Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harrys Future

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I see the rags are saying HR will bring Jordan,Bond, Allen and Parkes with him to Eng position :eek:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

^ not a major issue to me, I'd say most top managers would have their own backroom team ya know?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,312 ✭✭✭VanZan

Hatch99 wrote: »
    I see the rags are saying HR will bring Jordan,Bond, Allen and Parkes with him to Eng position :eek:
    Allen? Clive Allen? Not a chance will he leave Spurs. The others are 'Arry's men though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭golfball37

Watching the Sunday Supplement yesterday and it was suggested by 2 of the reporters that Arry may just take over for the Euros as he'd be mad to leave Tottenham.

It wouldn't impact on us at all if this were true and wouldn't be surprised if it were possible. They also said the compo bill would run close to 30m if the FA took all of Spurs backroom staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

golfball37 wrote: »
    Watching the Sunday Supplement yesterday and it was suggested by 2 of the reporters that Arry may just take over for the Euros as he'd be mad to leave Tottenham.

It wouldn't impact on us at all if this were true and wouldn't be surprised if it were possible. They also said the compo bill would run close to 30m if the FA took all of Spurs backroom staff.

Yeah, thats a kind of win-win situation for everyone.
    Harry gets to achieve his dream of managing england and we get our manager back for next seasons title challenge.

Okay, it leave the FA a bit screwed but do they really want to take another risk of spending 15-20 million on a contract for a new manager that might completely fall on its face.

Its no like giving Harry a short term deal is going to impact how they perform at the euro's - no matter who comes in it going to be very difficult to achieve anything major in such a short space of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

golfball37 wrote: »

Yeah,I could actually see this happening,Harry doing the Euros with England and then coming back to Spurs.

Looks like that the angle Harry is looking for...

HARRY REDKNAPP has opened the door to becoming England manager by claiming the job could be done part-time for Euro 2012.

Tottenham boss Redknapp has previously insisted it would be impossible to manage his country and remain in charge of a Premier League club.
    But the 64-year-old now admits as a one-off project, leading the Three Lions at Euro 2012 could be a goer.
    He said: "I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't the popular choice. I know I am, it's been everywhere, in every paper every day.
    "But it's not an easy one. I have a good job and I work with good people and I have a good team.
    "The fans have been fantastic to me. Just to walk away now, when we're in such a good position, it wouldn't be fair, it wouldn't be fair on Tottenham.
    "I have to really keep focusing on Tottenham.
    "Part-time? In the short term I think it's possible for the European Championships.
    "But I think in the long-term it's not possible to manage a club team and manage a national team.
    "It's difficult enough to manage in the Premier League without having to worry about managing the England team as well.
    "You want to be watching England players play, you want to be watching the opposition.
    "I think, whoever they give the job to could only do the one job.
    "Maybe for the Euros, it's not such a problem but once the Euros are finished and the new season starts in England, the manager has to be a Premier League manager — if it's someone who manages in the Premier League — or the England manager.
    "To do the two jobs, it would be impossible."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

HARRY REDKNAPP has opened the door to becoming England manager by claiming the job could be done part-time for Euro 2012.

Tottenham boss Redknapp has previously insisted it would be impossible to manage his country and remain in charge of a Premier League club.
    But the 64-year-old now admits as a one-off project, leading the Three Lions at Euro 2012 could be a goer.
    He said: "I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't the popular choice. I know I am, it's been everywhere, in every paper every day.
    "But it's not an easy one. I have a good job and I work with good people and I have a good team.
    "The fans have been fantastic to me. Just to walk away now, when we're in such a good position, it wouldn't be fair, it wouldn't be fair on Tottenham.
    "Part-time? In the short term I think it's possible for the European Championships.
    "But I think in the long-term it's not possible to manage a club team and manage a national team.
    "It's difficult enough to manage in the Premier League without having to worry about managing the England team as well.
    "You want to be watching England players play, you want to be watching the opposition.
    "Maybe for the Euros, it's not such a problem but once the Euros are finished and the new season starts in England, the manager has to be a Premier League manager — if it's someone who manages in the Premier League — or the England manager.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7525638/Part-time-Harry-unworkable-

Keith Mills says even part-time role isn't workable. This will drag on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

irishmover wrote: »

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7525638/Part-time-Harry-unworkable-

Keith Mills says even part-time role isn't workable. This will drag on.

Smith on Sunday supplement this morning said Harry to England is a done deal , an absolute certainty

He has also heard that levy will look for 15 million compo

Yet another rag says Jamie wants his Dad to stay at spurs and is negotiating a new contract with levy.

• Advertisement

If we get 15M compo and its directly re-invested into the salary of the new boss then we might have a chance if getting one of the top managers.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

My candidate for the potential job Guus hiddink has a gone to Russian side
    Anzhi Makhachkala

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Sitting with Stuart Pearce :eek:

article-0-11E21653000005DC-818_468x307.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Sitting with Stuart Pearce :eek:

article-0-11E21653000005DC-818_468x307.jpg

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/spurs-want-united-defensive-target

Hopefully this was why!

Was gonna stick this in the Arsenal thread but it probably belongs in here.

We all wondered how the team would respond to the England job talk.
    1st game afterwards and we hammered Newcastle in easily our best performance of the season. But to be fair i think the performance was probably a response to Harry's trial result as much as anything.

Since then we played Stevenage and we were muck, we wrote that one off to the romance of the FA cup. Yesterday we were destroyed by Arsenal plain and simple. Its very worrying and with Man U up next another defeat is looming... hopefully the performace will be much better.

Was gonna stick this in the Arsenal thread but it probably belongs in here.

We all wondered how the team would respond to the England job talk.
    1st game afterwards and we hammered Newcastle in easily our best performance of the season. But to be fair i think the performance was probably a response to Harry's trial result as much as anything.

Since then we played Stevenage and we were muck, we wrote that one off to the romance of the FA cup. Yesterday we were destroyed by Arsenal plain and simple. Its very worrying and with Man U up next another defeat is looming... hopefully the performace will be much better.

I think he was shown up tactically yesterday and he got team selection wrong. In saying that, I wont lose the plot over one result. We need to avoid defeat next sunday.

Yeah, at this stage I would take two draws in the next two games as it will be good for morale not to be beaten but 2 points from 9 is woeful.

Harry to be frank, has more cons than pros. However all cons are outweighed by the one pro which is the players want to play for him.

If he goes, then who would follow him? Would we get a manager who can handle the players and remove HR's cons? Difficult to say.

But yeh I wouldn't put the Newcastle game down as any significance. They were without their starting CM's and played attacking style away from home. It wasn't gonna end well. We just took advantage. I expected us to win 3-0 that day once I seen the lineups. Just look at our results in 2012. Hardly anything to write home about. A repeat of February - May of 2011 in 2012 has been a worry for me since Christmas time. It is very much possible we'll go the same path.

Man Utd then chelsea soon after. Fail to get 2+ points from those two and we're right into a battle for 3rd and 4th. Within 2 weeks we could see a 5 way battle for 3rd/4th.

Man utd is never a good game for us, home or away. Chelsea has been a better game but who knows with them. They could do what arsenal done to us.

Other spurs forums are a cringe. Full of too many fickle fans. Things like 'king is past it' and Modric isn't worth 10m are unreal.

I'll reserve my judgment of Harry until our final league position is confirmed. If we fail to finish in the top 4, regardless of FA cup success/failure then I would say its time for him to move on. For now we're 7 points clear of 4th with plenty of football to play. Wouldn't have thought that at the start of the season. Considering the signings we made and the start we had.

Your point about our team form been the same as this time last year is well made. I'd also be worried by Bale's form matching that of 12 months ago too. Maybe he needs a rest.

The rest of the players will pick themselves up fine. So BAE had a stinker, so what, its better that he made 3 mistakes in one game rather then 3 in 3 seperate games and cost us more points.

I'm sure the players feel they let the fans down on Sunday and the next game cant come quick enough so they can lay the ghost of the emirates to rest and move on.

Your point about our team form been the same as this time last year is well made. I'd also be worried by Bale's form matching that of 12 months ago too. Maybe he needs a rest.

The rest of the players will pick themselves up fine. So BAE had a stinker, so what, its better that he made 3 mistakes in one game rather then 3 in 3 seperate games and cost us more points.

I'm sure the players feel they let the fans down on Sunday and the next game cant come quick enough so they can lay the ghost of the emirates to rest and move on.

You would have to wonder about BAE's fitnes for the match though. If he wasn't fit and played I'd be more annoyed about his performance than if he was fit.

Lennon last season with a bust up with HR rings a bell. But if you don't feel fit it's better to not play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Yeah, at this stage I would take two draws in the next two games as it will be good for morale not to be beaten but 2 points from 9 is woeful.

Not as woeful as you make it sound considering we would have played Arsenal and Everton away (both very tricky fixtures) aswell as the Champions at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

is harry future affecting the team now? last few performances and results especially have been disappointing. is this the reason??

keane=cock wrote: »
    is harry future affecting the team now? last few performances and results especially have been disappointing. is this the reason??

There is no doubt about it my mind...
    Even if he wants the job he needs to come out and make a big statement to say he's going to stay on nrxt season.
    The FA can come looking in May and by then the season is over.
    The FA have really screwed us over by delaying their decision. Now the spurs players dont know whats going to happen nrxt and Levy cant do a damn thing about a replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

There is no doubt about it my mind...
    Even if he wants the job he needs to come out and make a big statement to say he's going to stay on nrxt season.
    The FA can come looking in May and by then the season is over.
    The FA have really screwed us over by delaying their decision. Now the spurs players dont know whats going to happen nrxt and Levy cant do a damn thing about a replacement.

Yep, it's like that whole Modric thing all over again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,312 ✭✭✭VanZan

Can't really tell at the moment. The result and performance of the Stevenage game will speak volumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

No, the performances have poor for quite some time now, this Harry for England thing is nothing more than an excuse imo. Ever since the Wolves game, even since the WB at the start of January we've been playing poorly. This was disguised by us playing some poor teams and grinding out the results, but now we've come up against quality opposition and our poor form is starting to show. This team reminds me a lot of the Villa team of a few season ago, looking a certianty for fourth but eventually dropping out due to fatigue. We've played a very similar XI since last August and it's finally starting to show. Call me pessimistic, but I'm nervous even for top 4 now, never mind top 3, we're so lucky Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool have been worse than us this season. We're also lucky we have no games against top 6 teams other than Chelsea away, it could be our saving grace.

Also, I think vdV needs to make a return to the team, he adds that extra bit of magic, and despite Saha's goals, he has contributed little and is like a black hole, ball goes in but never comes out. I'd rather see Defoe than him in the team, other than last season when he was coming back from injury he has proved he can score goals on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Yep, it's like that whole Modric thing all over again

i have heard a rumour modric was offered a 100k per week contract but has stalled on signing it til he finds out who the manager is next season.

anyone else hear this???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

i have heard a rumour modric was offered a 100k per week contract but has stalled on signing it til he finds out who the manager is next season.

anyone else hear this???

Source? If its the Daily Mail its not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Rumpled cappello is interested I would take him in a heart beat he'd do wonders for us IMO.

• Advertisement

Rumours springing up that HR's been offered a new deal.

Clubcall

Irish Independent

Advertisement