Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter X Tekken is for REAL!

1414243444547»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

The online is one of the worst ever.

More and more games are going for this lazy type of matchmaking. That's fine when you live in the states or something, but for us it just doesn't work!

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

I've actually being getting an insane amount of time outs - Though that is probably my own fault as I'm more than likely doing it wrong! That said, they weren't comfortable wins - I actually had to keep until my toes until the timer hit zero because 1 throw would change the outcome of the round now.

See this is the thing that concerns me. People say once you learn how to play properly the timeouts go away. But no other fighting game has this issue at low levels of play. When I began playing SF4 I had no idea how to play properly but times outs where not an issue then.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Azza wrote: »

See this is the thing that concerns me. People say once you learn how to play properly the timeouts go away. But no other fighting game has this issue at low levels of play. When I began playing SF4 I had no idea how to play properly but times outs where not an issue then.
    It's how people delude themselves into thinking SFxT is a "good, legit" game.

So by the time they "think" they know how the game "should" be played, they're basically SF2 no-throw scrubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Nascimento

Bought this yesterday, and I think its quite fun!

Some of the combos are awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Care to explain this?

What about this game makes it the worst game you've ever played?

What other fighting games do you like and what is it about them you like over this?

I can understand someone not enjoying this game, but in no way is it a ****ty game.

Play Shaq-Fu and Rise of the Robots to see what truly ****ty fighting games are. More recently, play MK vs DC.

You don't actually expect an essay reply do ya? I wasn't being serious :pac: Its not the worst game I've ever played. That specific title still belongs to The Last Action Hero which singlehandedly RUINED Christmas '93 :(

Personally Online has been a choppy sludgy mess for me. Dropping inputs and actually skipping huge frames at a time.
    The game is also a bit ****e... be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Azza wrote: »

SF4 only had one character at a time, had high damage and no way of recovering lost health.

Vanilla SFxT has two characters with easily recoverable health and a poor throw game which made mixups harder.

A better comparison would be vanilla MvC3 which had a lot of timeouts in it's early days.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

I wasn't referring to vanilla SFxT I was referring to 2013.

Likes its improved, there is for sure alot less time outs, and when there is timeouts the health left is alot less than vanilla. But there is still far more than any other fighting game.

People say when you start getting the hang of it and optimizing combo's the timeouts won't be an issue, but would this not be negated by the fact the players will also become stronger defensively as well, giving you less opportunity to land those big combo's.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

tumblr_mfivizF0sd1qia74no1_400.jpg

Tutorial on how to make dudley's costume swap into anime character Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

I've been giving this game a lot of time lately and as much as I've slated the game before it is actually after growing on me a lot. The patch fixed a hell of a lot of issues and there is actually a throw game now. Still finding close crossup to jab spam far too powerfull and derp. Its probably an online thing. I still think boost combos were an awful idea because of this. Spam jab shouldn't give that much reward.

Been forcing myself to use Jack-X/Nina as my team and loving it. Big Arnold inspired robot and the Irish lass for the win. Jack-X is taking a very long time to get used to though. I always play a non-fireball, poke orrushdown character in streetfighter (Fei, Guy, Mak, Gen, Vega etc etc) so I never really built up zoning skills. Never was a shoto guy and never really relied on keep away or zoning before. Usually I'm anti airing to get close not to back away, its weird. Hopefully all this Jack play will improve my ability to space and schtuff overall. Also the way he zones is freaking awesome. "surprise attack!" "Anti Air Attack!?!"

Only complaints that I've noticed are: Online netcode seems very very iffy. Juri seems stupidly good, has an option for everything by the looks of things. Paul's damage is now ridiculous and as Jack-X vs Law his downback seems impenetrable.. seriously need to get working on a counter to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Nascimento

I take it back about this game being fun.

It's boring as all hell....poke, poke, poke some more...

The risk/reward balance is totally askew.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

I've been playing this game a lot lately, I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

That opinion will soon change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Hoorah
    That opinion will soon change.

Hush you.

This game is weird beyond belief. Have given it loads of time lately (I'm still rubbish) and my opinion changes between enjoyable/fun to abysmal/broken on a daily basis. Online has been nowhere even close to as consistent as it should be. Its a real mixed bag, its not like SSF4 or SC5 where it will slow to a crawl or visually you can see its lagging so can stop pressing buttons or wait for the spike to pass. Instead it seems to ignore your inputs completely at random, you end up punishing whiffed DPs with stuff like a cr.mk into nothing O_o stand there like a tool then eat a 60% derp combo off the other guy.

Xboxlive time ran out a few nights ago, I'll have to grab some and see if I can get a few games with those of you playing it :)

Advertisement