Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nagles in Doolin

• 21-03-2011 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Was in Nagles in Doolin over the weekend and was very impressed.
    It has proper tarmac roads inside the site and concrete standings - and is very well kept and well priced also.
    It the best site I've been in Ireland so far.

Just though I'd share in case anybody is doing a search for "Nagles".

Here's a pic of the site in case anyone is interested :
    imag0273c.th.jpg

And a pic of the view from the park :
    imag0275h.th.jpg

(Click on either of the above pics for a larger version)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Betsy Og

Its a bit exposed is the only issue (a stormy night there last June, in a caravan, lucky that no damage of note).

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭shaysue

Stayed there last year and was very impressed. Well laid out and reasonable cost with showers included. Did not feel ripped off like on some of our overpriced Irish sites. Very friendly staff willing to help. No hesitation in recommending this site to anyone. And only a 15 min walk from the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

we will be down that way over easter will defo give it a go,its super to get recommendations from boards both good and bad takes the guess work out of picking a site,

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭corkbuoy

Excellent site, stayed there a number of times. Good to hear that they are open, previously they didn't open until Easter.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Nagles has been good for at least 20 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

We were down there last year. Very impressed.Toilets,showers and the entire site were spotless. A super sunset the same evening. When I spoke to the owner (forget his name) he said they were going to develop a kiddies playground this year because that was the only thing missing. Any one know if this has been done?

Kevin www.iwmotorhomes.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Betsy Og wrote: »
    Its a bit exposed is the only issue (a stormy night there last June, in a caravan, lucky that no damage of note).

One of my favourite spots, yes its exposed but it keeps the midges at bay so I don't mind wearing a coat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭SARZY

One of the best in Ireland and at a reasonable price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Glad to hear good news like this, wonder how much a night it costs for a single person with a camper

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Well for 2 people + baby (free) + electric hookup for 2 nights it was 42 Euro.

There is also a deposit of 20 euro required for the key fob that you need to drive into the park. You get the 20 back at the end of your stay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

Getting ready to head to Nagles this weekend for the Easter break and the good news is, I see on their facebook page that the playground is near completion! This will be great for my 5 year old!!
    Praying that the weather holds out!!!

418556_346875582022868_122136351163460_962735_2079996537_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Excellent news. We may be stopping on the way down to Kerry next month. Stayed there before and it was fantastic, especially since it was our first outing in the van.
    Was missing a play area alright, but couldn't fault the place at all. Little windy but not the owners fault tho....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

I must be the odd one out here but I really don't like the old concrete shower blocks there.

Having said that it's in a super location with a great view of the Cliffs of Moher up to the left.

It wouldn't be anywhere near my top 10 for comfort and modernity though.

Different strokes and all that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭irishrver

thanks for the info heading down there form the 12 to the 15th hope the weather is as good as today and if it is windy can always break out the windsurfers and body boards

Delighted to hear the playground is nearly ready. We will continue to recommend Nagles to our customers. Is it officialy a 5 star campsite ? Personally I think it now has everything you would want.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

Swanner wrote: »
    I must be the odd one out here but I really don't like the old concrete shower blocks there.

The Shower blocks must have been upgraded recently enough because when we were there last year they seemed to be brand new!

Each to their own though as you say..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

It's a few years since I stayed there so it may have been upgraded in fairness to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭WildWater

Posting this from Nagels - with all the fuss on here we decided to check it out :D

It really is an excellent campsite and very well maintained. The new playground is excellent. Finished to a very high standard and a good range of equipment. It must have set them back quite a few bob. But it was the dealmaker for us, without it we would probably have used an SNI site.

Shower block, kitchen and toilets all very clean and modern. Wifi connection is excellent also.

Kevin one of your vans here tonight also.

Wildwater , thanks for the update on the whereabouts of 1 of our vans .:D
    After been there last year i have recommended it to any of our customers that are heading down south . Well kept and well equipped sites deserve a favourable mention.

demoreino wrote: »
    Wildwater , thanks for the update on the whereabouts of 1 of our vans .:D

No problem, you can send me my cut later :D

• Advertisement

NaglesPG01.jpg

NaglesPG02.jpg

Advertisement