Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2012 - 1000 mile challenge - How far have you run since Jan 1st?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭corkrunner71

Thought I'd never see that 900 mile mark. Last few weeks seem to have been very tough going. Taper madness now for Cork as well, so 1000 date is gonna continue to drift out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

More colours!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

RayCun wrote: »
    More colours!

Ohh, that is pretty now. :D

I can't take credit for that update though, there is a Google Docs magician working in the background. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Congratulations to belcara who despite illness still managed to pip me at the post:)

I passed the 1,000 mile mark this morning in glorious, glorious sunshine by the sea.
    I imagine 1,000 miles isn't a huge deal for most of the seasoned runners on here but I'm very proud of myself.
    Choosing to join this table in the year I took on my first Ultra obviously made it a little easier but nevertheless I'm delighted to finish in the top 15.
    Only 997 miles left till I reach 2,000:D

Damn my weak throat :pac:
    Beat you both to 2000 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Marthastew wrote: »
    Congratulations to belcara who despite illness still managed to pip me at the post:)

I passed the 1,000 mile mark this morning in glorious, glorious sunshine by the sea.
    I imagine 1,000 miles isn't a huge deal for most of the seasoned runners on here but I'm very proud of myself.
    Choosing to join this table in the year I took on my first Ultra obviously made it a little easier but nevertheless I'm delighted to finish in the top 15.

I noticed yesterday you were in line for first female too so another podium for you!!
    Well done O...race ya to 2,000!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Rolex_

Fair play... hats off to you. I'm hot on your heels so watch out

Well done. You easily beat me to it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

The 'positions' sheet doesn't recognise my updated entry on the 'enter distance here' sheet. Any idea how I can fix it?

Edit: when I update the 'Running Miles' column, the 'positions' sheet changes, but not when I update in the 'Running KM' column.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The 'positions' sheet doesn't recognise my updated entry on the 'enter distance here' sheet. Any idea how I can fix it?

Edit: when I update the 'Running Miles' column, the 'positions' sheet changes, but not when I update in the 'Running KM' column.

Only put numbers in one of the columns. The KM's column is only used if you have nothing in the Miles column...this is the 1000 MILE challenge after all.

The KM's are calculated for the positions sheet automagically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

robinph wrote: »
    Only put numbers in one of the columns. The KM's column is only used if you have nothing in the Miles column...this is the 1000 MILE challenge after all.

The KM's are calculated for the positions sheet automagically.

Ah great!

I was updating KMs only up until now and somehow data was entered into the Miles column sometime in the past few weeks. I just removed it and it works fine :) Thanks Robin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

I see my name is gone again from the first sheet, but appears twice on the positions sheet.
    robinph I sent you a PM, hope thats ok!!:)

Younganne wrote: »
    I see my name is gone again from the first sheet, but appears twice on the positions sheet.
    robinph I sent you a PM, hope thats ok!!:)

:confused:

Erm. No idea what is going on there. I've deleted you, I've re-added you, I've deleted the duplicate lines, I've rejigged some hidden sheets that do a bit of black magic. No idea where the extra lines for you are coming from though.

I'll try and have another look later if I get the chance and try and figure out what is so special about you.

robinph wrote: »
    :confused:

Erm. No idea what is going on there. I've deleted you, I've re-added you, I've deleted the duplicate lines, I've rejigged some hidden sheets that do a bit of black magic. No idea where the extra lines for you are coming from though.

I'll try and have another look later if I get the chance and try and figure out what is so special about you.

I'm just one of those "special" people...someone wants to see my name in lots of place!!!
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Only started running consistently 3-4 times a week again the past fortnight. Added my name to the list as an extra incentive to keep going.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Rolex_

Hit the thousand mark yesterday, happy days :)

Rolex_ wrote: »
    Hit the thousand mark yesterday, happy days :)

Well done. Hoping to join ye're club before this weekend !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

There's been a mess made of my entry.

I won't mess around with it in case it makes it worse.

I was at 1247.2km

Mothman wrote: »
    There's been a mess made of my entry.

I won't mess around with it in case it makes it worse.

I was at 1247.2km

Think I've fixed you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

1001. Took me till mid December last year to get there. Still don't consider myself a runner. If I reach my goal in Dublin maybe then.

• Advertisement

Passed the 1000 a few days ago, in Spain

Well done rom and raycun, pipped me to the mark. 3 miles to go for me. might try to get them done before the big game tonight. I see I had become a jogger again on the sheet this morning as well. Someone's trying to tell me something ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

there are 15 YoungAnnes in the table :D

Finally made it this morning :D. Thought I'd never make it. And just before Ray hits the 2000 mile mark :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

littlebug wrote: »
    I know and i am trying to figure out which younganne i am as i have been deleted/replaced by a younganne :D

littlebug wrote: »

Someone really likes me:eek:...and luckly for everyone there is definielty really only 1 younganne :eek:

its not me doing it....

Robin can you do anything about it, lots of the entries are Males so their names must have been changed...any of the F or F40, can you delete....current mileage is 459.04m

Younganne wrote: »
    Someone really likes me:eek:...and luckly for everyone there is definielty really only 1 younganne :eek:

its not me doing it....

Robin can you do anything about it, lots of the entries are Males so their names must have been changed...any of the F or F40, can you delete....current mileage is 459.04m

I think I've now fixed you. I deleted all the other duplicate you's, who knows where they came from? If you were an entry that had been assimilated into the younganne Borg collective then you'll need to re-add yourself again.

thanks Robinph, someone must be cyber stalking me:eek:

Move on to the locked sheet people, it just means you have to sign in to Google to update your numbers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭mdlb

somebody deleted me!!!! :mad::(
    good thing i have another record of my miles!!!

Advertisement