Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Madden NFL 12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    is there any interest in getting a PS3 league going this year...

would consider picking it up if there was enough other lads to get a bit of a league going but other wise I might give it a miss this year and stick to NCAA for the year :)
    yep hard to start remember asking last year seems to be all xbox doh..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Would there be any chance of picking this up somewhere tomorrow, I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

If i decide to get Madden instead NCAA then im up for PS3 league.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Just ordered this from Amazon along with a new 3 month live membership. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭Raoul

Thought I would transfer this over here:

Can we start making a list for Madden 12?

Who is getting it and what date with the aim of getting a draft going asap?

Raoul - Tuesday 6th of September

Berty - Saturday 3rd of September

UnitedIrishman - Saturday 3rd of September

helimachopter - Saturday 3rd of September

Raze_them_all - Saturday 3rd of September

SantryRed - Saturday 3rd of September

Adrian522 - Whenever Amazon deliver - probably early next week

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Adrian522 - Whenever Amazon deliver - probably early next week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭Raoul

Where is the cheapest place to get this? I usually trade in my old madden, usually to xtra vision.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Raoul wrote: »
    Where is the cheapest place to get this? I usually trade in my old madden, usually to xtra vision.
    I posted the online prices above. Think someone said its 45 in xtra vision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

mikemac - Friday, September second

was in xtravision there now...they only ordered 4copys in 2xbox 2ps3...asked ya boy behind the counter to hold one then he pulls the copy out..you can get it tommorow watta tease i coulda punched him why cant they give them out a tad early..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Must pick this up this year.

Haven't been Madden in ages, love those games

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Rang HMV earlier. Selling it tomorrow and I was told €56.99.

Should be cheaper in Xtravision and they sometimes give a free movie away with games, ie. I got 'The Hurricane' with Fight Night, so hopefully they give out a good American Footy flick.

its 50 in xtravision...no word of a free movie though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I think i will buy Madden 12 this year. Ive been playing Madden 10 since it came out and got so attached to my team that i cant let go. Even playing the other day i dont want to let go because ive drafted so well over the last 2 seasons :pac:

Im interested in an online franchise but ive never done the draft process so im very much a newb in that aspect. I will see how my bets go this week before i will know when i will buy the game. It will be hard to say goodbye to my Madden 10 team :(

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Anyone been into the stores, and know who is giving the best deal on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Played the demo last night. Really enjoyed it. Shall definitely be picking it up after work. The overall presentation looks very polished compared to last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Played this in the states for a few hours the night it came out. I won't pretend to be a madden expert, but I thought the game was a decent upgrade on 11. Gone were the shoutouts that seemed to come with the territory in 11. Receivers don't get open as easy and the run game is more important than it was. The flip side with recievers is that they will hang onto the ball when struck directly after the catch, perhaps a little unrealisticly at times.

The kicking system is revamped and much more difficult, at the beginning anyway. The single biggest difference to the game is the tackling. The hits are harder and more realistic. But the best part is when a player is in space. Gone are the days when on a kick return you make on player miss and you're gone to the house with any bit of room. It was very frustrating to have another player get away and basically having no chance of tackling him even if you get a player close. In only a few hours play there were many great stops and spectacular ankle taps etc which made the game much better. The presentation is also brilliant.

The game had a couple of funny bits. 50% of the time my Vick happy friend scrambled he got called back for holding etc on the offence. Seems like they want to make that fairer as I heard that playing online with the eagles last year was ridiculous for a period. Anyway, that's my take

playing it here its very good so far...also the eagles are the shindigity in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I'd be up for a PS3 league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

picked it up, you can't just hail mary the cpu to death anymore!! Haven't managed a punt return over 10 yards yet. Improves on 11 in everyway :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

picked it up, you can't just hail mary the cpu to death anymore!! Haven't managed a punt return over 10 yards yet. Improves on 11 in everyway :-)

What's Brady's hair like?

Serious question!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭TheHumanOnion

Faker74 wrote: »
    Anyone been into the stores, and know who is giving the best deal on this?

€50 in Xtravision and €50 in Gamestop

That's how much it is in Waterford anyway... assuming it'll be the same across the country

I wonder if xtravision are giving a free DVD

They constantly do this with new games

Have seen most of the AF films but I won't say no

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    What's Brady's hair like?

Serious question!

Dandruff free with a sweet smell of strawberry.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

mikemac wrote: »
    I wonder if xtravision are giving a free DVD

They constantly do this with new games

Have seen most of the AF films but I won't say no

No, not this time.

I got the last Madden 12 on 360 in Xtravision Greystones. Bray didnt get any in and have none on route. The stores that did get copies in only got around 4 for each console to sell, so if you are planning on getting Madden in an Xtravision, call first and ask them to hold it would be my advice.

Now... Time for some Madden! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Just got mine, would be interested in a league on xbox, ravens,
    My GT is triangle king

Happy to report the online is as frustrating as always.Anybody wanna game on ps3??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

€50 in Gamestop on Henry St, Dublin, picked it up at lunch.

€50 in xtravision Ballyfermot, picked up at lunchtime. Mikeyt086 is correct, the stores only have about four copies each to sell so xtravision could be sold out by this evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭TheHumanOnion

Gamestop in Waterford only got 3 copies, so made sure I reserved mine :D

Am kinda surprised that stores are only getting a handful of copies though. They're usually fairly popular games like, even among some non-football fans

Advertisement