Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tell 'em Steve-Dave!

• 19-12-2011 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭

Another of the Kevin Smith SModcast shows, but this one doesn't feature him (well, he's on one or two episodes)

Two of Kevin Smith's oldest friends (Bry and Walt) and a guy who used to work for Kevin (Q). Podcasts are typically about nothing in particular, but this is definitely one of my never-miss podcasts. I've even spent money buying bonus pods they put up even though I probably could have gotten them elsewhere. For me, it's just a great mix of personalities and the relationship between the three of them is great.

It's recorded in Kevin Smith's comic book shop (which Walt runs), and they've just finished filming a new reality TV show set in the shop which will also feature them doing the podcast.

I just listened to the Christmas Bonus podcast they released (not for free, but to me it was money well spent). One of their best shows.

Anyone else listen to this?

(Word of warning if you're thinking of starting listening to this, it's a SModcast show, so there'll be a few minutes of ads before it)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭EarlyStorms

Yeah I'm a fan of this podcast. I used to listen weekly but I've not been listening so regular of late but I'll make sure to get back into it, always did enjoy it. On the smodcast network I only listen to this and SMod itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 13th Floor Elevator

It's on my 'to listen' list. Currently listening to all the back shows of 'Hollywood Babble-On' & 'SModcast'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

i make a point of listening every week, TESD, babble on and Jay & Bob are my smod shows, iv gone off smodcast lately as they are old live shows which tend to be weaker episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

stuchyg wrote: »
    i make a point of listening every week, TESD, babble on and Jay & Bob are my smod shows, iv gone off smodcast lately as they are old live shows which tend to be weaker episodes

Yeah, the live shows are never really that great, but they've done proper Smodcast shows for the past few weeks and they've been on top form. Probably listened to last weeks show three times now.

As for TESD, I ordered the special Vinylcast on Thursday. I'll never be able to play the actual vinyl, but I think it'll be a pretty cool thing to have, and just wanted to kinda support the show and the idea. Here's hoping I get one of the random freebies they're giving out with some of them too.

This week's episode was pretty good, though Bry's absence was noticeable. I actually really like Ming, but as a guest rather than full member.

i was unsure whether to order the vinyl and i actually own a player, just didnt have €30 at the time. I also like Ming and he has the temperament of a champ. Penn do you where you can watch impractical jokers online by any chance

• Advertisement

I can't post up where to download or stream or anything, and would advise others not to do the same.

Then again, for the time being anyway, they seem to be on Youtube

Q is fairly quiet on the show and seems to be taking more of a backseat than the other guys. Still actually a very funny show though. Was quite surprised and enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would

thanks a mill penn, all i got find on youtube were trailers and sneak peeks

No problem.

Here's the TV spots for 'Comic Book Men' (formerly known as The Secret Stash), the TV show about Walt, Bry, Ming and Mike

This'll be really interesting because the show will also be featuring the podcast to some degree, which could really elevate the TESD audience numbers

i handt seen the first promo, i think jay and kevin shot all their bits over a weekend so not sure how prominent they will be, pity bout the lack of Q

TESD just hit their 100th episode, which was a great show (I don't mind all the Git'Em talk, it's interesting and can be pretty funny when they make fun of him). In a way, I'm surprised it lasted this long as there were some shows where it really felt like it was going to end, or even just Walt leave the show, but the show has gotten so much better since then and they're really making a run of it. The last few shows (particularly #97: Pizza Delivery) have been great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Used to listen to this religiously. Havent listened in a while. Will probably get back into it now after watching the 3 eps of Comic Book Men.

New TESD to be posted tomorrow with the circus performers, hope its a good one, pity they couldnt get Q onto CBM

A month of TESD without Bry. Could be interesting. I think it'll be alright, so long as they bring Ming in and Walt rips the p*ss of him for half of each show, I'd be happy enough. I almost would have preferred if they played the live Space Monkeys shows they've done

Maybe one of the impractical jokers will fill in, Sal was on one of the Comic Book Men pods and was pretty good

My TESD Vinylcast arrived last night

Holy... f*ck.... The cover is awesome. Really, really awesome. Actual podcast is really funny too, if a little short (vinyl restricts them to about 45minutes), but man... that cover is awesome. Might look into getting it framed or something.

This week's TESD was f*cking brilliant. Was crying laughing at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Oh_Is_This_Me?

I only got around to listening to TESD over the past few months or so and I am sucked in! I came here with the sole purpose of finding fellow fans to discuss the show. :-)

Advertisement