Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

children's private singing lessons Dublin 15

• 20-02-2012 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

My son is 9 and people have been commenting on how good his voice is, he is quite shy and doesnt want to go down the stage school route.

Can anyone recommend any singing/ vocal teachers who do private lessons in and around Dublin 15?
    Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

dmcm82 wrote: »
    My son is 9 and people have been commenting on how good his voice is, he is quite shy and doesnt want to go down the stage school route.

That sounds really great. The singing could help him get over his shyness. I hope you find a nice teacher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Moved from Singing and Vocals.

OP, you may get more responses here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,002 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Castleknock school of music I think should be able to do this. I know someone getting voice coaching lessons, and it's a one-on-one basis. I'm almost certain it's with the Castleknock one, but f I find out who he's with I'll post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

My guess would be vocal lessons may be a waste of money at the satge,
    He's vocal chords have not fully developed yet.

Maybe help with his breathing and control.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,002 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Children sing too. Ever hear of Aled Jones? :)
    I see no harm in lessons especially as you said in terms of breathing and control. When his voice does break those techniques should continue to serve him well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Nail on head.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Wurly wrote: »
    Nail on head.;)

I don't see how a nail to the head is going to help his singing. :D

Probably better to check the Blanch School of music, or the Clonee Music Tuitition Centre... http://www.cloneemusictuitioncentre.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Gaspode wrote: »
    Castleknock school of music I think should be able to do this. I know someone getting voice coaching lessons, and it's a one-on-one basis. I'm almost certain it's with the Castleknock one, but f I find out who he's with I'll post here.

Castleknock School of Music also have a venue in Ongar if that is closer to you (over the Newcombe real estate agents opposite the big yellow period house)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dmcm82

thanks a million for all the replies :) have gotten in touch with the school of music in ongar as they are close to me!!

Advertisement