Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A few questions about satellite bb on the NBS

• 13-02-2012 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

My satellite bb with OnWave under the NBS has been very slow recently. When I spoke to OnWave they said this was due to contention which is higher in the evening. Is this possible with satellite?

Also, what are the minimum speeds I'm entitled to with satellite on the NBS?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Bill Shock

A quick perusal of DCENR's website shows the following info on NBS satellite:

"In recognition of the fact that some areas are very costly and difficult to reach, in a very limited number of cases, 3 makes available a satellite product of 1Mbps download and 128kbps upload, as summarised below."

Satellite

Download Speed
    1Mbps
    Upload Speed
    128kbps
    Maximum contention ratio
    48:1
    Round-trip latency
    800ms

Satellite Upgrade July 2012

Download Speed
    1.6Mbps