Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone tried Perfect connection golf swing?

• 10-09-2012 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi guys! I just started playin golf recently and I am brutal. The thing is I've had a few lessons but they don't seem to be making any difference.

Has anyone tried, the perfect connection golf swing? I'm curious to see if it would improve my game. I'm at the verge of giving up.

Any views on this would be great! Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Why are you lessons not working? Have you been practising what you've been told?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭woppers

Why are you lessons not working? Have you been practising what you've been told?
    Hi keano!

I have been practicing what I've been told in the lessons but I have only had lessons to show me how to hit a standard shot.

A lot of other shots in the game let me down and cause frustration. Like bunker shots, the short game, putting, playing from the rough, ect. I haven't had any lessons on these types of shots and to be honest, I can't really afford much more lessons as I've been unemployed for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Someday

A Large number of Videos on youtube but I found mark crossfield to be good. These are short and to the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,078 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

woppers wrote: »
    Has anyone tried, the perfect connection golf swing? I'm curious to see if it would improve my game. I'm at the verge of giving up.

I had never heard of "the perfect connection golf swing" before, just looked it up there.
    Am I missing something or is it just a 3/4 swing?

We've all had those moments, stick with it, a bit of short term pain could lead to a lifetime of enjoyment.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

Hi i tried the perfect connection golf. It improved my short game no end. The best thing about PCGS is the techniques to hit some shots like flop shot and chipping make it easier. But you have to put in alot of practice and stick to it. It wont make you a scratch golfer over night.

I found C.J GOECKS annoying and could explain things abit better.Paul wilson on youtube is a much better teacher try him out and if your going down this route of watching dvds for lessons best have somewhere you can see yourself like a glass door or a big mirror or video tape yourself and compare your technique to C.J'S

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the tips and words of encouragement!
    DULLAHAN2 wrote: »
    Hi i tried the perfect connection golf. It improved my short game no end. The best thing about PCGS is the techniques to hit some shots like flop shot and chipping make it easier. But you have to put in alot of practice and stick to it. It wont make you a scratch golfer over night.

I found C.J GOECKS annoying and could explain things abit better.Paul wilson on youtube is a much better teacher try him out and if your going down this route of watching dvds for lessons best have somewhere you can see yourself like a glass door or a big mirror or video tape yourself and compare your technique to C.J'S

Thanks dullahan, your the only person I know who has given this series a try. I was thinking that for the sake of €40 I might as well give it a shot. I am going to check out. Do you think it's worth the €40?

Also, did this dvd series improve any other parts of your game like driving or hazard play like rough and bunker shots?

I'm going to check out all the YouTube recommendations you guys told me about too.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭tommyombomb

Sorry for kinda jumping into your thread but the last two rounds I've been out something has happened to my iron shot which was totally accidental.

Before when I used to play my irons I kept the head face straight to make it as accurate as possible. Recently I standing closer the ball and kinda cuting at a 45degree angle across the ball.

Thinking a bit nuts on paper as to how this is working as I am getting some crazy movement but would appreciate some advice as to whether stop now or continue with what I am at. (pretty broke at the moment so please don't recommend lessons)

Cheers,
    Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

woppers wrote: »
    Thanks for all the tips and words of encouragement!

Thanks dullahan, your the only person I know who has given this series a try. I was thinking that for the sake of €40 I might as well give it a shot. I am going to check out. Do you think it's worth the €40?

Also, did this dvd series improve any other parts of your game like driving or hazard play like rough and bunker shots?

I'm going to check out all the YouTube recommendations you guys told me about too.

For 40euros its worth it. It improved my short game the most. my long game still needs refining. Don't really work on long game. its given me shots to play over bunkers and out of them

For 40euros its worth it. It improved my short game the most. my long game still needs refining. Don't really work on long game. its given me shots to play over bunkers and out of them

thanks dullahan! I'll give it a go then based on your recommendation. Thanks for your help!:)

Advertisement