Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pope says IRISH church needs overhaul!!!

• 12-12-2009 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

After the visit from Ireland’s Catholic Primate Cardinal Seán Brady and Archbishop Diarmuid Martin of Dublin (because of the Murphy report) the Pope prompts this headline in the media-
    "Vatican signals Irish church faces major overhaul"

Am I the only one that is outraged at the hypocrisy of the pope?!!!!
    For those who don't know why I am angry, this is why -
    Back in 1962 a document was published by the vatican entitled "Crimen Sollicitationis" (In Latin), it was an order sent to all Bishops Archbishops, Cardinals, and heads of religious orders on how to exactly deal with an accusation of childhood sexual abuse by a cleric. This document was unearthed back in 2003 during a sexual abuse case in America. It is proof for an organised VATICAN cover up.
    Here is a little piece of the document in english-
    "Anyone involved in a sex abuse investigation, the accuser and the accused, are to be restrained by a perpetual silence...in all matters, and with all persons, under the penalty of excommunication."

Excommunication is a religious censure used to deprive or suspend membership in a religious community. The word literally means putting [someone] out of communion. In some religions, excommunication includes spiritual condemnation of the member or group. Censures and sanctions sometimes follow excommunication; these include banishment, shunning, and shaming, depending on the religion, the offense that caused excommunication, or the rules or norms of the religious community.
    It more or less means that no-one will ever talk to you again, family or otherwise, and you will go to hell.

Shut your mouth or go to hell.

Why hypocrisy you say?-
    Cardinal Joseph Ratsinger issued this CONFIDENTIAL order, he is now the Pope.

Comments

Moved from Anthropology, Sociology & Culture.

Maybe Christianity (or even CT) would be a better place for it, I'm not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

Moved from Anthropology, Sociology & Culture.

Maybe Christianity (or even CT) would be a better place for it, I'm not sure.
    I think CT would be best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

So what like you think it is the French Catholic Church that needs an overhaul ?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭DiarmaidGNR

It's the whole catholic church that needs the overhaul, he keeps implying it is not a world-wide issue. Read my post again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement