Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bourne Legacy (Bourne 4)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Meh.. can't go wrong with more Bourne.

Always fun to watch Jason kick some ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,488 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I'm very sceptical of this to be honest.
    The first 2 films were excellent thrillers but the third was poor ,it lacked a decent plot and was just a rehash of the others with alot of action scenes.
    The guy who co wrote Ultimatum is writing the new one.
    His writing is to say the least very average (Oceans 12,Timeline).
    If they dont rush the project though I'm sure they could come up with a decent plot though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Director Paul Greengrass has reportedly walked away from the fourth Bourne movie due to disagreements regarding the script and budget concerns.

Without seeking Greengrass's approval, Universal hired Josh Zetumer to rewrite George Nolfi's screenplay for the next Bourne thriller, reports The Playlist. It is thought that this move as well as Universal's worries over the helmer's budget-management skills contributed to his departure.

The price tag on Greengrass's forthcoming Green Zone has apparently swelled to almost $150m (£91m) due to reshoots.

The filmmaker directed 2004's The Bourne Supremacy and 2007's The Bourne Ultimatum. Both films starred Matt Damon in the lead role.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭rednik

As The Bourne Identity is my favourite they should bring back Doug Liman to direct Bourne 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 irishwarrior

humanji wrote: »
    Yeah, but they're not by Ludlum. I've not read them, but the synopsis of them make them sound terrible. Has anyone here read them?
    Yeah read them,while i enjoyed them they not a patch on the original Ludlum..I hope to god they dont base the new movie on any of these and ruin the franchise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Much like the films, the first bourne was well paced and thought out (for a Ludlum book), the second was meh and the third was unnecessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

The next ‘Bourne’ movie will be a sequel, it has emerged.

The action movie series, which starred Matt Damon as troubled character Jason Bourne, will be returning with a fourth movie, and new reports claim it will be a sequel, and not a prequel as was previously claimed.

According to Variety and Deadline.com, Universal Studios has hired Tony Gilroy – who wrote the first three movies in the series – to pen a fourth script, tentatively titled ‘The Bourne Legacy’.

Damon previously claimed he would return to work on ‘Bourne’ again, but only if a fifth film is made.

He said: “There’ll probably be a prequel of some kind with another actor and another director before we do another one. We’re probably about five years away.”

The 39-year-old actor also admitted he would not want to work on the franchise if he could not do it with director Paul Greengrass.

He said: “I’m certainly not going to do it without him. Paul said he won’t do it now... but if we could crack it, find out where the character could go, we’d do it right away. But it has to be something we’d be excited about.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Not so sure about how they could make this work without making it seem like they are dragging it out.

I liked the ending of the 3rd and its a nice mumber to end the series on. No movie ends with a fourth sequel, if theres a 4th there'l be a 5th. At least there not jumping into anything to quick, im sure Matt would walk away from a weak script or plot.

Bourne producer Frank Marshall has announced that the fourth film will be called The Bourne Legacy, adding that Tony Gilroy, the writer for the first three films, will return. The screenwriter will put together the treatment for the project, Marshall announced on Twitter, leading to suggestions that Gilroy will also write the script.

The return of star Matt Damon is in doubt, after the actor announced he would only work on a fourth film if original director Paul Greengrass was involved – however, he left the project earlier this year.

Writer Gilroy is also rumoured to be replacing Greengrass in the director's chair after he helmed 2007's Michael Clayton and 2009's Duplicity.

http://www.nme.com/movies/news/next-jason-bourne-film-named-on-twitter/175873

• Registered Users Posts: 84,740 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a224712/tony-gilroy-hired-for-bourne-legacy.html
    Tony Gilroy has been hired to write the script for The Bourne Legacy, Universal Pictures has announced.

Gilroy, who worked on The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy and The Bourne Ultimatum, has also been enlisted to pen a "franchise bible" to guide future sequels.

Gilroy also wrote and directed the George Clooney thriller Michael Clayton and last year's Duplicity.

Legacy will not be based on the Eric Lustabader-penned novel in Robert Ludlum's Bourne series.

Star Matt Damon has previously said that he won't return to the role without director Paul Greengrass, who has ruled out making further instalments in the spy franchise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭juma

Bourne vs. Bauer on the big screen.

The 24 script is already completed but its possible that these 2 films could be released around the same time. Will make for an interesting box office battle!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Tony Gilroy has been hired to write the script for The Bourne Legacy, Universal Pictures has announced.

Gilroy, who worked on The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy and The Bourne Ultimatum, has also been enlisted to pen a "franchise bible" to guide future sequels.

Gilroy also wrote and directed the George Clooney thriller Michael Clayton and last year's Duplicity.

Legacy will not be based on the Eric Lustabader-penned novel in Robert Ludlum's Bourne series.

Star Matt Damon has previously said that he won't return to the role without director Paul Greengrass, who has ruled out making further instalments in the spy franchise.

Thanks Liz, your ability to copy and paste other peoples work and never credit them is to be admired.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭MrSir

Oh the Bourne Trilogy is some bad-ass entertainment.No arguments there.And a fourth one does have the potential of being a good film.But a prequel?Are you people going utterly and totally insane!Over statement?I think NOT.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

If Greengrass isn't involved in the next one, I think that'll be a good thing. The strength was in the writing and Damon's performance far more than the manic insane directing of the last two - in fact, they spoiled them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭patch

So the bourne legacy is going ahead for sure.
    Gilroy is now directing.
    Not really a surprise seen as gilroy was hired a few months ago to write the script.
    With a bit of luck damon will come back also!

http://www.deadline.com/2010/10/exclusive-tony-gilroy-directing-bourne-identity-4/

Gilroy will write and direct now - I'm not sure he is the best to direct especially the action scenes Greengrass would be better

I hope Damon will be back anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Independence day release.

Title: "Bourne in the 4th as a spy" :)

(I'll get me coat)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 baldi1212

Nonono!! Just don't make it..what's the point? The Bourne story is done....and they're making another Superman movie..ugh...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,781 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

There is no Bourne without Matt Damon.

I certainly wouldn't watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,488 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

baldi1212 wrote: »
    Nonono!! Just don't make it..what's the point? The Bourne story is done....and they're making another Superman movie..ugh...

It was done after the first two films which were excellent.
    The third was rubbish.

• Advertisement

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a281284/matt-damon-written-out-of-bourne-legacy.html
    Tony Gilroy has revealed that Matt Damon's Jason Bourne character won't appear in The Bourne Legacy.

The Michael Clayton helmer, who penned scripts for each of the three Bourne films and will write and direct Legacy, shed light on the latest franchise entry to Hollywood Elsewhere.

"This is not a reboot or a recast or a prequel," he said. "No one's replacing Matt Damon. There will be a whole new hero, a whole new chapter… this is a stand-alone project."

Gilroy continued: "Jason Bourne will not be in this film, but he's very much alive. What happened in the first three films is the trigger for what happens.

"I'm building a legend and an environment and a wider conspiracy...the world we're making enhances and advances and invites Jason Bourne's return [down the road]."

Gilroy added that Bourne Legacy will show audiences "the bigger picture, the bigger canvas" surrounding Jason Bourne's actions in the previous movies.

The Bourne Legacy is due to arrive in cinemas in 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭patch

Aw crap.
    Why call it bourne at all then?
    So they knew months ago that bourne wasn't in it?
    Nice way to piss of the loyal fanbase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭La frog fairy

agree

if theres no Matt Damon and its a different story all together there surely its not a 4th Bourne, or did i miss something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Complete waste of time and money.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Phony Scott

Hmmm, no main character you say? And Curse of the Pink Panther and Halloween III were resounding critical and commercial successes then...

Source
    James Franco is being lined up to star in ‘The Bourne Legacy’.
    The ‘127 Hours’ actor is being pursued by the film’s director Tony Gilroy to take on the starring role in the movie – the first in the franchise not to feature Matt Damon as lead character Jason Bourne.
    If he took the part in the project – the fourth in the ‘Bourne’ series – Franco would portray an entirely new action hero, as Gilroy has previously confessed he couldn’t “replace” Damon.
    He said: “I couldn’t imagine trying to replace him. All the conspiratorial politics aside, these are very un-cynical, honest movies, and I don’t know another actor who brings more integrity and dignity, and a lack of cynicism to his work than Matt.”
    Little is known about the script for the project, although Gilroy has confirmed Jason Bourne has not died, paving the way for him to return in a later movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭danh789

No Matt Damon. I think this film is f***ed so if its going head to head with the 24 Movie which is due to be released in 2012 aswell.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I don't get calling it Bourne Legacy and not have Bourne in it at all, its like having a Bond film called Bond Legacy and having no James Bond in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

please don't be **** please don't be **** pleeeeeeeeease

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

You'll all still watch it... thats right... and you'll secretly like it...

Advertisement