Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I track a stolen XBOX?

• 03-08-2012 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi,
    My xbox got stolen any ways on how to track it?
    any help much appreciated

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

nope
    theirs no possible way at all
    unless you put a tracker inside the xbox itself then unfortunatly its gone mate

if he logs in with your gamertag
    you can track his ip address , but youd have to involve the guarda to do that and microsoft

Have you it registered?
    MS could block it from accessing Live, but that's about it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hmmm...

Do you have your gamertag set to auto sign in? I'm wondering if MS could get the IP if it happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

MS might be able to tell you the MAC address of the last log in on your profile and find it online that way.
    I doubt they would but maybe they could have it banned from live at the least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

If the xbox is connected to live they would be able to get the IP address from it , from that you could figure out the Service Provider, the service provider would be able to tell you which of it's customers was assigned that IP address .......... This all goes out the window though as none of the parties involved would just hand over that kind of info freely without court orders :(

At the very least OP change your password for your live account and get MS to ban it from live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Seaan125

you would need a serial number and if he signes into live ms could track him

Advertisement