Week - Nintendo announce System Menu 4.4
    Next Month - €200 Lego games again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

EnterNow wrote: »
    Today - Nice, no more €200 lego games.
    Next Week - Nintendo announce System Menu 4.4
    Next Month - €200 Lego games again.

Do not update, problem solved :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Do not update, problem solved :)

I'm a 4.2 man true & true. That being said, the last time I powered the Wii on was in 2010 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

I was wondering when this was gonna arrive!

I was lucky, I managed to pick up copy of Lego Indiana Jones a few months back for just thirty quid. :D

I just wish Ninty would provide useful updates for the Wii, in regards features, as opposed to security updates. Granted, the security updates are a necessity, but we haven't gotten any neat new features on the Wii in far too long. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭bullpost

My console is on 4.2E and last time i looked it was pretty difficult to softmod it.
    Should I upgrade to 4.3 now as it sounds like this will make it more straightforward to mod?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

bullpost wrote: »
    My console is on 4.2E and last time i looked it was pretty difficult to softmod it.
    Should I upgrade to 4.3 now as it sounds like this will make it more straightforward to mod?

Either way is fine I use smash brothers with a game save exploit to install custom firmware

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

ya go for it !

@justRyan i wouldnt class the homebrew channel as custom firmware #justSayin :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

iPwnage wrote: »
    ya go for it !

@justRyan i wouldnt class the homebrew channel as custom firmware #justSayin :D

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭bullpost

Upgraded to 4.3 and used letterbomb.
    Very straightforward and now have installed homebrew , browser and media centre.

Happy days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement