Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time 3D reviews

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,370 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Child of Eden or OOT 3D on Friday! ah! Cannot decide! :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,081 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Must admit the ads on TV suggest a less impressive graphical overhaul than I hoped. Textures and lighting look great, but characters look dodgy. Guess on the 3DS screen is the only way to see for sure.

I'm sure it's still going to be one of the best games ever, but it's been that way since release.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

o1s1n wrote: »
    Child of Eden or OOT 3D on Friday! ah! Cannot decide! :(

I'd go for OoT myself.

They say that if you cant decide between 2 different snacks to just pick the healthier option. The healthier option to me here is OoT :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,081 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Steve SI wrote: »
    I'd go for OoT myself.

They say that if you cant decide between 2 different snacks to just pick the healthier option. The healthier option to me here is OoT :)

Buying Child of Eden on Friday makes a nice moral statement though - support innovation and imaginative games! Zeldas going to make money anyway.

What is more exciting? A coat of paint or a new house?

Buying Child of Eden on Friday makes a nice moral statement though - support innovation and imaginative games! Zeldas going to make money anyway.

What is more exciting? A coat of paint or a new house?

True, but I really want to have a blast of Zelda on the 3DS so it makes more sense for me to get that game, all morals aside.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,778 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll be getting Child of Eden. I don't have a 3DS so that's my decision made :)

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'll be getting Child of Eden. I don't have a 3DS so that's my decision made :)

Well you could win one :D

I was offered a donation of a new one(still sealed in box) for a competition I'm running on one of my sites(it's not the Paranormal site, Photography site or the Italian language site if that helps ;) ). The prize was going to be something retro but I think people might really want the 3DS (perhaps a vote before the prize is confirmed).

I'll include Zelda OoT with it to retro it up bit :o

/shameless plug mode successfully enabled :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Zelda OoT This is best game ever created....
    Just felt as if you were there living and breathing Hyrule.
    The Water Levels, the Gorons on the Mountains,
    floating with those darn chickens :)

But ashamingly and this is something I constantly regret, I never finished it...
    Got stuck somewhere after people were turned into Wolfmen thingys,
    and cant remember as so many years ago, but I must been near the end.

Thanks God for 3DS, a 2nd chance to redeem myself :)
    Bring on Friday and Skyward Sword later in the Year...

Master of the Universe

kevin2me wrote: »
    Zelda OoT This is best game ever created....

Great game, but best ever? Hmmm...

I think a lot of it is down to the N64 not really having too many great games at the time. So once a new Zelda game came out, everyone went 'OMFG! ZELDA!!!!!' ..with POLYGONS!!! :eek:

This combined with open world exploration made everyone wet themselves.

I enjoyed it, was wowed by the visuals when it first came out, but to me it always just felt like LTTP 3D.

Maybe I'll change my mind over the next month after replaying it (it's been a few years), but in my own personal list of 'greatest games ever', it wouldn't even make the top 10.

• Advertisement

Well I suppose for me greatest game,
    is one that pops into my head and gives ur best memories of time you played it.
    And after owing about 20 different consoles from C64, Atari 2600 and centipede,
    to every Sony, MS and Nintendo console since, Zelda & Mario 64 Oot are still
    probably fondest memories i have with a Game.

But fair point with LTTP 3D :) Thats definitely true for a lot of people.
    Thats probably true for most but I actually never owned 2D version.

Probably more fact actually had time to play a game to bits back then,
    now ud be lucky to few hours a week, especially since restoring arcade cabinet bug kicked in, god they consumes so much time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Have to say that for me OoT would be my favourite game of all time too. I played LttP to death when it came out, but OoT knocked me for six in a way that no other game has done. Played it again last year and it had the exact same effect on me.

Ya Its like your First Love :) haha
    I still have my ooT and Majoras mask Gold Cart...
    Hopefully OoT 3D will get me to start playing Cube and Wii Zelda's again.

Problem now a days is there is just too many A+ games around and not enough time to play any of them. PS3, Xbox and Wii are completely saturated right now.
    Go into any GAME or Gamestop and u can pick up gems of next to Nothing.
    Resi-Evil5, Metal Gear 4 and Batman Arkham Asylum all for 28e
    Man thats a lot of great stuff. U cant go wrong.
    Turns me off buying new stuff lately as so many gems at bargin.

But cant wait for Zelda 3DS, Starwing 3DS, and mario kart this year,
    hopefully kick start 3DS sales.

Master of the Universe

Ya Its like your First Love :) haha

That's pretty much it really. I'd have the same attachment to LTTP that you guys have to OOT. You get to a point where games are so good it's just personal taste which you prefer.
    Problem now a days is there is just too many A+ games around and not enough time to play any of them. PS3, Xbox and Wii are completely saturated right now.
    Go into any GAME or Gamestop and u can pick up gems of next to Nothing.
    Resi-Evil5, Metal Gear 4 and Batman Arkham Asylum all for 28e
    Man thats a lot of great stuff. U cant go wrong.
    Turns me off buying new stuff lately as so many gems at bargin.

But cant wait for Zelda 3DS, Starwing 3DS, and mario kart this year,
    hopefully kick start 3DS sales.

I have pretty much no time any more for playing games either. That's why I love handhelds so much. Just pick it up and blast away for a few minutes.

Right now I can't wait for the Luas trip home from work so I can have a few minutes with Ghost Recon! Almost done with that one. Want to try my best to finish it off before Friday.

I have pretty much no time any more for playing games either. That's why I love handhelds so much. Just pick it up and blast away for a few minutes.

Right now I can't wait for the Luas trip home from work so I can have a few minutes with Ghost Recon! Almost done with that one. Want to try my best to finish it off before Friday.

That's exactly the way I am right now too, and can't wait to get on the DART and play Radiant Historia!

Master of the Universe

ghostchant wrote: »
    That's exactly the way I am right now too, and can't wait to get on the DART and play Radiant Historia!

I moaned about my 90 minute commute to college a few years ago...but in reality I really looked forward to my DS alone time.

Ah, me and the 145..finished so many games together :D

Master of the Universe

While we're on the subject of DS games, I just got an ebay alert to my mailbox about this. Seems like an interesting item as it was meant to be destroyed (it's an official Nintendo cart) but the guys who found it managed to get it going again.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150618921809&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Hahaha Ur gas.

Never really had any handhelds until GBA.
    But GB Mario Tennis or GBA Advanced Wars were other great Handhelp pick me ups :)
    Advanced Wars completely caught me of guard, beating it made me fell somebit smart :) haha

I moaned about my 90 minute commute to college a few years ago...but in reality I really looked forward to my DS alone time.

As ridiculous as it sounds I'd have killed for such a long commute time - only had/have about 25mins on the 145 (same bus!) and that's just not enough time to get going on something (well RPGs anyway)

As ridiculous as it sounds I'd have killed for such a long commute time - only had/have about 25mins on the 145 (same bus!) and that's just not enough time to get going on something (well RPGs anyway)

Hey Lads, get off my bus :D

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Hahaha Ur gas.

Never really had any handhelds until GBA.
    But GB Mario Tennis or GBA Advanced Wars were other great Handhelp pick me ups :)
    Advanced Wars completely caught me of guard, beating it made me fell somebit smart :) haha

Advance Wars is just too good. Have you played Ghost Recon on the 3DS? It's pretty much the same thing. Just as enjoyable too.

Yep, 25 minutes is just not long enough! I have 25 minutes on the Luas, then a 15 min walk across the city and another 15 minutes on a different bus. If all of that was combined into one bus ride it would be perfect.
    Steve SI wrote: »
    Hey Lads, get off my bus :D

Hah! It was my local bus route for years in Bray first until all you folk stole it!
    I have to put all my fancy electronics away while going through Shankill :P

Hah! It was my local bus route for years in Bray first until all you folk stole it!
    I have to put all my fancy electronics away while going through Shankill :P

Only certain parts of Shankill though, Right :)

Really Ghost Recon 3DS that good, thats very interesting :)
    I thought IGN review made it sound not great, but might be worth buying 2nd hand.
    And get for the Wii U too :)

I spiritual successor to Advance Wars :) Whoop
    I bought DS AdvWars but yet to play it :) Typical.

I've had a few panicked 145 bus journeys recently. Trying to judge when to stop dungeon crawling is a frequent nerve wrecker. To continue on and risk a lengthy battle or be lame and use quick save? Curse you Persona!

Best thing about buses is portable gaming. Damn screen glare though on sunny days.

Retro beers on the 145 anyone? Seems like plenty of the forum will be on it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ScaldyMc

Ghost Recon is fantastic, plus you get great value in gamestop when you trade it in for preorder!Agree with posts above about personal preference with the Zelda series. For me it's Minish Cap, was the first Zelda I played and first I finished. Just love that game.
    Beginning to understand why I get streetpass hits now and again on the 145. Only going to D4 though so I tend to get 39a of an evening to extend commute.

Master of the Universe

Best thing about buses is portable gaming. Damn screen glare though on sunny days.

Happened to me just there on the way home! The Luas was packed so I couldn't move seat. Had to give up on Ghost Recon as I couldn't see a thing.

Luckily Link's Awakening is a lot brighter!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,778 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Happened to me just there on the way home! The Luas was packed so I couldn't move seat. Had to give up on Ghost Recon as I couldn't see a thing.

Luckily Link's Awakening is a lot brighter!

That's the beauty of the virtual boy. Tape it to your head and there's no screen glare problems. It's one of the most practical and well designed portable gaming devices ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    That's the beauty of the virtual boy. Tape it to your head and there's no screen glare problems. It's one of the most practical and well designed portable gaming devices ever.

And absolutly no chance of neck strain..........nice!:p

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

You'd be looking at blank screen though, it runs off a PSU!

Advertisement