Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post here every time you get something new!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,080 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

waveform wrote: »
    "Batman Kung Fu"

Now that would make for an interesting game.

Oh, I remember the day in Ciderdude's when I saw this title on MAME. Disappointing it doesn't do exactly what it says on the tin, but still awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Street Fighter III Double Impact for the dreamcast. Not really new but I thought I had lost it and I've spent a good three days tearing the house apart to find it, hell I even went into the charity book shop in town and asked did I drop it in with some books. Always coming back to the same stupid and unhelpful thought, 'It should be on top of the tele.'. Three days and not a glimpse did I catch of it, so I gave up the quest to find it.
    Fast forward two weeks and hey presto, its found when I was searching for a book for my course. In a wardrobe half down a stack of books. What the heck was it doing there? Makes no sense as I haven't touched those books in ages.
    It's a pity I'm crap at it.

Has anyone else this problem with stuff being all over the house? RGB cables in the utensil drawer, games staked in with books, masses of loose carts in bedside lockers, boxes of controllers in the sitting room ...

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Some of my latest goodies....AV modded and has a USB connection ( Has gone yellowish )

20120219_181032.jpg

Two Sinclair Spectrum Games....

20120219_180917.jpg

Some PS2 Games.....

20120219_181153.jpg

other Games.....

20120219_181306.jpg

Part 2.......

Shenmue II on xbox...Both Disk Perfect condition....

20120219_181100.jpg

Plan to mod this Asian Megadrive. Its the 50 Mhz model.....Thanks to Enternow for answering a question I had.....

20120219_181013.jpg

What Everyone wants....I have TWO....:eek:

20120219_180827.jpg

and a contoller.....

20120219_180944.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

That version of Raiden is supposedly quite good (relatively speaking) considering the machine it's running on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Andrew76 wrote: »
    That version of Raiden is supposedly quite good (relatively speaking) considering the machine it's running on.

Shame on you, trolling Alphaeagle like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Part 2.......

Shenmue II on xbox...Both Disk Perfect condition....

20120219_181100.jpg

Snap :D

Picked it up in rage last week with an xbox thrown in for €25:P

How much did you get yours for alpha?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Shame on you, trolling Alphaeagle like that!

Funny, I was only watching a video of that version the other day - looked pretty respectable in fairness. That and the PC Engine version are supposedly the better home conversions, it's interesting to see the differences between them and the original.

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Snap :D

Picked it up in rage last week with an xbox thrown in for €25:P

How much did you get yours for alpha?

I paid €20 for mine..........But the way you go thur xboxs they must of felt sorry for you as a repeat customer.....;) LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

I paid €20 for mine..........But the way you go thur xboxs they must of felt sorry for you as a repeat customer.....;) LOL

:D

Was on Facebook and spotted they had the offer so i went in and had a check through the games.

Seen shenmue and put it to the bottom of the pile:eek:

Went over and asked had they any of the €25 xboxes they said yes and i asked which games were on offer.

They said anything from the pile so i took €25 out of my pocket handed it to him and went to pick my game.browsed through for a minute or so then asked had they any others he said no then i took Shenmue out and said i will go for that.:)

Btw i only blew the chit out of 1 xbox

Badly ballsed another but fixed it with splintercell

And a 4gb usb died for the cause

Now to get a 360 and mod that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,367 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Funny, I was only watching a video of that version the other day - looked pretty respectable in fairness. That and the PC Engine version are supposedly the better home conversions, it's interesting to see the differences between them and the original.

I have it myself, and if you appreciate it for what it is, it's not so bad.

It's one of those cases though where there's absolutely no need to play it nowadays as we have perfect home arcade ports like The Raiden Project etc.

Still, it's a must buy if you have a Jag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Definitely pick up the PC Engine version of Super Raiden if you can. The price borders the 'handsome' side of affordability but it's a smashing edition.

Then again, the PC Engine is wonderful so I would say that. :pac:

Master of the Universe

Kind of on topic, over the weekend I was clearing out a room in the house which I've never really been in (yes, my estate is that big) and I found a portable CRT!

It's not as big and nice as a trinitron, but it'll has a scart socket and should do for a bit of easy rotation with the supergun.

I got word that Mercs landed in Bray yesterday, so that worked out well timing wise.

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Definitely pick up the PC Engine version of Super Raiden if you can. The price borders the 'handsome' side of affordability but it's a smashing edition.

Then again, the PC Engine is wonderful so I would say that. :pac:

I was thinking about getting one from ebay just to see what it was like, but then I started to think about needing an arcade stick - I can't use a joypad anymore for shmups - but I'm not paying that mad price for that stick I linked before so decided against it. And sure what's the point if you have the pcb. Save my shillings. :)

o1s1n wrote: »
    Kind of on topic, over the weekend I was clearing out a room in the house which I've never really been in (yes, my estate is that big) and I found a portable CRT!

It's not as big and nice as a trinitron, but it'll has a scart socket and should do for a bit of easy rotation with the supergun.

I got word that Mercs landed in Bray yesterday, so that worked out well timing wise.

Nice on the CRT find! I meant to ask if you ever got a chance to test Raiden II?

Master of the Universe

I still have to get off my lazy arse and go out to pick that stuff up from Enternow! Soon... :D

When I pick it all back up I'll take some photos of Raiden 2,The Game Paradise and Mercs on the rotated display. :)

The sound should at least work in Mercs, as it was working in other CPS1 boards I'd tested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    Kind of on topic, over the weekend I was clearing out a room in the house which I've never really been in

Seriously man, have you not learned enough from the pantry episode? :D Don't encourage us.

30nc3sm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Have some fine work by LJN in my hand right here:

pjah82hm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭Doge

EnterNow wrote: »
    Seriously man, have you not learned enough from the pantry episode? :D Don't encourage us.

30nc3sm.jpg

That was ****ing hilarious. And I haven't even played resident evil 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

That was ****ing hilarious. And I haven't even played resident evil 1.

-_-

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Got that super producers game in the post today and also picked up genji on the ps3 (heard its not very good but it was €4 and I enjoyed the ps2 one) and also kirbys epic yarn for €3 on the wii. Also bought my first Bluray ever (Scott pilgrim) and zombieland on DVD.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

kirbys epic yarn for €3 on the wii

:O WHERE!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    kirbys epic yarn for €3 on the wii

:O WHERE!!!!

Hmv in dundrum, selling them off because they had no covers. Brand new though and I can always print one off. They had 3 or 4 of them left.

-_-

I honestly haven't!

Resident Evil 2 was the only one I played besides starting Resident Evil 4 recently.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I honestly haven't!

Resident Evil 2 was the only one I played besides starting Resident Evil 4 recently.

Don't worry about the rest of the terms fees, just clear out your locker and best of luck....

I honestly haven't!

Disgraceful carry on there Waveform.* :p

*he says whilst desperately trying to find his copy for the Gamecube to play before he asked anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Oh yeah... that puzzle in Resident Evil with the glass hammer and the sky hooks is a really tricky part, right?

Yes I agree with your observation about the game that is Resident Evil 1. A bona fide modern classic, of which I have extensive first hand experience.

Oh I got blinded by what was waiting for me when I got home today. Two brand new nearly 20 year old letterbox editions Terry Pratchett books.
    The gloss on the dust jacket is amazing and now puts the rest of the books beside it to shame.
    Men at Arms and Guards! Guards!. The first one is actually a bit rare and goes for 50-60 quid in an acceptable condition, so I have no idea how much the new one is worth.
    Got it for buttons as well. I love early morning auctions.

And now back to the Arcade & Retro discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Yes I agree with your observation about the game that is Resident Evil 1. A bona fide modern classic, of which I have extensive first hand experience.
    Yeah, those lickers were were a bitch to kill in resident evil 1 wouldn't you agree?

• Advertisement

Which do people think is better?

The First one / Directors Cut VS Resident Evil 2?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement