Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does the Samsung S3 have a built in FM radio

• 09-12-2012 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭

hi guys can you tell me does the Samsung Galaxy S3 have a FM radio built in , im not talking about streaming radio on it but an actual FM reciever that will work with no 3G etc , im just wondering as looking on the net it seems some countries do have it and some do not ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

hi guys can you tell me does the Samsung Galaxy S3 have a FM radio built in , im not talking about streaming radio on it but an actual FM reciever that will work with no 3G etc , im just wondering as looking on the net it seems some countries do have it and some do not ??

yes it does but don't take my word for it.gsm arena, google that search for galaxy 3 and it will tell you every thing you want to know about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones-and-plans/phones/bill-pay/phone-details/samsung-galaxy-s3-blue

Yes it does, of course headphones need to be attached to receive reception.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

For 600 notes....it bleedin well should have! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

For 600 notes....it bleedin well should have! :eek:

You mean like the iphone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

zarquon wrote: »
    You mean like the iphone :D

or the newer higher spec 4g/LTE version of the Samsung S3 (I9305) which has no radio either ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

or the newer higher spec 4g/LTE version of the Samsung S3 (I9305) which has no radio either ;)

I guess if you have 4g, tune in is more than sufficient to replace the fm radio

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

zarquon wrote: »
    I guess if you have 4g, tune in is more than sufficient to replace the fm radio

iphone 5 has 4G aswell , yet you commented on it :p

all im saying is its rediculous that the upgraded version has lost basic features, you might have the 4g version of the S3 , doesnt mean you will have 4g reception

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭thomasj

Apparently it is to do with the lte radio clashing. The american versions that have lte don't have a FM transmitter.

Advertisement