Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms Portlaoise

• 20-10-2013 8:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a good value gym in Portlaoise, preferably with classes? I'm female mid thirties, and have finally mastered running. I regularly run 5 -7 km and up to 10k but would love to do some classes in a gym that would support this have. I've heard that a number of smaller gyms have opened in Portlaoise but can't find contact details. Any advice / recommendations welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭token56

There are a good few gyms in Portlaoise luckily enough. I'm a member of the gym at the leisure centre myself. I'm not sure how it compares price wise to others but it has a high number of classes, e.g. spinning, kettle bells, core work, and a good few others, the majority of which are free and good quality imo.

Then you have gyms at the Maldron, the Heritage, and the Killeshin hotels. As far as I know equipment wise they are all decent quality. I'm not sure about classes or prices though but you can check them out.

In terms of smaller gyms, there is a gym across the road from the hospital at the back of the Apple Green petrol station. I know there a high quality kettle bell classes there. I am not sure of the name of the gym though. There is also a place that does TRX suspension training in the clonminam industrial estate where the roll and bowl is.

I think there is also a crossfit gym in this industrial estate too, although I might be mistaken on its location but there is definitely one in the town.

I am probably missing a few but that is the extent of my knowledge on gyms in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,696 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

There's one beside McDonald's. everything there from MMA,kickboxing, jiu jitsu, wrestling, kettle bells, conditioning classes and female fitness classes. And TRX is coming soon too there

Advertisement