Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

live aircraft traffic over ireland on Google Earth.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

Very cool, since aeroseek were stopped from using UK atc feed I havent come across any similar system for Irish skies.

This website for Dutch air traffic is I think though the bees knees!

http://casper.frontier.nl/

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭pajoguy

alpha2zulu wrote: »
    Very cool, since aeroseek were stopped from using UK atc feed I havent come across any similar system for Irish skies.

This website for Dutch air traffic is I think though the bees knees!

http://casper.frontier.nl/

Class!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭diverdriver

Fascinating really, to see all the aircraft inbound and relating them to the radio traffic. It is a bit behind the ATC feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

There is no inbound traffic showing up...
    Edit there's some showing up but they dissapear before reaching the runway.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bodan

I have just seen this

goearth.gif

:eek:

• Advertisement

You're getting a hell of a lot more traffic than me, that looks great!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

Great, it was fine yesterday, even if the images disappeared as noted by Ian m. However today there is nothing. The PP1 folder is showing a 'accessing data' button but nothing is appearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭aidanco

Thanks for posting pretty cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Dundalk EI7DAR

Live tracking will be back in service tomorrow, engineering works been carried out;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 LyonsTea

I have a huge interest in airlines and I find this just brilliant..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Great find! :)
    Really cool to hear a flight going over my house and log on to that and find out all the details of it buy googling the reg & flight number!

That dutch version is brilliant!

I nt get the Irish one working, what am I doing wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

LyonsTea wrote: »
    I nt get the Irish one working, what am I doing wrong?

I couldnt get it working at first either but got it in the end. This may not be the best way but it works for me! :D

Follow the link as posted in the first post.
    Then click this kml.jpgIRISH ATC.KML
    It will ask if you want to 'open with' or 'save file'.

Open it with Google earth and it should work.
    Its only open as a temporary file but when you try close Google earth it will ask you if you want to save it, and obviously click yes.:p

Im sure theres another way but that worked for me! and i aint much of a tech head!;)

Got it...Thanks!!:)

Its just too cloudy tonight though:(

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭aidanco

Live tracking will be back in service tomorrow, engineering works been carried out;)

Can I ask you how does it work exactly? It is really a cool thing to watch! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Dannyboi3k

LyonsTea turn off the clouds on google earth ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Aer Arann coming into waterford airport at the moment but not showing on Google Earth?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Turlock

It's only certian planes with a radar replacement thingy (read the page) that show up

It's very good although there seems to be very few on it sometimes...like now
    Three aircraft over Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭mac80

Well Lads,

I host the server uploading the ADS data to the site, glad to see your all enjoying it. The planes disappear when landing below 1000 feet due to loss of signal, the shuld re appear as they taxi up the runway though ;)
    Hopefully we will have a new node uploading from Howth shortly for better coverage.
    Aer Arann flights do not have an ADS-B transponder so they dont show up :(

The system works by people who have an Airnav Radar box or Kinetics radar box decoding the info and using it along site a cheap piece of software called Planeplotter. They then in tuen upload it to my server and then I compile all this and upload ot to the net.

The more people who share the better the coverage.

Check out thes also http://ei7dar.com/milan.html

http://ei7dar.com/ais.html

Enjoy

Milan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭icom

Hi Milan,

Having a great time watching the planes approaching EIDW after listening to the live feed provided by M50 on liveatc.net for the last few years, thanks for all your hard work in putting this togther, and if the Howth node goes ahead it should be even better.
    I use VNC viewer here to monitor the SBS-1 boxes in the Netherlands, the Schipol coverage is fantastic, and being able to watch the planes taking off on the live webcam at the end of runway 24 is an added bonus!!:)

Keep up the good work and all the best from Donegal.

icom(EI8GP)...

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

icom wrote: »
    Hi Milan,

Having a great time watching the planes approaching EIDW after listening to the live feed provided by M50 on liveatc.net for the last few years, thanks for all your hard work in putting this togther, and if the Howth node goes ahead it should be even better.
    I use VNC viewer here to monitor the SBS-1 boxes in the Netherlands, the Schipol coverage is fantastic, and being able to watch the planes taking off on the live webcam at the end of runway 24 is an added bonus!!:)

Keep up the good work and all the best from Donegal.

icom(EI8GP)...

listening to it on my iphone right now after i saw you said that you were following on that site. I will see if i can set up the google earth on my iphones google earth. its very little or no delay from the live feed to the google earth live traffic feed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

murfie wrote: »
    listening to it on my iphone right now after i saw you said that you were following on that site. I will see if i can set up the google earth on my iphones google earth. its very little or no delay from the live feed to the google earth live traffic feed

Do you listen to atc.net from you iPhone? What do you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭pbirney

The ADS feed on Google Earth has been off air since yesterday. Hope it's not permanent. :(

It's back again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭unfit2006

Hi,

I loaded Google Earth to view the live aircraft traffic
    Can you explain how to discover the flight details (destination etc) of the various aircraft that you are viewing on the google earth.
    regards,

unfit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

To discover the flight details just google the flight number. You will see the altitude and flight number when you click on one of the planes. EG, you may see FR703 FL280 - That is the flight number and altitude; 28,000ft, respectively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Shane Slv

Shannon dosent seem to have coverage :(

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭lazywhole

Heres another good site for tracking flights http://www.radarvirtuel.com/ Its europe wide.. enjoy

• Advertisement

The Google feeds appear to be off again since yesterday :(

Advertisement