Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.golfnow.ie - another tee times site

• 08-07-2011 6:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭

Received an email this morning announcing the launch of golfnow.ie. From what I can tell it's very similar to teetimes.ie. In the email it says that the the first 500 golfers who book in the month of July will be awarded a free round of golf, good until the end of the year!*

Yes... an asterisk... but it's not a bad one like you can only play on a Tuesday at 8pm, and only if it's raining...

*The free round awarded will be for the same course at which the golfer purchases their initial round.

If you're interested - start here: http://www.golfnow.ie/ireland/tee-times/golf-courses/irl---east/search

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭brick tamland

I got this this morning too. I wonder how they got my email address. Are they connected to teetimes or golfdublin or would they have got the details from something like the free druids glenn offer a while back

the first teetime that is on the email is The Island @ 7.40 am for €95. Not great value I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭bailey99

Got this email too. Took a quick look and the prices are no great offers to be honest.

Teetimes offers way way way better prices and offers than this site. The prices quoted are for many courses what are offered directly by the courses themselves.

I'll stick to Teetimes.ie. Great service and very good to deal with in my past experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Aesop

I wonder how they got my email address.

I was thinking the same thing. Someone somewhere is feeding these guys a golfers email list. Would like to know who. GolfNow seems to have some connection the Golf Channel. GolfNow.ie is the Irish version of the operation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭SM746

I got this this morning too. I wonder how they got my email address. Are they connected to teetimes or golfdublin or would they have got the details from something like the free druids glenn offer a while back

the first teetime that is on the email is The Island @ 7.40 am for €95. Not great value I think

not great value but if you have the money an amazing course. Ridiculous prices though for places such as this and Portmarnock.
    Got the email too and I do not remember signing up to it so they are getting a mailing list from somewhere.
    Yeah agreed teetimes and golfdublin is what I will be sticking to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

Yep, my first question was 'where did they get my name/email?' But I'm signed up in so many places I wouldn't have a clue who to point the finger at.

I agree the value isn't great and putting The Island on the 1st line might look impressive but the rate is high for sure. Then again, if you can get it for free (for a second round) by being one of the first people to take out a booking...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭LostPassword

They're using the same software as golfdublin.com and they seem to have the same courses (as well as others). I guess that's the source of the emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 pbyrneirl

Has anyone booked through them?
    I booked a week ago for next week but I haven't a clue how to get the free round of golf. The golf club haven't a clue about it.
    I emailed golfnow but I got a short response saying they need more information. I sent through all they need but haven't heard back a week later...

• Registered Users Posts: 29 pbyrneirl

Has anyone booked through them?
    I booked a week ago for next week but I haven't a clue how to get the free round of golf. The golf club haven't a clue about it.
    I emailed golfnow but I got a short response saying they need more information. I sent through all they need but haven't heard back a week later...

Advertisement