Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boston Marathon - new registration procedures

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KentuckyPete

Here's the entrants URL for wave/corral. Here's the transportation times. Looks like 6:10am-6:30am for Wave 1.

Bib #:862
    Wave/Corral: 1/1
    Bring it on!

Bib 3503
    Wave/Corral: 1/4

even better - 8 miles at 7:00 pace on grass this morning with the calf behaving itself OK

Touch wood - BRING IT ON! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Speedy44

Here's the entrants URL for wave/corral. Here's the transportation times. Looks like 6:10am-6:30am for Wave 1.

Bib #:862
    Wave/Corral: 1/1
    Bring it on!

Bib #:7155
    Wave/Corral: 1/8

will I or won't I !!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭wideball

Speedy44 wrote: »
    Bib #:7155
    Wave/Corral: 1/8

will I or won't I !!

Lots of wave one folks here.. #7143 and 1/8. Only a month today!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Peckham

Are bib numbers assigned in order of qualification times? If so, you two must be only seconds apart in terms of qualifying times.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭figs

Bib #4124
    Wave / Corral - 1/5

Looking forward to this now...

I'll be travelling on my own to this one. Is there a plan to meet for a few beers after?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,492 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

figs wrote: »
    I'll be travelling on my own to this one. Is there a plan to meet for a few beers after?
    Most certainly. Have been researching bars since I gave up the beer last week. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Most certainly. Have been researching bars since I gave up the beer last week. :)

Good beer bars in Boston.

The Best= The Publick House, Washington Sq. Brookline. Best beer bar on the East Coast. Belgian and American Craft beer + really good food
    http://eatgoodfooddrinkbetterbeer.com

Bukowskis- clost to the finish line, great selection - ok food. Very small bar and will most likely be pretty crowded post race as its heading over towards Fenway Park. http://www.yelp.ie/biz/bukowski-tavern-boston

Boston Beerworks- pretty good but will be jammed as its right across from Fenway.

Couple of excellent beer bars in Cambridge and Somerville as well. I cannot recommend the Public House enough though. Maybe not great right after the race as its about 15 mins away by T.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭loughie

Bib # 3757
    Wave/Corral 1/4

Currently icing a swollen knee!

drquirky wrote: »

The Best= The Publick House, Washington Sq. Brookline. Best beer bar on the East Coast. Belgian and American Craft beer + really good food
    http://eatgoodfooddrinkbetterbeer.com[/url

Solely on the basis of the website address I will be visiting this bar during my week in Boston.

Abstinence starts in after this weekend. On way home from Craft Beer Festival, so feels difficult to avoid tasty beers for a few weeks.

excellent... and remember, he who crosses the line first, holds the seats!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭wideball

Sounds like a plan!

Good beer bars in Boston.

http://eatgoodfooddrinkbetterbeer.com
    Sounds like a great post-shower early evening spot. Anywhere handy to meet-up immediately post race for a couple of sneaky pints, with some really unhealthy deep-fried food? Bukowskis sounds great, but it also sounds like it might be jammed. What are Solas & An Tua Nua like? Massive cliches?!

Sounds like a great post-shower early evening spot. Anywhere handy to meet-up immediately post race for a couple of sneaky pints, with some really unhealthy deep-fried food? Bukowskis sounds great, but it also sounds like it might be jammed. What are Solas & An Tua Nua like? Massive cliches?!

Yup- kinda....My favorite bar closest to the finish is The Pour House on Boylston. Good Boston boozer and pretty close to the finish.

http://www.pourhouseboston.com/about.htm

28 degrees centigrade in Boston today :eek:

Long way to race day but still...

Tuesday shouldn't be much higher than 4'C. A bit early yet!

So, for a drinking plan, meet up at the Pourhouse after the race, for anyone that fancies a few post race pints, and the Publick House in the evening, for post race celebrations? Now all we need is Dr Quirky to show us around.

Yup- kinda....My favorite bar closest to the finish is The Pour House on Boylston. Good Boston boozer and pretty close to the finish.

http://www.pourhouseboston.com/about.htm

been there many a time and have to agree. An Tua Nua, although it is a cliche, isn't half bad.
    If you fancy crossing the river, Somerville & Cambridge definitely have some good places to go such as The Field, The Phoenix, The Druid & The Burren.

Anyone interested in hooking up the evening before the race for grub?

this time of the year, Boston weather can change rapidly. The week before my first Boston in '93 there was snow all over the place following the worst winter on record.
    Raceday was 24 C :(

Anyone interested in hooking up the evening before the race for grub?
    Where are you staying KP? I'm staying right here. Will probably go for Italian/pasta at around 6pm-6:30pm. Probably want to be booking soon. I love OpenTable!
    North End seems to have a good cluster of Italian restaurants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Where are you staying KP? I'm staying right here. Will probably go for Italian/pasta at around 6pm-6:30pm. Probably want to be booking soon. I love OpenTable!

Is there a pasta party this year? I went to it a few years ago and it wasn't bad at all.

• Advertisement

Pourhouse after the race, for anyone that fancies a few post race pints

Just wondering if this will work as a location. It's pretty much right on the finish line, so getting access to it could be difficult. Wonder whether should we look at somewhere nearish the exit from the finish area, rather than having to backtrack from the exit back towards the finish line again.

I'm staying on the corner of Stuart and Tremont - just South of the Common. About 800m from you Krusty. Should be possible to hook up. Do you want to book a place and count me in on the reservation? Maybe the other lads will sign up too.

What do you think?

We should exchange mobile numbers too lads. If ye want to PM me your numbers I'll assemble into one list and circulate it back to everyone who gives me their number. No worries if it doesn't suit.

Who are we looking at? Krusty, Peckham, Figs, Speedy, wideball, loughie, me...

drquirky, RoadRunner are ye racing too?

Also staying downtown. Was going to do the Pasta Party, but if you're planning on booking a restaurant to meet up, I'll go along with that.

@KP - PM'd you contact details.

PM sent also.

Might be useful to include on that list who is on what flight going out, thus helping to avoid those awkward moments when you're trying to figure out if someone is a boardsie. I think myself, Krusty and wideball are on the same flight.

Peckham wrote: »
    PM sent also.

Might be useful to include on that list who is on what flight going out, thus helping to avoid those awkward moments when you're trying to figure out if someone is a boardsie. I think myself, Krusty and wideball are on the same flight.

Fair point Peckham. OK lads, include flights details on the PMs if ye want

Have sent on contact details, and am on the Aer Lingus flight on Friday (EI133).

So, dinner on Sunday evening:
    Good but reasonable Italian restaurant around Boston North End, for between 5:30-6:30pm booking:
    Krusty_Clown
    Emer_911
    Figs
    KentuckyPete

Any other takers? Will probably book this evening.

By the way, I picked up some Gatorade G Series PRO O2 (where do they get these names from?!), from Wiggle. This is the sports drink handed out on the course. Figured I'd give it a try before the big day. Tastes a lot like PowerBar Sports drink if you've had that before. Neither pleasant nor entirely unpleasant!

Have sent on contact details, and am on the Aer Lingus flight on Friday (EI133).

So, dinner on Sunday evening:
    Good but reasonable Italian restaurant around Boston North End, for between 5:30-6:30pm booking:
    Krusty_Clown
    Emer_911
    Figs
    KentuckyPete

Any other takers? Will probably book this evening.

Really good food here and owned by and Irish woman (a real one not the fake Irish/ American kind) lol

http://www.yelp.ie/biz/pomodoro-boston

• Advertisement

Really good food here and owned by and Irish woman (a real one not the fake Irish/ American kind) lol

http://www.yelp.ie/biz/pomodoro-boston
    Look, at this stage, you might as well come over and show us around. ;)

Advertisement