Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

Acoshla wrote: »
    Yay it's the weekend! Pj's and tv with my mom, the kitten, the dog and the boyfriend tonight, then feck about a few shops tomorrow and then going for a rosemantic dinner tomorrow night, I love my out of sync with the world weekends.

Buying anything special tomorrow?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Lola92 wrote: »
    Myself and my OH have a long running joke that the reason the Lush sales people are so chirpy is coz they are totally out of it on the fumes :p
    Ooh, you could be on to something there!! :pac:

I love Soap and Glory products too, they is very nice. Boots 'Sanctuary' stuff is lovely too I think. :)

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

17286.jpg

I'm off tomorrow :D Will only feel like holidays tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

I feel a little sad. I think my best friend is trying to suggest I'm getting big. She keeps going on about how she's dieting and how her hard work is paying off and asking me why don't I come walking with her and why don't I try this and try that. She's not a nasty person, so I'm sure she's not saying it to be a bitch

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I feel a little sad. I think my best friend is trying to suggest I'm getting big. She keeps going on about how she's dieting and how her hard work is paying off and asking me why don't I come walking with her and why don't I try this and try that. She's not a nasty person, so I'm sure she's not saying it to be a bitch

Maybe she just wants company? Maybe she needs someone with her to make sure *she* stays on the wagon, so to speak?

Does she know you're pregnant?

• Advertisement

I love going into town and browsing in the shops with nothing in particular to buy. That is when I usually find that 'special' item. This time of year is great also because all the new Spring collections are coming in so you never know what is going to be in the shops from day to day. Kinda perks your spirits up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Are you sure you are not just being a bit sensitive yourself...without trying to be rude maybe you're reading into what she is saying.

I think she just wants support....not trying to be hurtfull. She just probably wants affirmation that her diet is working and that you notice it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Storm, if this is new for your friend she's probably just unused to exercising by herself and wants company. Plus, don't you do a lot of running and stuff? She could see you as an expert she could get tips from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Oh lads, 40 pages to read after 2 days! :eek:

Ivy I hope your mother gets well soon, getting the right treatment is half the battle :)
    Happy anniversary Jane! I've stopped counting the months, but when you said you and your bf were together for 14 months, I realised it's been 26 months for us!
    Western Night; go to UCD! Everything people say about it is true to some degree, but my friends make it what it is to me :)

Just had a ridiculous weekend of debauchery in Galway; I feel like I've been steamrollered but in a good way! We nearly got chucked out of the hostel last night, which was hilarious at the time (my friend started ranting about Squatters' Rights and Occupiers' Liability), but we must have been terribly loud :o
    However I never want to see vodka for at least a week, and McDonald's or Supermacs, like, ever...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

aristocat wrote: »
    Buying anything special tomorrow?

Nope, not buying anything if I can help it, I'm broke, just going for a look :)

EmilyO wrote: »
    Oh lads, 40 pages to read after 2 days! :eek:
    Only 23 pages for me. I think it looks better! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Worst case of Sunday night blues kicking in. My poor boyfriend has been vomiting all day. He seems to be getting one thing after another lately. Feel so sorry for him, he looks wrecked. Hopefully it's nothing contagious because I have a crazy week ahead of me!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

sigh
    i feel like crap, i've felt like crap for the last 2 weeks (if you dont include being sick mostly since december) and i need a holiday

there, i said it ;s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Yay I has cake! My favourite cake too, Pineapple Log :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

tomissex wrote: »
    Yay I has cake! My favourite cake too, Pineapple Log :D

Haven't had pineapple log for years. Would love some now! Ah well, I'll have to make do with a glass of wine and some mini eggs :)

Aw, Roesy and Bluewolf- hope your miserable Sundays precede a good week and everyone starts to feel better as the spring season progresses. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Just got sick on the bus, how classy am I? Not good...
    I nerd to get off this thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Yeah you're probably right guys -- I'm probably being over sensitive. She's a great girl so I know she isn't being intentionally being mean.

No she doesn't know I'm pregnant. Waiting for the 12 weeks before we tell people

Ah no, hope you're okay! :eek:

• Advertisement

David Kelly died :(

That's me tipped over the edge, the tears have kicked in.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Posy wrote: »
    Ah no, hope you're okay! :eek:

Think it's a mix of travel sickness that I have always suffered from, recovering from a really bad cold, having dinner and dessert just before I left and then downing a lemsip. Not fun though

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

What? :( I'm actually watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Aw no. He was a great actor.

I have severe Sunday night fear tonight, Friday was mental at work, then was in college for all of yesterday and today, and tomorrow will be mental at work again. Just feel a bit burned out.

Fishie wrote: »
    What? :( I'm actually watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at the moment

Yeah :(

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0212/kellyd.html

Ah no. I love David Kelly- he was brilliant in Strumpet City and hilarious in Waking Ned, as well as his wonderful theatre work of course. RIP. :(

Think it's a mix of travel sickness that I have always suffered from, recovering from a really bad cold, having dinner and dessert just before I left and then downing a lemsip. Not fun though
    I hate travel sickness. I have suffered from it since I was a small child and it can be rotten. I'm grand on planes and ferries normally. I'm fine on Dublin buses thank God. I'm quite iffy on coaches, depending on how stuffy it is and how long the journey takes.
    I'm really bad in cars though. If I don't take travel sickness tablets before a long car journey I'll be dizzy, nauseous and vomiting into a plastic bag within half an hour of the journey. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I thought he was older than 82, he was brilliant in Stardust as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

I didn't know my Grandads but when I think of them they always had his accent.

I thought he was older too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

David Kelly was brilliant.

In other news, on Friday on my way home from work I heard an interview with Daniel Radcliffe on the radio. He talked about his pubes. It's still haunting me 2 days later. :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement